A Tale of BikeBandit.com

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by GHO100, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaestroPNW

MaestroPNW Me! Supporter

Oddometer:
    BikeBandit holds the title of the worst customer service I had to deal with.
    On my request to speak with a supervisor, a got back "The supervisor has better things to do than to deal with you". Literally. It is so far beyond conceivable, it boggles my mind. Never again.
  2. C/W

C/W Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My what an entitled world we live in. :norton

I've never had any issues with Bike Bandit, and have ordered many parts from them. They do not have the best prices, but have always been reliable for me.

I don't expect them to have OEM parts in stock, but it's nice they have a web applet that lets you pick out exactly what you want.

The reason orders go to their facility is that they do bulk ordering and have to separate individual orders when they come in.

My only advice is to shop a bit more locally. Bike Bandit is on the west coast, if I were on the east coast I'd shop from revzilla more often.

Online retailers use to only provide convenience & prices over local merchants. Now they provide better costumer service. It's too bad the OP ended up not happy but Bike Bandit provided a lot better service than many of my local bike shops - even the favored shops.
  3. ThomasVolomitz

ThomasVolomitz New Old Stock

Oddometer:
    I have found it almost impossible to speak to a human at bike bandit. Unless of course you want to talk to sales. Done with them.
  4. 8lives

8lives WTF, in Cannabis we trust.

Oddometer:
    I do some Internet shopping but Im lucky I have a Brick and mortar nearby that gets me stuff for a good price within a couple of days and the advice/knowledge he has to offer is worth anything extra it may cost.The dealers in town are ok for specific stuff I need,but the guyI go to is a salvage guy that does catalog sales also.
  5. Disco Stu

Disco Stu Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think the problem lays partially with you. You knew your tire wouldn't make it the whole trip, but wanted to squeeze another 700 miles out of it instead of putting a fresh one on before you left. But you waited until time was of the essence to order the tire to be shipped to a location where you were going to be for only a few days.
  6. Mobiker

Mobiker Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've only ordered from BB once. Order arrived promptly and correctly. A pair of gloves turned out not to be the right size so I filled out the online return form. Didn't hear anything back so I called them. Got to speak to a person in a few minutes who told me an RA# had been emailed to me. Told him I never received an email. He gave me an RA#, I shipped the gloves back and they credited my card.

Only one experience, but I'll do business with them again.

Sometimes things just get screwed up. Response matters a lot. I got a really crappy and inappropriate response from Competition Accesories in the '80's and it pissed me off so bad I still haven't ordered anything else from them. Too many other good mail order places.
  7. Jazz62

Jazz62 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Am I missing something or did this thread start September 2009?
    :beer
  8. Disco Stu

Disco Stu Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sometimes when there's nothing better to do, we find a dead horse to kick around. :dhorse
  9. heirhead

heirhead Worlds Worst Mechanic

Oddometer:
    Hello,

Keep it going till Sept, 4 yrs.
    Then this thread should be expired like that horse!

heirhead
    worlds worst mechanic
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.