ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2009, 06:22 PM   #1
KawDlr OP
Kawasaki GURU

Oddometer: 690
South Alabama Tag-O-Rama (including NW Florida)

Welcome to South-Alabama Tag-O-Rama Game!
Including NW Florida Panhandle AKA LA to most who live there!

We started the South version as a request of many who live and ride in this section of the state not able to reach the far Northern tags prior to being snapped up. It is not meant to take away from the first Alabama Tag-O-Rama game, nor is it a reason not to participate in both if you wish. But if you play in our area, we ask that you post your tags here, if it is within the Green Shaded areas of the map provided. If you go North of the Green areas, post here Alabama Tag-O-Rama.

The game is simple, and you may have been reading along with other games as they've played out.

Take a look at the latest entry, if you can follow the clues, recognize the photo, and have a passion for riding, then this game is for you. Just a few simple rules and then your off.

#1 - Find the tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose.

#2 - Ride to a new location, get the photo and post it here(tag). Give a few hints so the next person can figure out where the tag is located. Try to place the tags in interesting locations, maybe a bit of history that can be found, geological oddities, or interesting architecture.

#3 - Tag must be (A) findable and (B) not placed on private land, (C) list condition of the road based on scale provided. Maintained gravel / dirt roads are OK, but make sure to let folks know that gravel is required to get to your tag and rate the road based on the scale. We're adv riders, but consider all may not be DS capable.

Roads are rated by this scale:

0= nice paved road
1= rough older paved road
2= maintained gravel road
3= maintained dirt road
4= unmaintained dirt or gravel road
5= double track jeep trail

#4 -File photos are NOT permitted. (File Photos defined as a photo from the past stored on your computer) Whether you are tagging or grabbing,you gotta ride to play this game.

#5- All tags must be within the Green Shaded Area. Refer to the map if you unsure as to the where the boundaries are.

#6- The 36 Hour Rule. The Poopy Peanut Rule. This rule is designed to keep the game moving. If someone makes a Grab, they have a 36 hour window to post the next Tag. If the Grabber does not post a new Tag within this 36 hour period then the last Tag is back in play for a Grab (Steal).

A)If no one makes a grab after the clock has expired, a New Tag should be placed ASAP by the Exclusive Grabber then it's Game On!

B)If someone makes the grab after the clock has expired and before a New Tag is placed it is considered a Steal, the Next Tag belongs to that person.

Found Tags on SATOR (No longer updated due to time restrictions)

KawDlr screwed with this post 03-31-2010 at 07:41 PM
KawDlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,125
[QUOTE=LDHunter]
Anyway.... Anyone good with google, google earth,
[QUOTE]
Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Just thought I was pretty good with Google, cause I was having better luck with the north Alabama tags,,,,,,,,,,,,not too good I guess. If I go that far, sure have to be certain that I know where it is
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:19 AM   #3
KawDlr OP
Kawasaki GURU

Chatter on the wires

Chatter abounds. I feel like this will get snapped up this weekend.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:26 PM   #4
JetWrench
jetwrench

Oddometer: 281
Laugh Latest Tag

If someone does'nt get this tag soon, I'll get it when I get back from Daytona.
JetWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #5
LDHunter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,355
It's almost been a week... I'm really surprized that nobody has grabbed this easy one yet.

Does anyone need more clues or has bike week messed us up?

I'm wanting to grab the next one and bring it down to the Florida counties where the riders are more active and will get it faster. You Alabama riders are too lazy...

$bob$

2006 BMW R1200GS
2009 BMW G650GS (GSjr)
2006 Kawi KLX250S
1951 Body by Gold's Gym

I was an Adventure Rider when Adventure Riding wasn't cool...
LDHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:03 PM   #6
KawDlr OP
Kawasaki GURU

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWrench
If someone does'nt get this tag soon, I'll get it when I get back from Daytona.

Welcome to the tag JetWrench! I was planning on grabbing this one on Monday, but it appears that work has jumped up and got in the way again.

I have created flyers, and post cards to be strewn around town to peak interest. It will pick up when everyone decides the weather suits them. We don't have hard core riders involved yet, but they will come once they know.

Here is a copy of the post card that will start poping up around town.....

KawDlr screwed with this post 03-01-2009 at 04:11 PM
Old 03-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #7
LDHunter
Beastly Adventurer

Thumb

Great job on the Flyer Jody!!!

You're gonna drum up some serious competition if you ain't careful! I'd better make sure my bikes are gassed up and ready to go at a moment's notice!

This is gettin' downright interesting!

$bob$

2006 BMW R1200GS
2009 BMW G650GS (GSjr)
2006 Kawi KLX250S
1951 Body by Gold's Gym

Old 06-10-2009, 11:51 AM   #8
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 2,917
Naval Live Oaks

TAG

my facial expression reguarding the giant portofino towers on what used to be a saltwater marsh. (and to prove I wuz there!)

All in all its been a productive day. I went to FWB an rode some awesome EG action with Vico, came home and was alerted that I ought to pick up an easy tag, so I went an got that too!

Now to decide on which of the many odd places I know of to make the next tag.

I gotta say this is pretty weird, last night I had a dream about a pensacola tag game, and lo-and behold here we go. I never kept up with this thread cause it seemed to always be out in AL somewhere I had no idea bout.

Hatch screwed with this post 06-10-2009 at 11:57 AM
Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #9
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,125
Way to go Jerry!

Dude you rock! I know you got lots of neat places to choose from to place the next tag. Maybe I'll be able to snag it
Old 06-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #10
sallad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 742
Nice jerry. I've been watching the thread, waiting for a tag close enough so I could bring it over here for a bit. better find some place good
sallad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #11
timetrax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 330
WTG, Phaedrus

It sure looked like a pretty place, now to see what your new tag will look like.
timetrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #12
LDHunter
Beastly Adventurer

Right on Jerry!!!

I hope you make your new tag something insteresting and of historical significance.

Did you read the first page of this thread? It has all the rules etc.

You have 36 hours from when you posted the tag to post a new one but if you wait that long there will be a bunch of impatient people trying to hurry you up... Not me of course...

$bob$

2006 BMW R1200GS
2009 BMW G650GS (GSjr)
2006 Kawi KLX250S
1951 Body by Gold's Gym

Old 04-04-2010, 07:55 AM   #13
DiLo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67

Here is the tag. OLDNX stole my thunder though. But I'll have everyone know that I had it figured it out before he gave his "hints." It is on Harper Joy rd south of Dothan. The road run east to west and the original pictures were taken in the morning. And since we are very near the spring equinox the sun was rising pretty much due east.
DiLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:26 AM   #14
OLDNX
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
[quote=DiLo]

Here is the tag. OLDNX stole my thunder though. But I'll have everyone know that I had it figured it out before he gave his "hints." It is on Harper Joy rd south of Dothan. The road run east to west and the original pictures were taken in the morning. And since we are very near the spring equinox the sun was rising pretty much due east.[/quote

YEA another New guy, well done, me thinks we gots a game again
Wasnt thunder stealing, just hepin a fellow old phart, we needs all the hep we can get our brains seem to lock up a odd times and we forget simple stuff, like witch is left vs right, up vs down, day vs night

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck
OLDNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:26 PM   #15
John65
D Ol Man

Oddometer: 1,385
YEA;;;; what OLDNX said,,,,,

But yall just wait,,, someday I'm gonna get caught up on the HoneyDo's and I'm gonna show them young whippersnappers what taggin's all about,,,, someday, that is

BTW; Good Job DiLo
TET Florida Section
TET Georgia Section
John65 is offline   Reply With Quote