ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 86 votes, 4.84 average. Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 05:21 AM   #1
Bongolia OP
stop acting
 
Bongolia's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Oddometer: 16,519
The Porsche Thread

I'm not a car nut, but I do like a nice Porsche.

My favorite at the moment is the 550.

There is something in the lines of this car that makes me smile.

__________________
A Pariah on the farm
Bongolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:34 AM   #2
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer
 
kobudo28's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: New Hampster. Live, Freeze and Ride.
Oddometer: 5,850
There is a replica of the 550 running around where I live. Even as a replica they are still cool.
__________________
Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
kobudo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:37 AM   #3
Knighthawk
Sofa King Bueno
 
Knighthawk's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Moran Nation
Oddometer: 21,865
__________________
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.

"Make sure you got clean underwear," Mom always said. I always figured that'd be the least of my worries, but now I'm older, I see there's a lot you can't control and some you can control and clean underwear is one of those you can...for the most part.
Knighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:44 AM   #4
Bongolia OP
stop acting
 
Bongolia's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Oddometer: 16,519




__________________
A Pariah on the farm
Bongolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:47 AM   #5
Knighthawk
Sofa King Bueno
 
Knighthawk's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Moran Nation
Oddometer: 21,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Bongo




It's a Porsche.
__________________
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.

"Make sure you got clean underwear," Mom always said. I always figured that'd be the least of my worries, but now I'm older, I see there's a lot you can't control and some you can control and clean underwear is one of those you can...for the most part.
Knighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:51 AM   #6
Knighthawk
Sofa King Bueno
 
Knighthawk's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Moran Nation
Oddometer: 21,865
I had this for a couple of years while I was in Germany.

__________________
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.

"Make sure you got clean underwear," Mom always said. I always figured that'd be the least of my worries, but now I'm older, I see there's a lot you can't control and some you can control and clean underwear is one of those you can...for the most part.
Knighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:57 AM   #7
pirahna
Beastly Adventurer
 
pirahna's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Oddometer: 17,637
My favorite car of all time the 1988 Porsche 911 Club Sport

pirahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:18 AM   #8
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer
 
kobudo28's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: New Hampster. Live, Freeze and Ride.
Oddometer: 5,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighthawk
Ah yes, the high performance sickle bar option. Very rare, cutting edge technology. Directional reartires....
__________________
Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

kobudo28 screwed with this post 08-06-2009 at 06:28 AM
kobudo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:57 AM   #9
Big D
So Cal
 
Big D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Grand Terrace, Ca
Oddometer: 134
Happy California cars

Cows and cars are about the only happy things in California, send cash.
The PCA has an annual gathering at Dana Point each year about 100 each 356's and early 911's
Enjoy
Daryl 07 GS So Cal








My red 63 coupe
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:54 PM   #10
Vance
Banned
 
Vance's Avatar
 
Joined: May 1986
Location: In my pants. In Georgia...
Oddometer: 18,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Bongo
I'm not a car nut, but I do like a nice Porsche.

My favorite at the moment is the 550.

There is something in the lines of this car that makes me smile.

It looks a fuckin lot like my electric shaver.
Vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:39 AM   #11
Bongolia OP
stop acting
 
Bongolia's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Oddometer: 16,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfed
It looks a fuckin lot like my electric shaver.


Worthless without pics, Vance.

You sure you got a shaver?



__________________
A Pariah on the farm
Bongolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #12
yazhound
Gnarly Adventurer
 
yazhound's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: With the Raindogs
Oddometer: 125
912

I own a 68 912 that my father purchased new from the factory in Stuttgart while stationed in Germany. It needs some restoration, but my father had already had extensive work done in 1979. I have no pics to post.
yazhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #13
dagwood
Banned
 
dagwood's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Vancouver, Not! BC...
Oddometer: 35,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by yazhound
I own a 68 912 that my father purchased new from the factory in Stuttgart while stationed in Germany. It needs some restoration, but my father had already had extensive work done in 1979. I have no pics to post.
the price for clean 912 has gone through the roof in the last ten years. they used to be poor mans 911's but they made so few of them that they are now a sought after and worth it.
dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:03 AM   #14
yazhound
Gnarly Adventurer
 
yazhound's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: With the Raindogs
Oddometer: 125
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagwood
the price for clean 912 has gone through the roof in the last ten years. they used to be poor mans 911's but they made so few of them that they are now a sought after and worth it.
It is a one of these days project. Everything on it is still original except newer seals all around and no rust : ) oh, and no smog junk either. Since i live in GA where I even run the AC in what fews days of winter we have, I haven't been quick to begin work on the 912 (no ac...but it does have marvelous vent windows ) What I do not have right now is time. It is either work on the car, or ride motorcycles.

What I would like to do is keep it as stock as possible, with the exception of putting Webers in place of the solex carbs that are on it now. It really was a fun car to drive. No speed demon, but it handles well and brings a nice big smile to my face.

btw, a friend is searching for a 930 in good shape to be driven and not stored. He had a pristine '86 that he was reluctant to drive so as not to muck it up to the point where he ended up selling it. He is now looking for one in less pristine shape so he won't feel bad driving it. Either late 70's or from '85 on, no gray market stuff. Thanks if anyone has any suggestions on this.

OH yeah, also, if anyone has a good parts source for the 912 I would be obliged. Cheers, yaz
yazhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:58 AM   #15
pirahna
Beastly Adventurer
 
pirahna's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Oddometer: 17,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by yazhound
btw, a friend is searching for a 930 in good shape to be driven and not stored. He had a pristine '86 that he was reluctant to drive so as not to muck it up to the point where he ended up selling it. He is now looking for one in less pristine shape so he won't feel bad driving it. Either late 70's or from '85 on, no gray market stuff. Thanks if anyone has any suggestions on this.
Pelican Parts Porsche's for sale

Quote:
OH yeah, also, if anyone has a good parts source for the 912 I would be obliged. Cheers, yaz
Pelican Parts Used 911/912 parts for sale

Pelican Parts new 912 parts for sale
pirahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014