ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 04:31 AM   #1
jonesy54 OP
the road less traveled
 
jonesy54's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Monkeytown, TN
Oddometer: 94
East Tennessee Tag-O-Rama!

I have been a tag specator for too long now. East TN now has its own TAG-O-RAMA. I will also post (shamelessly plaigerize) the rules as Ridge Runner used in the NC tag, since they seem to work so well and are less subject to rules lawyering.

Alright here we go. Lets get this thing started and hopefully we start off alot smoother than some of the others. The game is simple, the rules are easy, the goal is to get people out riding. With the goal in mind, please dont make the clues so hard that we have to surf longer on the net than we have to ride to get the tag. So here are the rules .

#1 FILE PHOTOS CAN ONLY BE USED TO PLACE A TAG NOT TO GET THE TAG.
#2 THE PHOTOS OF THE TAG SHALL BE AS CLOSE AS THE PREVIOUS TAG PHOTOS AS POSSIBLE. That means that the tagger needs to make sure that his photo can be shot by anyone on any bike. The taggers bike needs to be in the photo. So I think that if a road is goverment maintained and legal to ride than it is fair game. Gravel or not. Also tell us where the tag was.
#3 NO WHINING ABOUT IT BEING TOO FAR. If you think it is too far go get it and bring it back to your part of the state. Trust me someone will.
#4 TAG MUST BE FINDABLE. If a tag is standing too long you will be asked to post a clue or a new tag. New tag must be posted no later than 24 hrs of the posting of your tag. You will forfeit your tag to the previous tagger. Lets keep the game moving.
#5 HE WHO POSTS FIRST WINS. It dont matter if you got to it first, He who post first wins the tag. Laptops with cell modems and smart phones really help here.
OK I believe that that is it. So lets have fun and ride safe. All rules are subject to change if the larger part of the inmates think that it should change. Lets go play TAG!!

East Tennessee Tag-O-Rama Map!
__________________
100% GPS free, still getting lost the old-fashined way.

one 1989 Transalp
& an armada of old Jet Skis

jonesy54 screwed with this post 05-12-2009 at 11:53 AM Reason: I got us a Google Map!
jonesy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:35 AM   #2
jonesy54 OP
the road less traveled
 
jonesy54's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Monkeytown, TN
Oddometer: 94
The first Tag:


This FERRY was one of the last operating ferrys in the state of TN before being replaced by the bridge in the background.
__________________
100% GPS free, still getting lost the old-fashined way.

one 1989 Transalp
& an armada of old Jet Skis

jonesy54 screwed with this post 03-23-2009 at 09:55 AM
jonesy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:08 AM   #3
TurnerR
Getcha Pull
 
TurnerR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Cleveland, TN
Oddometer: 280
GOD!!!! I just got off an awful midnight shift. I know exactly where that is and want to get it now....

I will get it and another when I wake up. Sweet thread man!
__________________
Harley Rigid Chopper
Several dirtbikes
TurnerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:04 AM   #4
jonesy54 OP
the road less traveled
 
jonesy54's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Monkeytown, TN
Oddometer: 94
great
post em up when you get em!
__________________
100% GPS free, still getting lost the old-fashined way.

one 1989 Transalp
& an armada of old Jet Skis
jonesy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:03 AM   #5
TurnerR
Getcha Pull
 
TurnerR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Cleveland, TN
Oddometer: 280
Finally had some time to grab that tag. Great ride



The next one is a little more east. A great road, actually my favorite road in Tennessee, that will connect two highways. Might as well do another bridge. Watch out for the spider "WEBBS".

__________________
Harley Rigid Chopper
Several dirtbikes
TurnerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:16 AM   #6
JoeWannaB
Usually a nice guy
 
JoeWannaB's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Sylva, NC
Oddometer: 1,870
Tag-O-Rama Barbeque

Sorry for the temporary Hijack.

You are all invited to a ride and barbeque at my cabins in the Nantahala Gorge near Bryson City, NC on May 2nd. Details are here. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445667
hope to see you there. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
__________________
JoltFilmz
JoeWannaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:54 AM   #7
jonesy54 OP
the road less traveled
 
jonesy54's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Monkeytown, TN
Oddometer: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerR
The next one is a little more east. A great road, actually my favorite road in Tennessee, that will connect two highways. Might as well do another bridge. Watch out for the spider "WEBBS".
This is tennessee, we have bodies of water going everywhichway, its hard not to do a bridge or river or lake or pond or something, there are so many to choose from.





