User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2005, 03:35 PM   #1
darmahman OP
"Illogically Deluded"

Oddometer: 2,916
Let's see your 1200GS/A

Last week I picked up a new non-ABS 1200GS from our local dealer. I sold both my 04 1150 GS and my 05 650 Dakar for this bike. It was worth it.

Tho I really enjoyed both of my previous mounts, after doing a long test ride of the1200GS I knew it was the bike for me. Much lighter feeling than the 1150- and about the same "feeling"as the 650.

I had put about every mod on my 1150 for performance and handling it still didn't measure up to my stock 1200GS.

So anyway, I thought we could have a thread for pics of our 1200 GS's . I would like to see what everyone has done to theirs now that they have been out 1+ years and no - Nachtflug will not be involved - at least till he succumbs and buys one.

So let the displays begin and I will start with my almost 100% bone stock one - non ABS model.

darmahman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 04:21 PM   #2
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,685
Update:

A splash of Touratech farkles and upper fairing, a dash of Micatech aluminum panniers, a sprinkle of: Russell Day Long Saddle for long distance touring, GS Adventure fuel tank, GS ADV shocks and seats ... and it's now perfectly dialed in..

GB screwed with this post 01-04-2009 at 09:41 AM
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 04:39 PM   #3
Oilhed
MarkF

Oddometer: 3,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
I have one without ABS also, but in Canada it comes stock with bag mounts, handguards, and heated grips. I'm surprised they strip those for the US model. Did you have to pay extra for the heated grips on yours? I saw a US dealer charging $200 for the heated grips on a non abs model.
That's because consumers in the USA are idiots. For years BMW in Canada and Aussy have been giving options not seen here at lower prices. I bought my R1100R non-ABS in 2000 and had to pay for heated grips and luggage mounts after the fact. USA BMW buyers will buy whatever they sell at whatever price they ask! Well not me anymore! They did not offer the BMW R1150GS Sport in 2004 with dual spark so I didn't buy one. I might get the non-ABS R1200GS in a few years, if they still offer it. The OEM bags are growing on me.

new bike - BMW R1150GS
old bikes - Ducati ST3 (RIP), BMW R1100R, R75 & R65, Suzuki Bandit 600, Guzzi V65SP, Kawi KLR600, etc.
Oilhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 05:13 PM   #4
elchulopadre
Hairodynamic

Oddometer: 2,997
At the CroMag Campout:

elchulopadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 11:00 AM   #5
Devil Dog
Q-Tip With Ears

Oddometer: 9,186
Now with new clear taillight lens.

DevilDog > various photo

Fuck Jesse V
In his ass
With a chainsaw
Devil Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 11:12 AM   #6
charleshmosesii
No skills no worries

Oddometer: 835
Funny, most of us have pics of when our bikes were new, before we spent thousands to trick them out, I'm no exception (BMW crash bars, BMW head guards, and Touratech HID light is all there was at that point):

No, I'm not giving the salute, actually its a peace sign, so...peace out...

(This is from here, the only real bike photo set I have so far... http://charleshmosesii.smugmug.com/g...437/1/24483240)
charleshmosesii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 06:10 PM   #7
Stand Up
Ride non-painted roads

Oddometer: 360
0 to 13,000km

13,000 km
Stand Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:50 PM   #8
DirtMerchant
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,462

I submitted this picture in the Flugs GS's that suck thread over one month ago, right before Jim Rowley posted the chick in the G-string and I have yet to be judged. (For those of you who have not seen the little Lolita just go to page 96 of that thread) I am sure posting the same picture here will adversely effect the outcome and cause my bike to suck but there are nicer bikes that have been deemed suckola for lesser reasons.

So here she is, we had just ridden the Loop Road through the northern edge of Everglades NP with my buddy on his R12GS. The picture was taken in front of the old Monroe Station on the south side of the Tamiami Trail between Naples and Miami, I am sure most of you have seen it at least once in your lives unless you were looking on the north side of the road for alligators.

