ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 01:26 PM   #1
Retro OP
Just the Facts Ma'am
 
Retro's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Virginia
Oddometer: 33,200
Virginia Tag O Rama

That's right folks, Tag O Rama has come to Virginia and it starts today.

You've got to play to win, just like Powerball but way better. You will not win millions of dollars, you life will not be ruined, your friends will not abandon you, and your SO won't plot how to make it "look like an accident" so he/she can take up with the pool boy or baby sitter.

I shamelessly ripped off this game, right down to the rules from the good folks in Ohio. Luckily the guys who invented it are better riders than business men. All we've got to pay them is a cold beer once in a while. What a bargain!

If you haven't done so already, please read up on the Farnsy's Ohio Tag O Rama thread. It's just over in the Central Forum, but why not do the easy thing and click the link.


Rule #1. If you're new, watch how the game is played for awhile before jumpin' in cause I ain't explainin' everything to ya'

Rule #2 One tag at a time and county roads are acceptable (no dirt) but the tag must be findable. Include clues in your tag. Don't make the clues useless, not everyone is a Jeopardy contestant wanna be. Some Virginia folks like Freak, Gramps, PhilSpace, Sherpa and others know just about every nook and corner of this state and do serious miles so don't expect a tag be open for long. No whining and no file photos.

There are plenty of folks here that will help you understand the rules.
*** These rules are subject to change***

See, only 2 rules

Are you ready to play?
__________________
I'm just lookin' for clues at the scene of the crime.

Quis custodiet ipros custodes?
Retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:26 PM   #2
Retro OP
Just the Facts Ma'am
 
Retro's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Virginia
Oddometer: 33,200
Here's the tag.

This is located on an aptly named street in a county that could be named after a place in England. That really narrows it down for Virginia, doesn't it?

OK, the county could also be named after a place in Germany.

By turning off of the main street, a route number that adds up to 9, you'll find the building on the right.

The building was formerly a church and a Civil War field hospital. Again, that really narrows it down for Virginia. It's lawn is used for concerts, civic events, and weddings.

The town where the tag is located is in the middle of everything, and is named in honor of the estate of a native son who went on to great fame in Kentucky. The guy was a badass, even engaging in a duel that resulted in a hit on him and the other guy.

__________________
I'm just lookin' for clues at the scene of the crime.

Quis custodiet ipros custodes?
Retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:32 PM   #3
Gimmeslack
furthur
 
Gimmeslack's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Oddometer: 2,462
"Paging Meltonbmm to the ADV courtesy desk"
__________________

"If you hold a cat by the tail, you learn things you cannot learn any other way."

Twain
Gimmeslack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:49 PM   #4
Michhub
Major Medical
 
Michhub's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Queen Creek AZ
Oddometer: 3,643
Hmmm...this looks like fun...I'm sure I'll be no good at it though....
__________________
Mike
Reinheitsgebot
'07 990ADV '08 530EXCR '04 XR650L
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:02 PM   #5
SteveOnTheWay
Gnarly Adventurer
 
SteveOnTheWay's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: NOVA
Oddometer: 121
Hamilton?
SteveOnTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:28 PM   #6
Retro OP
Just the Facts Ma'am
 
Retro's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Virginia
Oddometer: 33,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveOnTheWay
Hamilton?
Sorry, no. But that's not how this is played.

You go out and find it, take a picture of your bike in front of it, and then you get to post the next tag of something someplace in Virginia and give some clues.
__________________
I'm just lookin' for clues at the scene of the crime.

Quis custodiet ipros custodes?
Retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:29 PM   #7
Retro OP
Just the Facts Ma'am
 
Retro's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Virginia
Oddometer: 33,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub
Hmmm...this looks like fun...I'm sure I'll be no good at it though....
I think you can figure it out.

What county could be from both England and Germany?

After that it's easy.
__________________
I'm just lookin' for clues at the scene of the crime.

Quis custodiet ipros custodes?
Retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:50 AM   #8
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence
 
HarveyMushman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Virginia, USA
Oddometer: 16,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro
Here's the tag.

This is located on an aptly named street in a county that could be named after a place in England. That really narrows it down for Virginia, doesn't it?

OK, the county could also be named after a place in Germany.

By turning off of the main street, a route number that adds up to 9, you'll find the building on the right.

The building was formerly a church and a Civil War field hospital. Again, that really narrows it down for Virginia. It's lawn is used for concerts, civic events, and weddings.

