Adventure-Spec F800GS Protection -- Crash Bars and Bashplate. New cheaper $US Pricing

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by wonky, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Nacho911

Nacho911 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Canada customs does suck, my bolts may have been miss placed when the monkeys were looking in the box. I have been waiting for days for a pair of boots to clear customs, I'm sure they are wearing them right now!:lol3
  2. dukedar

dukedar 60 easy payments!

Oddometer:
    For those of you still paying attention, the replacements bars were excellent!

I will not bore you all with details, because I have said enough and supplied David with more pics and info than he needs.

:clap Again, 1000 thanks go out to David and Adventure Spec! :clap
    David, I owe you a few pints :beer if you are over the pond this way.

Now let's all :kumbaya
  3. davidlomax

davidlomax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If our customers are happy, then so are we!:clap:clap:clap

Dave and Chris
  4. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:
    I owe you boys some serious :bow

These things got their first major test aside from walking speed tipovers today as I threw the 800GS down the road (lost the front in some greasy snot mud). Came down hard on the left side. Bars are twisted in the triples (no busters yet) and the shifter was pretzled back into the peg, but zero damage to the expensive bits. Incredible.

:clap :clap :beer

:webers
  5. wonky

wonky TETETETETETETETET

Oddometer:
    hey nate,
    glad to hear you walked away and wont be filling the coffers of BMW's spares department. Thats what we're here for! speak soon

chris:freaky
  6. yns

yns cretan inside

Oddometer:
    Hi all, this is my very first post in this forum. I write to publicly thank David from Adventure Spec.
    Some time ago I emailed them to ask about shipping prices to Greece and he replied that a new shipping service was about to take place with much less money in case I wanted to wait for a couple of weeks (now tell me WHO tells this to a potential customer?). I thanked him and 2 weeks later I asked him again if the new service was available. He wrote back that it was ready and that the price was a bit more expensive from what he had told me before but he would make me the price he had told me at the first place!!
    Just unbelievable! I only wish other online shops were like them.
    The crash bars arrived in Greece 8 days after the order. Everything was in place. Every single piece was paper wrapped carefully and the bolts were in a plastic bag. Instructions were very detailed and easy to understand from a non native speaker. Installation took about 30 minutes and I did it alone. If I do this again it will be 15.
    I'm very pleased with the look of the bars on the bike even if I was a bit worried when I ordered them because I thought that they would look huge.
    To end this post I'll thank David again and I'll show you a pic with my new babe (her name is "Maya") with the Adventure-Spec bars on in combination with the BMW bashplate.

[​IMG]
  7. Gumbeaux

Gumbeaux The Chameleon Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just received my bash plate after placing order last week.

This looks to be the highest quality motorcycle "farkle" I have ever bought. Hefty; nice welds; looks to line up and fit well (not installed yet).

Very impressed. I ordered other crash bars...but they may go back for some Adv Specs...
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
  8. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.
    Couldn't find a definite answer from anybody who has actually tried it: Does the Adv Spec bash plate work with the SW-Motech crash bars?
  9. Lundie

Lundie n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi, I'm the very proud new owner of the unbeatable F800 GS and wanting to source a really good crash bar and bash plate...Can't seem to connect to the adventure_spec website. Are they still going? Thanks...and get that back wheel out!!!:D
  10. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:

It connects fine, here. :dunno

http://www.adventure-spec.com/
  11. GeckoRider

GeckoRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oakland, CA, USA, Thrid Rock from the Star Sol
    +1
  12. dukedar

dukedar 60 easy payments!

Oddometer:
    Not working here for me right now :dunno :ear
  13. wonky

wonky TETETETETETETETET

Oddometer:
    hey guys. Should be working fine

http://www.adventure-spec.com

direct link to the bars...

http://www.adventure-spec.com/shop/bmw-f800gs-f800-gs-crash-engine-bars/prod_121.html

We're still going strong. In fact we've just finished building a whopping extension onto the warehouse, which is why we've been a bit quiet for a while

June
    [​IMG]

Today!
    [​IMG]

With regard to the bashplate questions our bashplate will NOT fit with SW-Motech bars. In fact to date we haven't found any bars other than our own that are compatible with the bashplate.

This may seem like a stupid thing, but we made the bashplate as soon as the bikes were released and only decided to do the bars when we realised the bashplate was incompatible with other brands

Anyway our bars are the mutts nuts!
  14. Law Dawg (ret)

Law Dawg (ret) Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What an interesting bit of A S history. Glad it turned out that way as the combination is bullet proof. Probably actually true...I'll not be testing that on my set anytime soon though:augie. Pretty sure K-9 testicles don't measure up though.:D
  15. loph917

loph917 Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:
    placed ordered on the 10th. paid up morning of the 11th. crashbars and bashplate in my living room evening of the 12th. done like that. proper. will mount up tomorrow. cost of bars, plate and shipping is just slightly more than cost of one replacement plastic part (fairing) according to max's fiche. this type of plastic insurance is easy math.
  16. davidlomax

Oddometer:
    Sounds like the bashplate has had a bang at some point. In normal trim there is plenty of clearance. You should be able to bend the tab forwards to clear the pipe, or as you suggest grind a little bit away to keep evrything happy.

Ride safe,

Dave (Adventue-Spec)
  17. Ukekim

Ukekim n00b

Oddometer:
    When are the crash bars going to be back in stock?
  18. wonky

wonky TETETETETETETETET

Oddometer:
    They're in stock! Looks like the shop stock didn't get updated when we finished the last lot...
  19. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Any plans to produce something similar for the Yamaha XT1200Z SuperTenere?
  20. davidlomax

Oddometer:
    Funny you should mention that...Standby!

Dave