ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2004, 04:40 PM   #1
creeper OP
Still alive...
 
creeper's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Puget Sound
Oddometer: 10,718
KTM 640 Adventure (and LC4) owners, sign in please...

Hi ya' kids!

Just wanted to get a count on 640 Adventure (and any LC4) owners out there. If you've got one, say hi and show us a shot of your bike and/or the trickiest thing you got goin' on. If your bike is heavily modified, give us a mod spec list.

And, last but not least, any commentary you would like to include. Keep it short if possible, no long boring "I was born a poor black child" stuff.
When this thread runs out of steam, we'll have a nice little semi-accurate list for reference.

If you don't have a photo at this time, you can always edit one in later.

Most of you have already seen my bike elsewhere, so I'll not subject you to more of the same shit.
Doesn't have to be a off road bike... a supermoto, a road racer, a chainsaw... if its LC4, it goes here!

Creeper

For them just looking for the first time... yes, this thread is 8 years old.
__________________
So... how's tricks?

creeper screwed with this post 01-28-2012 at 06:18 PM
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 04:56 PM   #2
mikektm
Adventurer
 
mikektm's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Casa Grande, Az. USA
Oddometer: 57
I've got an '03 640 Adventure that i picked up new in september. Only mods are the carb rejetting, modified stock exhaust, and MT-21 tires. Also some fresh scratches for character. Awsome bike, gets better every time I ride! Sorry no picture yet, but other than the tires it still looks stock (For now).
__________________
Devil made me do it...
But, God said it was OK by him...

"If you don't like it, you can bite my shiny metal ass!" Bender from FUTURAMA
mikektm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 07:04 PM   #3
cocoliso
Hijo de la Chingada
 
cocoliso's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Manchester UK, Living Guadalajara, Mexico
Oddometer: 150
"I was born a poor white child,.........

"In them days, we were glad to have the price of a cup of tea."

"Aye, a cup of cold tea"

"Without milk or sugar"

"Or tea"

"In a filthy cracked cup."

"We never used to have a cup. We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper."

"The best we could manage was a sock or a piece of damp cloth."

"But ye know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor ..."

"Because we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me 'Money doesn't buy you happiness'."

"He was right. I was happier then and I had nothing! We used to live in this tiny old house with great big holes in the roof."

"House, you lived in a house? We used to live in one room, all twenty-six of us, no furniture, half the floor was missing, and we're all huddled together in one corner for fear of falling."

"You were lucky to have a room! We used to have to live in the corridor!"

"Oooooh, we used to dream of living in a corridor. It would have been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish [heap]. We got woken up every morning to having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us. House? Uh!"

"Oh, when I said house I meant a hole in the ground covered by a piece of twig. It was a house to us."

"We were evicted from our hole in the ground. We had to go and live in the lake!"

"You were lucky to have a lake! There were a hundred and fifty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road."

"Cardboard box?"

"Aye"

"You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down the mill fourteen hours a day, week in, week out, and when we would go home, dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt."

"Look, [sherry?], we used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work for twenty hours at the mill every day for a tuppence a month, come home, and dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle ... if we were lucky!"

"Well, we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and lick the road clean with our tongues. We had one handful of freezing cold gravel, work at the mill for twenty-four hours a day for four bits every six years, and when would get home, our dad would slice into us with a bread knife."

"Right!"

"I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of dry poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down at the mill, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah!"

"You can't tell the young people of the day that. They won't believe you."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUT ANYWAY, I got the beans together to buy my bike. Here's my Adventure.
(0 mods, its bog-standard)
Attached Images
 
cocoliso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 07:21 PM   #4
creeper OP
Still alive...
 
creeper's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Puget Sound
Oddometer: 10,718
cocoliso my friend,
If I said to you "Cake or Death?" would you please be a dear and chose Death?

Nice "Photo with large doggie" though.

Cheers,
Creeper
__________________
So... how's tricks?
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 08:09 PM   #5
Drif10
Accredited Jackass
 
Drif10's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gates of Moscow
Oddometer: 45,413
That was just covered here.

You might just want to add to it.
__________________
I guess your get up and go needs a coffee. - Drif5
Drif10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 08:15 PM   #6
creeper OP
Still alive...
 
creeper's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Puget Sound
Oddometer: 10,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10
That was just covered here.
You might just want to add to it.
Oops... I forgot. Oh well, time to back off the pain killers... again.

But, the up side is the lovely short story by cocoliso. Worked his fingers to bloody nubbins he did.

Creeper
__________________
So... how's tricks?
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 11:40 PM   #7
gorgopodaros
Gnarly Adventurer
 
gorgopodaros's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: on the pegs
Oddometer: 286
I really fancy your alarm system...
gorgopodaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 06:08 AM   #8
QMan
prof. dirt mover
 
QMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Belgium (...)
Oddometer: 180
lol, my 640 has an alarm system (funny enough), I think it's the only alarm system that's been dragged through mud and still works
QMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 11:33 PM   #9
PASSMORE
Just the last name...
 
PASSMORE's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: The Texas Embassy in Sloughhouse, CA
Oddometer: 4,247
New guy as well as Adv owner signing in...

Hello all...