The town where the tag is located is in the middle of everything, and is named in honor of the estate of a native son who went on to great fame in Kentucky. The guy was a badass, even engaging in a duel that resulted in a hit on him and the other guy.

I was just near there this weekend!
__________________
Tim

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:15 AM   #9
Retro OP
Just the Facts Ma'am
 
Retro's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Virginia
Oddometer: 33,200
It appears that someone will become the new game master by the weekend.



Oh, and if the person coming for the tag wants to, they are free to stop by casa de Retro for a better than average beer or iced tea. PM me for my cell number.
__________________
I'm just lookin' for clues at the scene of the crime.

Quis custodiet ipros custodes?
Retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:29 PM   #10
freaking RT
will golf for food
 
freaking RT's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2001
Location: just outside Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 30,355
today



It's the Hanover Arts and Activity Center on S Center street in Ashland, VA, Hanover County.
__________________
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous


WV VA Good Eats Map

freaking RT screwed with this post 07-08-2008 at 04:03 PM
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:46 PM   #11
freaking RT
will golf for food
 
freaking RT's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2001
Location: just outside Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 30,355
tag



it's off a VA road where the two digits add up to 3 in a county named after a British king
The name of the road it's on is tribe that delt with the Jamestown settlers. Pocahontas was one. There's a VA county of the same name. The road heads toward a reservation.
__________________
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous


WV VA Good Eats Map

freaking RT screwed with this post 07-08-2008 at 03:07 PM
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #12
mchester
Honda Cult Member
 
mchester's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Marysville Inmate
Oddometer: 1,447
Ohio Tagger...

You guys will love this game once you get into it. Multiple tags in a day, mid-night tags, getting "bruced".... It's all good... As your game master suggested, read the Farnsys Tag thread to get ideas on how it's played.
__________________
"I intend to live forever. So far, so good" Steven Wright

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice" Rush

2004 XR650L & 2003 ST1300
mchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:14 PM   #13
freaking RT
will golf for food
 
freaking RT's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2001
Location: just outside Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 30,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro
That's right folks, Tag O Rama has come to Virginia and it starts today.

You've got to play to win, just like Powerball but way better. You will not win millions of dollars, you life will not be ruined, your friends will not abandon you, and your SO won't plot how to make it "look like an accident" so he/she can take up with the pool boy or baby sitter.

I shamelessly ripped off this game, right down to the rules from the good folks in Ohio. Luckily the guys who invented it are better riders than business men. All we've got to pay them is a cold beer once in a while. What a bargain!

If you haven't done so already, please read up on the Farnsy's Ohio Tag O Rama thread. It's just over in the Central Forum, but why not do the easy thing and click the link.


Rule #1. If you're new, watch how the game is played for awhile before jumpin' in cause I ain't explainin' everything to ya'

Rule #2 One tag at a time and county roads are acceptable (no dirt) but the tag must be findable. Include clues in your tag. Don't make the clues useless, not everyone is a Jeopardy contestant wanna be. Some Virginia folks like Freak, Gramps, PhilSpace, Sherpa, Steverino and others know just about every nook and corner of this state and do serious miles so don't expect a tag be open for long. No whining and no file photos.

There are plenty of folks here that will help you understand the rules.
*** These rules are subject to change***

See, only 2 rules

Are you ready to play?
fixed, you missed Steve he knows some nooks and corners
__________________
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous


WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:44 PM   #14
Retro OP
Just the Facts Ma'am
 
Retro's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Virginia
Oddometer: 33,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by freaking RT
fixed, you missed Steve he knows some nooks and corners
Agreed, though I was not trying to "dis" Mr. Erino.

There's no way to list all the folks on this site who know the highways and biways of VA.
__________________
I'm just lookin' for clues at the scene of the crime.

Quis custodiet ipros custodes?
Retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:16 PM   #15
Quintssp
n00b
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Puerto Rico
Oddometer: 3
This game is driving me nuts. I grew up in Va. Warrenton, Orlean, and Winchester areas. I've never ridden out there though. Hopefully will be moving back in about a year so i hope that the game will still be on then. I know some great back routes all around there that i used to drive my 77 mgb around in the highschool days. Maybe i'll just fly back for vacation and rent a bike so that i can get in on this. Untill then i'll live vicariosly through y'all
Quintssp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014