damn you austrians....

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Loadedagain, May 17, 2004.

1. Loadedagain

Loadedagain making chips

Oddometer:
    thought i had it all figured out. twas a nice shiny 1200gs for me. love the 640 i have now, but it just isn't that great for longer road trips. then it happened.... enter the 950. As the bike says on its side "GO!!!!!!!"! The 640 is really cool.. the 950 is bloddy insane! it just goes and goes and goes. 1200gs? i don't think so.

thanks barry for loaning me your bike. much appreciated!

atgatt :)

[​IMG]
  2. AntWare

AntWare Lost In Translation

Oddometer:
    Me too......fuckers :flip

[​IMG]
  3. woodsrider

woodsrider .........................

Oddometer:
    Hey loaded,

What does your bike say on the side?? Doesn't look like GO to me! Did you do a decal overlay? Panacea for the GO woes?!
  4. Loadedagain

Loadedagain making chips

Oddometer:
    the bike has "valley motosport" over the factory "go!!!!!" decal. in canada ktm is not allowed to import the bikes because of some trademark shit. the original decal is still under there (for resale value), but it can't see the light of day..... for now :evil
  5. K2ride

K2ride Single track mind!

Oddometer:
    And I thought I bought a GO!!!! bike..... :scratch
    Guess I got screwed major! :huh

Anyway, nice ride. :thumb

Attached Files:

6. Grover

Grover Blinkenlights Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I spend two hours a day minimum on my commute, but taking the 950 to work is almost like cheating. Congrats Loaded. :thumb
  7. k7

k7 “Retired x OCD”

Oddometer:
    Gotdamn... between Ant Ware and Loaded, us newbies ain't got a prayer. Glad to see both of you.. uh... gentlemen here.

Pretty cool bikes!
  8. arroyoshark

arroyoshark Needing some space

Oddometer:
    So Loaded.....I'm a little thick headed tonite. Did you actually acquire your own 950, for which you should be congratulated....or did you just bum a ride on someone elses KTM?

Either way, you're right. They just go and go and go.
  9. Greg Minor

Greg Minor The Trespasser

Oddometer:
    I saw my first go bike in the flesh man its stunning even with the silly Go!!!!!!!!!!! I would be afraid to get it dirty
  10. Loadedagain

Loadedagain making chips

Oddometer:
    just bummin a ride right now dude. mine's gonna be a 2005 model :clap bummin works for me right now though :dunno
  11. arroyoshark

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Wasn't goin' anywhere with it; just couldn't get brain working when I saw the pic of you on bike. BTW, that's a nice shade of blue. I haven't had opportunity to actually see one of these in the flesh.
  12. Loadedagain

Loadedagain making chips

Oddometer:
    purty blue...... mmmmmm lc8 :rabia

[​IMG]
  13. arroyoshark

Oddometer:
    Nice! If I hadn't earlier got the monochrome silver black 950, I'd sure the fuck just GO!!!!!!!!! get me one of these ahora pronto. :nod
  14. PeeBee

PeeBee Giant leap for me!

Oddometer:
    It's only a smoking thing. The GO!!!!!!! sign is a sign that resembles/gives an association with the logo for KTM sponsor Gauloises. They use the GO!!!! in countries where direct advertising for tobacco products is banned.

But there's one step further: I don't know if many of you follow Formula One car racing, but in several countries the Marlboro sign (word with red and white triangle) is banned from the Ferrari's, and is replaced with the famous red and white triangle only. Sometimes however, authorities think that still gives too big an association with the cigarette brand, so the red and white triangle is even changed into a red and white square.

That is what happens in Canada. Try www.gauloises.com. If you tell them on the first page that you're from Canada, you won't even get on the site at all! Pretty fierce anti-smoking policies at work!

So, a bike that will remind you of a cigarette brand, or is meant to remind you, will probably not be allowed as such in Canada. And despite the great blue color: KTM should probably not make people that want to ride a (more expensive) S advertise for smoking, concealed or not.

With this post are two pics: both from Valentino Rossi, Yamaha MotoGP driver. One from the Spanish grand prix, and one from the French grand prix. There were only weeks in between the two events. Gauloises and GO!!!! :nod

Attached Files:

15. PeeBee

PeeBee Giant leap for me!

Oddometer:
    And here's the GO!!!! bit.

Attached Files:

16. Loadedagain

Loadedagain making chips

Oddometer:
    thanks peebee. now its all clear :thumb