Just picked up an '01. A few mods, but nothing serious at this time (Carb, airbox mod, stock exhaust diddled with). Has just a hair over 4000 on the clock. I am really enjoying it thus far (had it for about 2 weeks). We just got back from the coast (I am in Sacramento) and towed it along to ride when we got there - I know, I know - trailer it?!?!?!? Well, the Suburban serves much better hauling the wife and I as well as the hounds and goodies/luggage. some really nice riding there north and south of Jenner on 1 and the back roads.

Looking forward to the board here and thanks for having me.

Michael

Pics to come - searching for help in posting and getting them down to size.
PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 09:03 AM   #10
Wings
marmaduked
 
Wings's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Oddometer: 14,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoliso
BUT ANYWAY, I got the beans together to buy my bike. Here's my Adventure.
(0 mods, its bog-standard)
Nice Rottie
__________________

Smugmug coupon code: CKZQ0vLPlmLFw
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 03:35 PM   #11
cocoliso
Hijo de la Chingada
 
cocoliso's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Manchester UK, Living Guadalajara, Mexico
Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings
Nice Rottie
She was a great dog, infact the best i've had .... but she was stolen from our house some months ago, allthough I adore my bike, I would have prefered they steal that, than take my dog.....
Attached Images
 
cocoliso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:46 PM   #12
Wings
marmaduked
 
Wings's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Oddometer: 14,066
Dayum, sorry to hear that.
__________________

Smugmug coupon code: CKZQ0vLPlmLFw
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:24 AM   #13
rockjohn
Studly Adventurer
 
rockjohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: VA
Oddometer: 567
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoliso
"I was born a poor white child,.........

"In them days, we were glad to have the price of a cup of tea."

"Aye, a cup of cold tea"

"Without milk or sugar"

"Or tea"

"In a filthy cracked cup."

"We never used to have a cup. We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper."

"The best we could manage was a sock or a piece of damp cloth."

"But ye know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor ..."

"Because we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me 'Money doesn't buy you happiness'."

"He was right. I was happier then and I had nothing! We used to live in this tiny old house with great big holes in the roof."

"House, you lived in a house? We used to live in one room, all twenty-six of us, no furniture, half the floor was missing, and we're all huddled together in one corner for fear of falling."

"You were lucky to have a room! We used to have to live in the corridor!"

"Oooooh, we used to dream of living in a corridor. It would have been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish [heap]. We got woken up every morning to having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us. House? Uh!"

"Oh, when I said house I meant a hole in the ground covered by a piece of twig. It was a house to us."

"We were evicted from our hole in the ground. We had to go and live in the lake!"

"You were lucky to have a lake! There were a hundred and fifty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road."

"Cardboard box?"

"Aye"

"You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down the mill fourteen hours a day, week in, week out, and when we would go home, dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt."

"Look, [sherry?], we used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work for twenty hours at the mill every day for a tuppence a month, come home, and dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle ... if we were lucky!"

"Well, we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and lick the road clean with our tongues. We had one handful of freezing cold gravel, work at the mill for twenty-four hours a day for four bits every six years, and when would get home, our dad would slice into us with a bread knife."

"Right!"

"I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of dry poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down at the mill, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah!"

"You can't tell the young people of the day that. They won't believe you."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUT ANYWAY, I got the beans together to buy my bike. Here's my Adventure.
(0 mods, its bog-standard)
Just found this, too funny.
__________________
Knuckle Dragging Silver Back

Free Your Mind...And Your Ass Will Follow
rockjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:13 PM   #14
Geekventure
Adventurer
 
Geekventure's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: San Francisco
Oddometer: 82
Pissed ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING ADVICE *Urgent Help Please!*



After a long 2 days up successful upgrades I totally f'd up my buddies bike ('99 Adventure R) and need some ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING ADVICE from somebody!

So we were installing a new speedometer...everything was complete except the wire in the kit that needed to connect to the tachometer (RPM's readout).



Experimenting with the existing tachometers wiring harness, I accidentally (SHORTED SOMETHING OUT) touched the 2 positive (+) leads
(not the brown one...the other two!) on the 3 lead wiring clip that attaches to the back of the original tachometer. (see arrows in pic below)

The bike was running because we wanted to see the tachometer readout working on the new speedo/computer we were installing.



The second those two wires shorted to each other we heard an electrical "click" sound and the bike shut off like somebody flipped the kill switch...
INSTANTANEOUSLY!

Now the bike wont start...we turn it over, but no electricity is getting to the spark plug wire!

Further volt meter testing...we got a reading from the starter relay that is behind the right side-panel and is connected close the positive (+) lead of the battery.

The next test we will do is to see if there is any voltage input on the backside of the coil itself (close to radiator)...we don't know if juice is going into it (or not), however, we do know there is nothing coming out since there is no power at the end of the spark plug wire!

Anyone have a clue what it was that I fried?

Geekventure screwed with this post 01-26-2010 at 03:40 PM
Geekventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:57 AM   #15
GreyDawggg
Adventure seeker
 
GreyDawggg's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Oddometer: 463
Slave cylinder

Does anyone know how to remove the slave cylinder from a 06 adventure? I don't have a manual and was wondering if there is anyone with a guide or link to go about getting it out and checking it?

Cheers!
GreyDawggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014