Warped x !!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by DaFoole, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Sasquatch2112

Sasquatch2112 Old Angry White Guy (OAWG)

Oddometer:
    BS. IT IS 4/1 after all.

That is as bad as me saying a bought a 2 smoke orange bike!
  2. JStory

JStory Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    He wanted one, but it was on back order.
  3. MXman

MXman n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi guys, I am a new guy here so wanted to say hello and confess that I too like beer and motorcycles. Not only do I like motorcycles and beer, but I am also known to abuse my poor CRF450 on nasty, rocky, difficult single track trails for long periods of time.

Now with that off my chest, is this a ride that I should attend or will I be judged negatively?
  4. Shunka

Shunka Supervision Required

Oddometer:
    You will be judged negatively. But that's all part of it. Do you like cider and skinny jeans? If so we have the campsite for you! :D
  5. SQ Beemer

SQ Beemer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Depends what kind of beer you like. :deal
  6. CA Stu

CA Stu Peace and Love

Oddometer:
    :fpalm

To be at least believable you would have to include details about "TKC's ordered!" and express that you will be navigating up with 2 redundant GPS tandem mounted on titanium antennae bracketry.

Also, "meet at west corner of Pasadena Starbucks at 0800" would have lent at least a shred of credence to your obvious jest, ya pillock. :D
  7. DaFoole

DaFoole Well Marbled...

Oddometer:

You will definitely be judged negatively if you don't show.....:evil

There are several riders that are more than willing to show you single track on which to abuse yourself....:lol3

:freaky
  8. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    I beg to differ. He could bring offerings to the Minions in which case he would be judged positively. :deal
  9. DaFoole

DaFoole Well Marbled...

Oddometer:
    True...

Bribery is always well received......:evil

IPA please

10. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    Judging from your first post alone...you are in like Flynn and will fit right in.:D

The real question is, how bad do you want to thrash that 450?:eek1:huh
  11. DaFoole

DaFoole Well Marbled...

Oddometer:

What Perry said....:nod

12. JStory

JStory Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    fixsted
  13. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    How was I not subscribed to this thread?

Bah ... Missed all the bullshit and fun. Damnit.

Gittin pumped.
  14. DaFoole

DaFoole Well Marbled...

Oddometer:

Loser.....:razor

:lol3
  15. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    Let me get this out here NOW...

First: The loud and obnoxious part... hell, I'm right next to you! Can it get any worse? And there is room for tents in the spot. The truck will most likely be parked somewhere else to make some room, but the trailer is 37' long and the spot is about 45' long... do the math...

Second: Accommodations in the trailer (condo) are for ONE. Don't ASK to sleep on the floor/garage/couch. If I offer that's different... and if you're female, it's entirely different :deal

Gerg

Yes, I can be a prick... but I do serve coffee in the mornings... and sometimes with muffins or sweet rolls...
  16. stoke

stoke ocean minded

Oddometer:
    WHAT'S UP YOU DICKS!!!???

Just caught up on all the pages I missed while enjoying mead (thank the gods for the warped rally home brew inspiration). Was at the death valley noob rally with a few folks that are also on this thread. What a great time. Man.

A few observations from the catching up on this thread: the "dick's cider" video: yep, went to university in Australia. That was shot on the Gold Coast where I lived-the gold hotpants of the meter maids sets it off. Also, currently brewing some cider. Coming along nicely.

Vstroms off pavement: yeah, it's a challenge. As jeepbandit (you gotta stop by warped man) will attest, we were beat up from the "suspension" after over 20 miles of straight washboard. Plus I can't stand up straight on the damn thing being 6' 4".

I would also like to point out that shooby's 2013 F800 blew a rear shock in addition to jeepbandit's high mileage 'strom. Strom is basically a street bike, no doubt about it. Checking out options, but dammit, it makes a great commuter:D.

What else, what else...shooby admitted he likes cider after I made him drink it. Jimmy Lewis class on a strom was...challenging to say the least, especially combined with my noob skills :lol3. I consumed an entire bottle of wine in front of jeepbandit and shooby in less than 30 min as a warmup and they looked concerned. FZcruzer let me ride his 500 KTM and it was a revelation. Wow. So fun. Thanks again.

Skinny pants and all, I'm looking forward to WARPED:clap!!! Now, where can I find a copy of bear magazine....
  17. DaFoole

DaFoole Well Marbled...

Oddometer:
    Mornin' Peeps...

Heading to Orygun in about 10". Might be a bit slow responding to PM's. Fear not, I will respond...eventually...

18. dzrtracin

dzrtracin возьми

Oddometer:
    What, NO cupcakes:1drink

RIDE ON!
  19. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    No, muffins... but I think there MIGHT be some brownies offered up by another AdvRider :evil

On another note...
    The weather dumped some light snow up high. A little more last night than Tuesday night however we're expecting temps in the low 80's early next week. Should make for some water in the smaller crossings and moisture on the trails but very little snow to deal with.

I'll be going up to Kernville next week and I'll report back.

Gerg
  20. Shunka

Shunka Supervision Required

Oddometer:
    No luck so far.

My best shot (friends dad owns a store that carries Founders) did not get selected to receive KBS. The one store nearby that she found had it only had one case and they would not sell the case only by bottle, they told her they already had someone offer $1000 for the case and they refused.

My peeps are still milling around trying to get their hands on it but it isn't looking good at this point. :cry