User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2006, 07:43 AM   #1
AndyB OP
Lonely Traveler

Oddometer: 173
640Adv FCR Install ???

All right then getting an FCR39,(most riding done in the woods and very tight back roads so going for the grunt the 39 gives)
my last endo from a sputtering blubbering BST from hopping water bars that put me face first into the dirt and busted the bike pretty bad has happened. might still go over bars but not from a sputtering carb i hope.
So looking for the beta from someone who has succesfully installed one on a '02 640Adv. i don't mind the tinkering that might go along with the install, just want to have all the parts on hand to get it done right from the start.

...do i need longer cables? i've read several posts of this being a problem (under bar mounted emig stab. with i think a 1" rise) where do i get them? Motion Pro?
...seems i read in the index that there was a fit problem,... carb hitting the stock pipes??? (stock pipe currently with cored out S.tapp can, but replacing soon, prob. just the can if there is no fit prob. with stock pipe)
... Jetting? i ride 'bout 500'-4500' , and i know this will will change depending on pipe, so what sizes do i start with?
...what about the side cover/snorkel issue(currently, snork in/screened side cover)
..any other install i need to know abouts?...Mucho Thanks in advance..,AndyB
AndyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:34 AM   #2
ktmnate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,010
I'm not sure if the cables will fit but I have a Loadedagain 31.5mm rise with the Scotts stabilizer and no issues. It's a bit tight on the Decompression cable but it works. I wish I had the FCR. I'm keeping an eye on this thread. I might someday get that FCR and need setup info.

Nate
ktmnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:24 AM   #3
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Oddometer: 2,726
Agreed

I would like to change up as well, i had my first episode last weekend on a stairstep hill climb, blubbering after every stair, not what ya want on a steep asent. Where ya at creep?
Old 04-29-2006, 10:02 AM   #4
overlandr
Dystopist

Oddometer: 5,856
I gather Boejangles had one on his 640 (now ex) with an Akrapovic setup. Don't know of anybody else out there with the setup but no doubt they are around. I'd be interested to know the jet/needle info as well. Perhaps there's something over on ktmtalk?
overlandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:15 AM   #5
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 7,223
Talk to Esteban. He's got one on his 99 LC-4. That thing rips!
Old 04-29-2006, 12:59 PM   #6
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,943
I put a FCR41 on my Duke and didn't have too many issues. The cable routing of the FCR was opposite from the Edelbrock that was on the Duke. Everything fit that Sudco sent, but it did require a little headscratching.

That carb made a HUGE difference in how the Duke ran. Much smoother, instant throttle responce and a big power gain. I'd do it again to my Adventure, if I wasn't so lazy.
2whlrcr is online now   Reply With Quote