User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
imgonnasnap OP
Motard wrecker

Oddometer: 808
Bradshaw Bomb Run III Feb 7-8, 2009

Another great year for the bomb run! I had such a great time this year with everyone. I wish we had a longer weekend to ride, I felt like I only got to ride with a few of the 40+ peeps that showed up this weekend. I can't wait to ride with everyone again.

Here are the ride reports from several of the guys who have posted theirs already, and for the others to post their reports:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceless950
It didn't rain

Quote:
the whole time

Quote:
Sure hope there's some puddles again this year.............................

Just most of the time and yes there were

Quote:
some puddles
The Bradshaw River

When I saw the wx Saturday morning. I decided that wrenching could wait another week. It was Time to Ride!

I was very late so I ended up "riding sweep" way behind everybody. After a while I started comming across riders and hearing the stories of their experiences.
The first group was Eatpasta, Bourkeo and company. Bourkeo was two-up on a GS! They were headed back due to a water crossing. When I got there I found Zenslug, Mapmaker, Kelly Shoemaker and Ramjet. RJ's bike had drowned but they had revived it.

Zen and RJ crossed with me but not without drama.

Zen - OTG (on the gas)

Ramjet - ITW (in the water)

More Later. Gotta go do the FFL even though it's Sunday?
ride the $*#(@) thing, and you'll quickly learn that the stain marks in your brooks were firstly from fear and then from ecstacy.
Scuderia: LB to SF
Bradshaw Bombrun 2007, 2008, 2009
Stupidly long road trip of 2009

imgonnasnap screwed with this post 02-09-2009 at 06:40 PM
imgonnasnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:11 PM   #2
imgonnasnap OP
Motard wrecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickf
I want to thank all of you guys that helped me out. It's a bit humbling but I have so much appreciation for all of you guys.
More later, a little sore now. I'm sure there are plenty of pictures.
A few broken ribs and they sewed up my face plus a bunch of bumps and bruises.
It will probably be a day or day and a half before I'm riding again.
Jake said my bike was in fifth when he picked it up, guess I downshifted one.
Did anyone save me some barbecue?
Thanks to all and if ever I can have your back, consider it done.
ride the $*#(@) thing, and you'll quickly learn that the stain marks in your brooks were firstly from fear and then from ecstacy.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
imgonnasnap OP
Motard wrecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR
first time out in that area and first Bradshaw BombRun.

left my house in L.A. at 5:30 to meet Ben at his Pomona mansion by 6- 6:30.
make it out to the ranch at 9 something after almost getting lost.
Riceless was wandering around looking for the meet up.

we gather a group of hardcore riders and are about to leave, but seems that Riceless's mighty 950 doesn't want to cooperate.
....dead battery. he left the lights on while bullshitting.

then we're off.
this ride report is gonna kinda suck , cuz i had NO idea where we were and only noticed a few trail names.

so i think we were in Red Rock something....

after riding fast on some single(ish) track, and through sand...
time for gas

poor kid lost their lolipop

looking for more trails...

playing around on these round rocks that are a mix between Utah and Cougar Buttes(Johnson Valley)...

this arch is AMAZING

turn yr computer on its side

back it up

some fun technical stuff is up ahead

jeeps high centering marks

wet sand was like quicksand

i didn't "technically" drop it, the bike never touched the ground

last spot we were all together. Riceless went exploring with 2 guys, the other 4 of us stayed back and bullshitted a bit, then went back to the ranch

the sun was setting and the clouds were getting darker/greyer so we headed back. this went faster than i expected.

i have to say thanks to all the guys that rode today!

and a big thanks to all whom hosted.
thanks to imgonnasnap for leading the ride today.
i am new to this group, so i apologize that i have forgot and/or don't know everyone's screen names.

grapes and oranges were the best!
perfect way to finish the day !

Old 02-09-2009, 06:15 PM   #4
imgonnasnap OP
Motard wrecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgway
Good meeting you Scott. You missed a good ride yesterday...next time.

Where do ride reports get posted?

BTW, out of all the years that was my favorite Bomb Run Ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta
yea, it was nice to meet you Chris and ride with you on sunday. That sunday loop was a kick in the pants!! you gotta take me on that one again with all the stops pulled....

Ive almost got all my pictures and video sorted.

We need to start a proper ride report though.......

....and I HAVE to post this video first as a teaser.

here ya go Chris.... in all yer glory.

&ampnbsp
&ampnbsp

and you cant really tell on this but there IS A TURN AT THE END OF THE TRESTLE.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:17 PM   #5
imgonnasnap OP
Motard wrecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9SAR499

Should we try

I dont know

Getting wetter
Old 02-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #6
imgonnasnap OP
Motard wrecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkenduro
578 miles, 3 days, one fat loop around the salton sea , more cargo drama (im so lucky i didnt go down doing 60 ), rain, wind, more rain and wind , going threw the customs inspection with no plate and didnt get stop, oh yes, i did the bradshaw.

day 1: work closing shift at work (6:30-2:45), check. leave murrieta at 3:45 going by the 215 to 60 to 10 to 111 in the rain and making it to the ride by 7ish, check. this is how you know your home.

everyone running around trying to leave.

