User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
dchakrab OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
F800 GS: anyone seeing these used yet?

I've never lusted after a recent year bike the way I've been looking at the F800 GS :) I've always been able to say "Oh, I like those Vstars" and then go look for something from '02 with low miles on it.

So, instead of waiting a decade, it looks like I'm going to have to consider coughing up some serious coin for one of these in the next couple of years.

Anyone seeing these used yet? Is it reasonable to expect them in the $7k-$9k range next winter (2009-2010) here in the US? I'm hoping to get feedback from folks who trawl Craigslist as obsessively as I do, but perhaps have a little more experience with used bike prices at the higher end of the scale.

Thanks!
Nonprofit Website Design | Development | Databases
dchakrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:57 PM   #2
thelouv
ocd

Oddometer: 105
Who knows, CNN spouting doom & gloom, oil so low drillers may continue to slow production, a new administration in the presidential office, lots of unknowns out there. The bikes maybe down to $2500 by then & BMW asking the German govt for a bailout. All very unlikely though. I got mine with 600 miles on it and about 1 month old. I did save a few hundred bucks but not thousands and based on my 20+ years of automotive resale experience, given the current demand and supply of these bikes, the only way you can hope to find one in that $ range would be if it has serious issues to rectify. Which hey, you may be a very capable person who likes such projects. I have a friend who only buys broken s__t. His garage always has some sort of project cluttering it up.
Triumph Rocket III (sold)
F800GS (got mine)
Next? Duc 1098 ADV? nope,
went back to a Jeep, and still lovin the GS
thelouv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:25 PM   #3
One Eye Mike
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
I have a "used" one in my garage. But you'll have to pry it from my cold dead fingers............
One Eye Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:47 AM   #4
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,068
Several have popped up in the flea market here on ADV. I doubt you'll see them go for less than $10k this year.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:52 AM   #5
knutte-bor-i-amerika
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
But isnt that what they cost new, base?
knutte-bor-i-amerika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:52 AM   #6
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,890
There's one on ebay UK for 4000. It's an ex-BMW off-road school bike to probably had a bit of a work out.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote