ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
ottoman OP
Peaceful Joker

Oddometer: 189
Laugh Vermont Tag O Rama

Vermont Tag-O-Rama

Okay let's kick his thang off....mmkay

Rules are easy...
  1. Find the tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). Take the tag to a new location, get the photo and post it here. Give a few hints so the next person can figure out where the tag is located.Make the clues clear and easiiy understood.
    • Try to place the tags in interesting locations, maybe a bit of history that can be found down some nice twisties.
  2. Tag must be: a) findable & b) not placed on a dirt road.
    • Maintained gravel is OK, but make sure to let folks know that gravel is required to get to your tag. We don't want to exclude those who don't like to get dirty.
  3. The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose.
  4. One tag at a time. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.
Remember, you gotta be quick. Don't make the clues difficult, because it will come back and bite you in the arse. Also, bring your "A" game cause someone will have a tag and post another while you're thinking about eating breakfast.

Finally,

If you wanna play, you gotta ride.

Attached Images

ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:56 PM   #2
ottoman OP
Peaceful Joker

The clue

I didnt see a tag for Vermont, if there this one,, sorry for this post. But if not here is the clue.

The town for the film day bue of the family that lives at 742 Evergreen Terrace.

ottoman screwed with this post 09-17-2008 at 06:41 AM
Old 09-17-2008, 06:06 AM   #3
ottoman OP
Peaceful Joker

sorry

The town that showed the movie first, ya know red carpet famous people what ever thats called.
You will see this building near the movie theather.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:22 AM   #4
ottoman OP
Peaceful Joker

sorry

The address is always Evergreen Terrace, though the street number has been different a few times. 742 Evergreen Terrace has been used most often and most recently.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:36 AM   #5
A-Bone
Indubitably

Oddometer: 12,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman
The address is always Evergreen Terrace, though the street number has been different a few times. 742 Evergreen Terrace has been used most often and most recently.
Good clue... This Tag-o-Rama is getting started right!

A-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:43 PM   #6
ottoman OP
Peaceful Joker

Nice

Old 04-19-2009, 09:22 PM   #7
wired7234
wired

Oddometer: 3
Vermont tag-0-Rama

Hi there.. I just found your posts about this game.. if you ever decide to play near Burlington.. our group would LOVE to play!!

We also like group rides if any of you wander up this way.. drop an email for the schedule.. wired7234@gmail.com
wired7234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:02 AM   #8
markbvt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by wired7234
Hi there.. I just found your posts about this game.. if you ever decide to play near Burlington.. our group would LOVE to play!!
I already brought it north once. Your turn.

(And geode, I don't think the was even necessary... you were right on.)

--mark

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more

Bennington Triumph Bash, May 30-June 1, 2014
markbvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:54 AM   #9
seahorse100
SLUG

Oddometer: 412
Vermont Help

Help a brother out !
does anyone have info on the MOUNT TABOR ROAD near or in DANBY ??? I found it on Google Maps ,it's marked as a seasonal forestry road.....any info would be greatly appreciated...
riding from Keene NH to Ticonderoga NY Friday ,and this looks like a great distraction from the same ole routes
Old 04-23-2009, 11:12 AM   #10
Helmet Head
Have bike, will travel...

Oddometer: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahorse100
Help a brother out !
does anyone have info on the MOUNT TABOR ROAD near or in DANBY ??? I found it on Google Maps ,it's marked as a seasonal forestry road.....any info would be greatly appreciated...
riding from Keene NH to Ticonderoga NY Friday ,and this looks like a great distraction from the same ole routes
Yes, ridden, bicycled, walked, skied the road many times. My mom's family is from Landgrove, where one end of the road is. The road is indeed seasonal. It becomes a snow-mobile trail in the winter. I was up there two weeks ago and the regular plowed roads were still pretty muddy. The Mt. Tabor connector will be very muddy, since it isn't plowed in the winter and it's mostly covered with tree shade. Also, that part of the state is in the Green Mountains, so the snow comes earlier and leaves later. And, as I'm sure you've noticed, New England has gotten a lot of rain in the last few days.

You could probably get through on a trail bike with off-road knobbies now if you're a good mud rider. I wouldn't do it on a dual-sport with street-legal tires for another month or so.

However, if you want a little dirt diversion, you could still ride to Landgrove and take the Hapgood Pond road to Peru. It will be the left that goes over the little bridge near the church and the old school house (the first left before Little Michigan road, which would be the road you would take to get to the Danby road). It's open year-round.
"Today I accidentally stepped on a snail on the sidewalk in front of our house. And I thought, I too am like that snail. I build a defensive wall around myself, a "shell" if you will. But my shell isn't made out of a hard, protective substance. Mine is made out of tinfoil and paper bags."
Helmet Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:16 AM   #11
VT-GSD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
It is currently closed to motor vehicles. I tried to ride it on Sat. Gated at both ends. Looking at the 2009 VT forest service map it is designated for seasonal motor vehicle use. Not sure when they will be opening the gate.

I would guess mid may.

I will check again this weekend

Most of the over mountain stuff in the area is still snow covered, Kelly stand road from Stratton to Arlington had a lot of snow on it, I made it through on the KLR with DS tires but it was a long ride.

Alex

VT-GSD screwed with this post 04-23-2009 at 11:21 AM
VT-GSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:20 AM   #12
Helmet Head
Have bike, will travel...

Oddometer: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by VT-GSD
It is currently closed to motor vehicles. I tried to ride it on Sat. Gated at both ends. Looking at the 2009 VT forest service map it is designated for seasonal motor vehicle use. Not sure when they will be opening the gate.
Yeah, I forgot to mention that even though you might be able to get through on a trail bike now, the locals wouldn't like it if you tried. The road is usually closed between snow-mobile season and car/bike season (i.e., mud season, i.e., now) because they don't want the road to get too badly rutted up. The road is not regularly graded like the other town roads (100 percent of the roads in Landgrove are dirt).
"Today I accidentally stepped on a snail on the sidewalk in front of our house. And I thought, I too am like that snail. I build a defensive wall around myself, a "shell" if you will. But my shell isn't made out of a hard, protective substance. Mine is made out of tinfoil and paper bags."
Helmet Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:48 AM   #13
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by geode
you could always go for a ride, snag the tag, and take it north.

Stop being silly. This game is serious.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

~Augustine of Hippo
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:28 AM   #14
Vt-Stromer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 810
Are these tags getting harder?

Seem to be getting obscure.

Rules are easy...
  1. 2. Tag must be: a) findable
Vt-Stromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #15
kbroderick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vt-Stromer
Seem to be getting obscure.

Rules are easy...
  1. 2. Tag must be: a) findable
I was trying to be cryptic enough with the hint that it would require a bit of thought before going to Google; if folks feel that it's a bit too cryptic, I can clarify a bit (in hindsight "Om" may have been more oblique than intended, as it references several religions, not just the one relevant to the tag), but I also didn't want to be too obvious.

(I thought the previous tag was pretty simple, although having a copy of the Long Trail guidebook handy was rather helpful.)
kbroderick is offline   Reply With Quote