Old 04-22-2008, 09:19 AM   #1
svs OP
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 23,656
MOTGATT vs. ATGATT

Most of the Gear all the time.

or:

All the Gear all the time.

I have three pairs of Kevlar lined jeans and find when I compromise on full gear I ride with the Jeans. I also got a Draggin Kevlar Shirt as my compromise if I get the urge to ride without a Jacket. Tried the shirt out a cpl weeks ago when we were at 100 degrees and it was awesome. I even have elbow and shoulder armor for it.

What say you?
Old 04-22-2008, 09:21 AM   #2
JaySoy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
It's still better than MBASSATT (My Beanie And Sleeveless Shirt All The Time)
JaySoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:40 AM   #3
dlew
Daypass Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,144
I used to ride with some draggin jeans but then i felt naked without the armor.
dlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:12 AM   #4
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra

Oddometer: 47,184
I look like an astronaut most of the time.
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:31 AM   #5
svs OP
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 23,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Alejo
yep, It's good to look bloated.

How's your recovery coming along?
Old 04-22-2008, 02:18 PM   #6
longrider999
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,414
sandals

svs,i like sandals when its really hot.not talking flip flops.LEATHER sandals.im thinking of getting somebody to make me a BOOT type pair like the romans used to wear.nothing like the air blowing though your toes!they can pretty much repair everything but our SKULLS so my opinion is HELMETS are most important.my .02 worth.
longrider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:58 PM   #7
Lochlyn_Deckard
Dex Moto(naut)

Oddometer: 989
Hey Motonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Alejo

One night after I had just started riding, some punk at a gas station said "Hey Astronaut" to me. But I had earplugs in and wasn't sure who had said it. There were a bunch of punks at the station so I decided to ignore them. I told a friend the story later and they said, "Umm, yeah dude, ya kinda do." She started called me the Motonaut. I few months later my uncle was visiting and said the same thing. I guess that's what a white helmet and a white and grey jacket will get ya. Hence the user title I have. I always wanted to be a astronaut. Guess I'll setttle for the next best thing.
Lochlyn_Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:59 PM   #8
650VTwin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 275
ATGATT. If you can keep moving swiftly, it isn't THAT hot.
650VTwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:11 PM   #9
KTM640Dakar
Motorsick

Oddometer: 1,990
LVCAHH Leather Vest Chaps And Half Helmet

It just sounds funny. Because it is.

It is not the destination, it's the journey.
KTM640Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:23 PM   #10
Chromer
Not going gentle

Oddometer: 885
My girlfriend just broke 3 toes at parking garage speeds, while ATTGAT -- her boot sole (Diadora something-or-other street boots) rolled under and she hyperextended her toes. Aside from a nice bruise on her thigh, no other damage though.

So now we're ATGATT+motox boots w/ hinged ankles... Much better protection, and I kind of like my feet the way they are -- ski season, and that whole walking thing, you know?

And last year I had a partridge run out of the weeds at the side of the road at the last second and attack my shin at 65-70mph. That really smarted. Well, it hurt the partridge more. When I looked back all I saw was a cloud of swirling feathers. With the motox boots I'm not sure I'd even feel it now...
Chromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:01 PM   #11
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,439
I'll alternate between ATTGATT and MOTGATT depending. I don't have warm-weather overpants, so when it warms up (lately) I'm wearing Arborwear tree-climber's pants with double knees or Draggin Jeans.

Allatime in either my Rallye 2 jacket or a Firstgear perf leather jacket, helmet, gloves, and boots.

M
Old 04-24-2008, 04:26 AM   #12
The Raven
Banned

Oddometer: 4,813
Two points:

-I crashed once in ATGATT on a dirt/ice road doing about 35. Bike started to lowside, got traction and decided to high side, sending me flying. I got up with a bloody lip and a sore shoulder, think I cracked it. Now....had I been in something less than ATGATT I would be telling a worse story. I wear what's comfortable, both emotionally and physically. My typical for warm weather local riding is draggin jeans, kili air, and an XD helmet. Warm weather long distance call for the same uppers and over-pants over shorts.

-Second point is about the footwear issue; think about what your feet do. They hold up your fat asses, provide balance, my mother lowsided a tw200 and hurt her ankle listening to my cruiser riding father on how to take a corner on loose dirt. She was down for most of the riding season. Quite frankly, I would rather lose my primary arm, than the mobility in one of my feet. Feet are very complicated body parts and deserve the same protection as your head.
The Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #13
Wild Will
Daily Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by svs
Most of the Gear all the time.

or:

All the Gear all the time.

I have three pairs of Kevlar lined jeans and find when I compromise on full gear I ride with the Jeans. I also got a Draggin Kevlar Shirt as my compromise if I get the urge to ride without a Jacket. Tried the shirt out a cpl weeks ago when we were at 100 degrees and it was awesome. I even have elbow and shoulder armor for it.

What say you?
I can buy kevlar easlier than I can re grow skin.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:12 PM   #14
Ridedit
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
MOTGMOTT for me. I live in LA and the summers are HOT! I always wear armoured jacket, full face helmet, gloves and boots. I just picked up some kevlar lined jeans and Icon field armor knee/shin pads so we'll see how that goes. so far though regular jeans for me unless it's cold, I'm going far (hwy) or offroad then my armored pants go on.
Ridedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:13 PM   #15
Antifederalist
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridedit
I just picked up some kevlar lined jeans and Icon field armor knee/shin pads so we'll see how that goes.

I was thinking about picking up those field armor knee/shin guards, but was turned off a bit by the fact that they aren't CE rated. I figure if I'm going to take the time to put those on, I might as well just wear real armored pants with hip/thigh protection and CE armor.
Antifederalist is offline   Reply With Quote