For you lurkers out there:
Tag #1 was Blythe Ferry in Rhea Co.
__________________
100% GPS free, still getting lost the old-fashined way.

one 1989 Transalp
& an armada of old Jet Skis
jonesy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:04 PM   #8
maynard58
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: East TN
Oddometer: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy54
The first Tag:


This FERRY was one of the last operating ferrys in the state of TN before being replaced by the bridge in the background.
I rode that ferry everyday for 3 years. wonder what happend to the big guy that drove that ferry. he was so funny, he ate alot of chicken , cant remember his name.
maynard58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:02 PM   #9
machinebuilder
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: East Tennessee
Oddometer: 923
Tagged



I risked my life for this picture, man was it busy today
__________________
the best thing to buy for your bike is gas.....Neduro
Remote is not found on the coffee table
machinebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:06 PM   #10
machinebuilder
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: East Tennessee
Oddometer: 923
The New Tag

Not too far from the last one but an interesting dualsport ride

Tag photo




Where it is photo

__________________
the best thing to buy for your bike is gas.....Neduro
Remote is not found on the coffee table
machinebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:52 PM   #11
TurnerR
Getcha Pull
 
TurnerR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Cleveland, TN
Oddometer: 280
I am so gonna get this in the next day or so. I'm on midnights, so if anyone gets it before me then have at it, but I got a nice idea for a new tag
__________________
Harley Rigid Chopper
Several dirtbikes
TurnerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:37 AM   #12
TurnerR
Getcha Pull
 
TurnerR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Cleveland, TN
Oddometer: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinebuilder
Not too far from the last one but an interesting dualsport ride

Where it is photo

On my way now!
__________________
Harley Rigid Chopper
Several dirtbikes
TurnerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:46 PM   #13
machinebuilder
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: East Tennessee
Oddometer: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy54
Alright here we go. Lets get this thing started and hopefully we start off alot smoother than some of the others. The game is simple, the rules are easy, the goal is to get people out riding. With the goal in mind, please dont make the clues so hard that we have to surf longer on the net than we have to ride to get the tag. So here are the rules .



#1 FILE PHOTOS CAN ONLY BE USED TO PLACE A TAG NOT TO GET THE TAG.
#2 THE PHOTOS OF THE TAG SHALL BE AS CLOSE AS THE PREVIOUS TAG PHOTOS AS POSSIBLE. That means that the tagger needs to make sure that his photo can be shot by anyone on any bike. The taggers bike needs to be in the photo. So I think that if a road is goverment maintained and legal to ride than it is fair game. Gravel or not. Also tell us where the tag was.
#3 NO WHINING ABOUT IT BEING TOO FAR. If you think it is too far go get it and bring it back to your part of the state. Trust me someone will.
#4 TAG MUST BE FINDABLE. If a tag is standing too long you will be asked to post a clue or a new tag. New tag must be posted no later than 24 hrs of the posting of your tag. You will forfeit your tag to the previous tagger. Lets keep the game moving.
#5 HE WHO POSTS FIRST WINS. It dont matter if you got to it first, He who post first wins the tag. Laptops with cell modems and smart phones really help here.
OK I believe that that is it. So lets have fun and ride safe. All rules are subject to change if the larger part of the inmates think that it should change. Lets go play TAG!!

East Tennessee Tag-O-Rama Map!

As I was out riding today I started thinking...I know it's dangerous....maybe there should be a time limit so if there is a standing tag for X time with no interest by anyone in getting it, a new tag is posted.

I know if I had not had things to do this AM I probably could have gotten the current tag, It should be easy enogh to find, I just didn't want to deal with Chattanooga (Maryville was bad enough).

There has to be more people out there than the few on this thread, there's an entire other website for East TN adventure riders.

Wahat do Yall think?
.
__________________
the best thing to buy for your bike is gas.....Neduro
Remote is not found on the coffee table
machinebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:10 PM   #14
phideaux
Beastly Adventurer
 
phideaux's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: NW Georgia
Oddometer: 3,192
Do u need more hints? Is this tag too hard to fine? What the heck...hope i didnt wreck a good game!
FIDO
__________________
Iron Butt Association No. 22913

Mrs. Phideaux to her octogenarian friend when the granny wants to know if she can sit on one of my bikes:

"It's Okay, they only fall over when HE'S on them."


North GA Tag-O-Rama Map
Georgia Tag-O-Rama Map
phideaux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:36 PM   #15
Willbilly
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Willbilly's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Trenton, GA
Oddometer: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux
Do u need more hints? Is this tag too hard to fine? What the heck...hope i didnt wreck a good game!
FIDO
Here's a hint:

GOOGLE WORKS!
Willbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014