it was a quick run threw some thick sand to the road. sence i was in the very back, the rutted deap wet sand was a bitch to riding in and almost though i lost the group. after a few miles of hauling ass dirt road i see some one on the side of the road flaging me to slow down, huge mud hole and a wr450 bouncing off the rev limiter. problem, stuck throttle, stuck wide the fuck open and the bike didnt want to turn off. when i was pulling up he was picking the bike up after droping in hopes the bike would die. after he gets the bike up, some one took the wrong line and almost took him out.

after we decide to leave the dad behind and let the son take the ktm (damn, i wish my dad had a ktm i could barrow). we are soon again getting flaged to slow down. this time (cant remeber, think it was joel?) had decided to trying tree climbing with a motor cycle. i can up and their working on the bike, hes hurt, and it looks like a truck went half way up the tree. once that situation was handled it was off to the bradshaw river.

you would think the whole time, this is going to end just around that corner, and it kept going, probally for a good mile or more. this stream droped you into the river. by this time im soaked and knowing theres a gas station on the other side, i decided to cross the river. after flying down a pole line road feeling like malcom smith, it was time for gas and grub.

ducks in a line?

on the ride back, the river had all but left, and the mile long stream on the trail now only went couple hundred feet. little photo op for a rock throwing 2 stroke.

i need to move out here.

the camp and bike, notice it still has the plate.

some after i had everything readly and got set by the fire (still soaked) the dinner bell was going off. the host were great all weekend, the food was great, people where all so nice. later, a jeep trip was hatched and i decided to tag a long, and it sure was fun to watch. dude made it worth while.

afterwards, i kicked it by the fire again for a while but soon decided it was time to hit the hay. the next day i looked around for a good half day ride, trying to make it to ocotillo by dark. i soon herd the words dunes and oasis so i was in. we also fooled around in a whole lot of mud.

soon we found a dune to play around on, no pics cus i was having to much fun hauling ass around it and found a little jump too. from there we went to some fun little mud hills. dude got some air off some of these.

from the top of the ridge lookinh over the salton.

over on the other side of this was the caves. this was the only picture that really came out cus the camra had condensation in it.

then is was off to the oasis, with a little stop for more fun in the mud (1st gear, wtfo, bouncing off the 11500 rev limiter anyone?).

marching like ants.

once we got back, i decided it was time to get to ocotillo, in the hopes of a ride before it got dark.

soon we would find that would not be the case. a strap that was holding the duffel back some how worked its way into my chain and wraped around the wheel. some time while it was bussy doing that it gave a uppercut to the plate and right blink. hey mom, no plate!

i ditched the duffel, straped the sleeping bag to the back pack and headed off. once i though the day was almost over and i could camp at ocotillo wells, i forgot this is close to mexico and there is a customs check, and i have no plate. 5 cops out side, did nothing. i now race over to the desert iron woods for sodas and camp over across from blow sand.

the morning.

this morning conditions where great. few sprinkles here and there, little wind, great temps. decided to ride to salton city for gas via shell reef expressway to cross over trail. stop to ride some spots on the way.
devils slide

its hard not to see why so many videos are filmed here, hell i did a double just crusing threw the place.

i was blasting washes for a good little while

oncei found a gas station, to my suprise it said pump 13 & 14 have vp 110. i had to get a picture. 7.47 a gallon. didnt run it in fear it might plug up the cat. coverter my bike is plauged with.

then is was off to s22 and hit pole line road to tule wash which leads to the pumpkin patch.

that was kinda boring so i went down pumpkin patch trail, which was a ton of fun. and then blasted washes back to where i had camped to grab my gear and take off. before i would throw the gear on i thought i might try blow sand again. my bike always bogs down and digs in and i had never made it up in about 5 trys. i squeased out the last drop of luck and ran at it 3 gear pinned. bike starts bogging half way up, shit, 2nd and the bike digs in a little and keeps chuging. bike starts to bog again tord the top, damn it, its and the bike diggs in more, but i have reached the point it rounds off so the bike keeps going instead of digging a hole. im finally up it

i pack my shit and leave, thinking it was a great end to a crazy weekend, but it wasnt all over. as soon as i jumped off the 78, the rain came out and the temps dropped. going threw some of the higher passes i could have swarn i seen snow in the air, it just wasnt sticking. by the time i made the 90 mile trip home, i was frozen. that sucked almost worse than coming back from noob valley. but it was so worth it.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:22 PM   #7
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,917
NICE
cool consolidation of the reports!

RAZR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:11 PM   #8
K9SAR499
I can make that!

Oddometer: 104
Thumb Bradshaw ride report movie clip.

01 KTM 640
Surly Krampus
K9SAR499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:58 AM   #9
Zen Slug
Spineless Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,947
Eh? Bradshaw Rapids!?

Here's a smugmug/shizam slideshow of the pics eatpasta and riceless950 took of me crossing the "dry sandwash"

Zen Slug's Rides

Join the ADV TooL PooL!
Zen Slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #10
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Slug
Here's a smugmug/shizam slideshow of the pics eatpasta and riceless950 took of me crossing the "dry sandwash"

are we ever going to ride together, dood??

Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is online now   Reply With Quote