As you can see with your own eyes, the bike has the Vario side bags, Best Rest Skid Plate, Best Rest Splash Guard, BMW Head Guards, BMW Engine Guard, Touratech Hard Steering Parts, Touratech Cockpit Cover with Power outlet, Touratech Headlight Guard and lastly, a BRAKE! LED Taillight. Oh, and the green wire lizard on the mirror to remind me of my 3 year old son (causes me think before doing really stupid stuff..) I have since removed the license plate bracket and lugage rack deally. I am planning on doing a GPS, some PIAA lights on a Terranova bar and maybe even pinstripes on the beak.......

DirtMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:55 PM   #9
chriskenzie
MOTO-MOM

Oddometer: 293
Quote:

SCH-WEEEEE-T!!!!!
That's one of the nicest 1200's I have ever seen!
Old 02-04-2007, 02:09 AM   #10
Huber Tuber
Beer is good

Oddometer: 166
Dam!That is bad ass!

Quote:
Update:

A splash of Touratech farkles and upper fairing, a dash of Micatech aluminum panniers, a sprinkle of: Russell Day Long Saddle, GS Adventure fuel tank, and it's now perfectly dialed in..

Updated with HB Tank guards:

748s
749s
R1200GS
R1150GS
Aprilia Tuono
KTM 950 Adventure
MV 750 Brutale

Huber Tuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 05:54 PM   #11
jpalamar
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,080
Laugh

Looking great Rick. I think the yellow is the best color! A buddy of mine had an '05 yellow and it just catches my eye like no other color.

I didn't realize you also had the BestRest pillion plate and back rest. I have one also but haven't been on a long, long ride with it yet. Maybe tomorrow?

Sent an e-mail to Micatech to see if they would just sell me the mounts for the 1150. I just want to see how it looks with the nice, simple mounts, then will likely go with the panniers. I'm not that impressed with the H & B's, will likely sell them on the flea market or find some deserving (like the college kid going to Argentina post) person and give them away.

Thanks for the pix...hey, can I change my username to GADGETBOYii????

Best Regards,
John

PS:I probably would not have noticed the height difference with the Adventure seats. Wouldn't worry about it, but I suspect you are a perfectionist. Anyhow, bike looks just like an Adventure...duhhh, it is!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 08:28 PM   #12
ducwad
Livin' the dash

Oddometer: 339
Here's my new beast on it's first off pavement adv. Forgot my camera so LostInTheDirt was kind enough to post one of my bike.
Attached Images

1992 Ducati 900 Superlight
ducwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:45 PM   #13
falcoron
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Update:

A splash of Touratech farkles and upper fairing, a dash of Micatech aluminum panniers, a sprinkle of: Russell Day Long Saddle for long distance touring, GS Adventure fuel tank, GS ADV shocks and seats ... and it's now perfectly dialed in..

FUCK ME GADGET, SOMEONE'S LEFT THE OFFICE CHAIR ON YER BIKE!

NICE, (APART FROM THE OFFICE SWIVEL CHAIR )
WHAT LIGHTS ARE THOSE? LOOK NICE.
falcoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:05 PM   #14
DirtRideRoader
Armed and Dangerous

Oddometer: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcoron
NICE, (APART FROM THE OFFICE SWIVEL CHAIR )
WHAT LIGHTS ARE THOSE? LOOK NICE.
I like the way you mounted the Xenarch's. That would be the rectangular HID light mounted up high. I mounted mine together with my PIAA 910's on a single set of Micatech light mounts. Not real pleased with the look. But they work so far.

IBA #23263
DirtRideRoader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:26 AM   #15
Groovy
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Me Bike

I live in South Africa where wild animals roam in the middle of the streets...only kidding. Here we have plenty of dirt roads, so of course I had to settle for a 1200GS. Great bike, but might be forced to change it for the 800GS.... Tried to send attachment , but for some reason I cannot upload a file from my computer?
Groovy is offline   Reply With Quote