Middle Tennessee DS Ride Schedule Q2 2010

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by codyrides, Mar 25, 2010.

1. drm

drm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Second that...I dig those lights. You'll like that 250 @ LBL.
  2. EdgeGrip

EdgeGrip Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys. I can't wait to try out LBL. I've read a lot of good stuff about it. That and the Devils something-or-other loop? What else as far as single track is around the area? Or if you can point me to a good thread with that info I will look there.
  3. moulin6801

moulin6801 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the Dirt Devil ride saved on my GPS… Let me know when you are ready to go…
    Cheers
  4. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    If you want to get into off-roading, go to the MTDR website and join that group too. They have frequent club rides and can turn you on to more riding areas.
  5. Terrible1One3

Terrible1One3 n00b

Oddometer:
    Second that. Also if you are looking for Singletrack join NATRA-Westpoint and gain access to over 5000 acres and tons of Singletrack. Also CMRA. Tons of great riding in middle Tennessee.

Dirt devil is a mix of dirt and pavement roads. Check out dual sport Tennessee for a map.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
  6. EdgeGrip

EdgeGrip Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you guys for all the input. Looking forward to getting over that way.
  7. TroyJ650

TroyJ650 Long timer

Oddometer:
    pssstt! ...that's him!
  8. treemuncher

treemuncher Vegetation Terrorist

Oddometer:
    FerrySTOC 5 starts next Thursday. If any of you local boys (or girls) with knowledge of Stewart County has an interest in leading some ADV style rides, let me know. I have had some interested parties inquiring about led rides for the ADV stuff.

I've made up the suggested ADV routes through Stewart, Henry, Benton, Humphries and Calloway Counties but I will be leading the Sport Touring rides over to Missouri and to Paducah for the RTE's.

May 15-18, 2014
    Paris Landing State Park

FerrySTOC 5 – Bringing long distance, cross country riders to the Paris Landing area as a base for local area riding and group camping. Meet Sport Touring and ADV riders who are passionate and serious about their riding. We ride a little further, a little faster and a little safer than typical motorcyclists. Once again, we anticipate the arrival of riders from places as far away as California, Florida, New York and everywhere in between. Heck, we might even have some Canadians join us again!

FerrySTOC started as an idea during a trip to the Blue Ridge Gathering in the Fall of ’09, an event on the ST-owners.com calendar. (STOC=ST Owners Club is a free, internet based riding club.) Why not have an event themed on the 4 rivers area and ride the ferries that cross those rivers? And ... just to play a little bit on the theme, let’s have a gothic based Tinkerbell fairy riding a motorcycle as our trademark. Why not bring more tourists into our local community? As time has passed, this event has grown a loyal following and expanded with suggested routes for the Adventure riders - riders who lust after gravel roads and back woods exploration in rural areas. With Land Between The Lakes just across the river, this event brings the ADV riders together with long distance sport touring riders, all in the name of fun.

[​IMG]

FerrySTOC objectives include group rides using the Drop & Sweep method that allows mixed rider skills to ride together, comfortably, in the safety of a group without the worry of navigation. Pie and ice cream will be served Friday evening by the Paris Landing Seniors Club. Expect 200+ mile rides on each day of group riding. Routes change annually so no one gets bored. One annual ride objective is famous Lambert’s Throwed Rolls in Sikeston, Missouri for the Friday lunch ride. The Dorena-Hickman Ferry is ridden across the Mississippi River on the way to Lambert’s when available. Our area also has a rich Civil War history, famous landmarks, wildlife refuges and more – there is something of interest for everyone to participate in.

All riders are welcome, regardless of make or model. We do ask that you wear full safety gear, ride within your personal abilities and limits of safety, absolutely NO DRUGS and please, no drinks until kickstands are down for the day. It’s all in the name of fun and getting to visit new friends from around the country.

More information is available at http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?133601-FerrySTOC-5 Please RSVP if you plan to attend so that we can be prepared with a head count. Remember to buy local and support our Paris Landing Tourism League that is nice enough to host this event.

[​IMG]

Friday 8 AM departure from Paris Landing State Park to Lambert's Throwed Rolls in Sikeston, MO. Return to park in late afternoon for Pie & Ice Cream by the Senior's Club.

Saturday 8 AM departure for Kirchoff's Deli in Paducah. Return sometime in the afternoon. The Seniors may be cooking hot dogs and hamburgers for the dinner - not 100% confirmed on this yet.

Please Note: No alcohol consumption until kickstands are down for the day. Absolutely NO tolerance for illegal drugs. Please ride responsibly and within your limits - crashes are not encouraged.
  9. wdavis009

wdavis009 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just got back from a dual sport ride to Savannah and back. Still going through all the pics, but made a quick video of the trip.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/z8in4oi3kA8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  10. Wallachian Spikes

Wallachian Spikes Long timer

Oddometer:
    Somewhere between the sacred silence & sleep
    Nice slide show wdavis. Looks like a weekend well spent.

I had intended to ride Godzilla all over LBL this weekend but after the first 59 miles ridden, I broke the pewter brake mount on her.
    [​IMG]

Ordered the replacement from Eagle Mike on Thursday, it arrived Friday & I put it on this mourning.
    [​IMG]

I don't know the area well enough to lead a ride but, I'll be at Ferry Stock 5 & looking for the dirtiest ride going out from there. I'll keep an eye out for you Randy.
  11. wdavis009

wdavis009 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    BTW, does anyone have any recommended routes to Atlanta? Need to go down in a couple weeks and would like to ride down via back roads.
  12. BajaDoug

BajaDoug Swabbie

Oddometer:
    They even follow me to the job site now.:D

[​IMG]
  13. malibu_dan

malibu_dan Adventuring Mystic

Oddometer:
  14. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:

I'd be concerned if a cement truck followed me to a job site too.

I wouldn't want to be fitted for some cement shoes. :evil
  15. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:

You butthole . . . . . . :D
  16. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    Why am I so HAPPY today? :clap :clap

Because I can show ya'll what an open faced BLT looks like :clap :clap

[​IMG]
  17. teambft

teambft teambft

Oddometer:
  18. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    And let me tell ya boys . . . . . . the bigger they are, the harder they fall :freaky And the whipped cream was to sooth your injuries.

BajaDoug always tells me that if I hurt myself riding to let him smear some whipped cream all over me. Haven't tried it out yet, but looking forward to it :tb
  19. malibu_dan

malibu_dan Adventuring Mystic

Oddometer:
    You guys are a hoot! Glad you don't ride on the roads and I sold my bike with knobbies... just sayin'.
  20. BajaDoug

BajaDoug Swabbie

Oddometer:
    Who says we don't ride street? Sometimes we ride street and go tubing on the same trip. The whip cream is just for after hours:evil