Adventure Is Out There! - 1500 Miles of Desert Fun. Mines, Hot Springs Etc.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Hodakaguy, Jun 7, 2010.

1. CatSailor

CatSailor CatSailor

Oddometer:
    Tom, Allen, and Craig

Tom, Thanks for making this possible and all of the additional effort in documenting the adventure! Tom, Allen and Craig - you guys rock! It was an awesome trip, and thanks for being such a great bunch of guys!

Mark
    :clap
  2. DesertSurfer

DesertSurfer Tail sprayin

Oddometer:
    Greatest ride report. Best use of helmet cam footage ever. The bikes were a prime example of perfect set up and refinement. Intriguing ride routes with great follow up info. You've definitely mastered many crafts here, including the bike set-up, travel prep, technical riding ability, journalism and group organization. Luckily no med skills required. Well done, can't wait for your next one.
  3. Jamie

Jamie .

Oddometer:
    Great report. I'd love to get out there some day. Thanks for taking the time to put it together.
  4. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

Me too, it's been on the list for awhile and I keep missing it.

Nice report!!

:beer
  5. SnoozeRat

SnoozeRat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sweet! I know what I wanna do next :)
  6. aDave

aDave Lovin' Life!

Oddometer:
    I really enjoyed following your trip. This is a part of the country that I know very little about. I loved all of the mining pics. Good job! :clap

Dave
  7. Whorepedo

Whorepedo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That was a great report and i really enjoyed keeping up with it.

If it wouldnt be too tacky to ask, is there any way you'd share the gps tracks with me? Im not far from a good chunk of that route and would love to check it out.
  8. Hodakaguy

Hodakaguy NorthWest Adventure Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    PM Sent

Hodakaguy
  9. HAULINDAVE

HAULINDAVE Adventure Rider

Oddometer:
    Awesome trip , have ridden lots of that area over the last 30 years ! I need to get out there again soon . :clap Thanks for taking as along !
  10. Zecatfish

Zecatfish XTique Rider

Oddometer:
    Awesome report Hodaka Guy. :clap
    5 Stars
  11. BikePilot

BikePilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fantastic report! I'd absolutely love to come out and ride that area sometime :bow
  12. screwit

screwit One more time

Oddometer:
    That was such a good ride report. Awesome pictures. Would it be to bold to ask for the GPS tracks if you saved them? I would love to explore some of that someday. We are doing the CDT in August but maybe we'll get up that way next year.
  13. Hodakaguy

Oddometer:
    PM Sent.

Hodakaguy
  14. Gunslinger1

Gunslinger1 GIVE'R

Oddometer:

+
  15. JossaXR

JossaXR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great report as always from you:clap :lurk
  16. Hodakaguy

Oddometer:
    Ok...starting to go through some of the HRS of helmet cam footage from the trip. Here's the first video with a mix of pictures, Helmet footage (HD GoPro) and music. More to come when I get the time.

Make sure and select 720P HD for best picture.

<object width="640" height="385"></object><object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u0U00acs4z0&hl=en_US&fs=1hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

Hodakaguy
  17. mamacone

mamacone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I love that clip, brings back great memories. The XR is serviced and ready to go, almost, just need new tires, chain and sprockets. Looks like Craig is ready for an October adventure. Lets do it. Thanks again.
  18. CatSailor

CatSailor CatSailor

Oddometer:
    Tom, Allen, Craig -

You guys rock! I had an epic time with the three of you! I still laugh and smile when I see the pictures and think of our time out there! OK- except drunks at Fish Lake Hot Springs that nearly burned down my tent and kept me up all night! (The 5:30am warm-up of my XR650R made me feel a little better :evil)

Thanks for including me with the three amigos on this trip. Really, these are three of the best guys you could ride with and it was the chance of a lifetime try to keep up with them! Each has endless patience and an unforgettable sense of humor. Each is a great riders and it would be impossible to find a better bunch to spend two weeks with off-road!

My BRP needs a new pair of shoes and a valve adjustment - other than that it is about tuned up again. Took a little time off to do some local catamaran racing but am itching to get out again. Our Northern California trails are just now losing the darn late season snow and are becoming available again - my local trips will never seem the same again!
  19. Hodakaguy

Oddometer:
    Ok, finally starting to go through the hrs of HD Helmet Cam footage from the trip. I'll be posting a short series of videos from the trip.

Here's the first video in the series. Double click the video to watch in full screen and make sure and select 720P for the best picture.

Hodakaguy

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Up5T-G579C4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Up5T-G579C4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>
  20. Nijntje

Nijntje The Riding Dutchman

Oddometer:
    What an amazing trip! I could only hope to do something that epic. I look forward to the rest of the videos!