ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
Land OP
Wanderer

Oddometer: 3,828
SC Midlands Tag-o-rama

Welcome to the SC Midlands Tag-o-rama!

Dillon, Marlboro, Chesterfield, Darlington, Lee, Kershaw, Sumter, Clarendon, Richland, Calhoun, Orangeburg, Lexington, Aiken, Barnwell, Bamberg, Allendale, Lancaster, York, Chester, Newberry, and Fairfield counties.

The game is simple, the rules are easy, and the goal is to get people out riding.

With that goal in mind, please don't make the clues so hard that we have to surf longer on the net than we have to ride to get the tag. Heck, you can go ahead and tell people exactly where the tag is if you want, but do be aware that some people like a clever challenge.

Here are the rules. (And, yeah, they're mostly plagiarized from other tag games.)

1. File photos can be used to place a tag; they can't be used to claim a tag. Tags must be placed in
Dillon, Marlboro, Chesterfield, Darlington, Lee, Kershaw, Sumter, Clarendon, Richland, Calhoun, Orangeburg, Lexington, Aiken, Barnwell, Bamberg, Allendale, Lancaster, York, Chester, Newberry, and Fairfield counties.
2. Try to duplicate the tag-placement photo as closely as possible with your bike when you claim a tag. The "grab, "claim," "I got it," whatever-you-call-it photo of the tag should be as close to the previous tag as possible. The tag placer needs to make sure that the photo can be shot be anyone on any bike. The tagger's bike needs to be in the photo. A road that is maintained and legal to ride is fair game. Gravel or not.
3. When you claim the tag, tell us where the tag was.
4. NO WHINING ABOUT IT BEING TOO FAR.
5. The tag must be findable. If a tag is standing for too long, you will be asked to post a clue or a new tag.
6. The new tag must be posted no later than six hours of the posting of your grab, or you will forfeit your tag to the previous tagger. Let's keep the game moving.
7. HE WHO POSTS FIRST WINS. It doesn't matter if you got to it first, the person who posts first wins the tag. (Laptops with cell modems and smart phones and other whiz-bang gizmos really help here.)
8. A working link to a photo is acceptable for short periods of time. It's sometimes hard to code HTML on the side of the road, so if you post up a link to a working picture, then it counts. Next time you're at a real computer, please edit it so that the picture shows up in the thread.

All rules are subject to change if the larger part of the inmates think that it should change and/or there is a darned good reason to change them.

That's pretty much it.

Remember, the South Carolina Midlands Tag-o-rama is played in Dillon, Marlboro, Chesterfield, Darlington, Lee, Kershaw, Sumter, Clarendon, Richland, Calhoun, Orangeburg, Lexington, Aiken, Barnwell, Bamberg, Allendale, Lancaster, York, Chester, Newberry, and Fairfield counties.

Here's a nice color-coded map that caycek5 made up that shows the boundaries. (Thanks, caycek5)

This game includes the counties in Yellow and Orange.

Green is the Upstate territory

Yellow is the Midlands territory

Orange is the overlap between the Upstate and the Midlands

Turquoise is the Lowcountry territory

Have fun and ride safely.

Let's go play TAG!!

Land screwed with this post 02-25-2011 at 02:03 PM Reason: Expanded the boundaries/counties of the game. Added map and map legend.
Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:41 PM   #2
Land OP
Wanderer

Oddometer: 3,828
1st tag -- Go get it!

On the river in Cayce.

Chris
Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,724
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:08 PM   #4
French
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Ohhhh! IT hurts. I've seen that and know just where it is. I moved away from Cola. to Greenville(Easley) 12 years ago. On Monday nights at the Art Bar in the Vista they have a small European bike night gathering and I coooould kill two birds with one stone. Props on the regional Tag o rama lama, ding dongs!
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:17 AM   #5
bonegrl
n00biest of n00bs

Oddometer: 298
Just checking in

This TOR looks to be a little more doable for my newbie skills....I don't like to venture too far from home without a partner.
bonegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:07 AM   #6
JackalHack
Perpetually confused

Oddometer: 240
Thumb Midlands

Thanks Land! This is just what I needed - like Ryan, if I see something awesome, I can go there myself or maybe take the fam. Not so doable if the tag is near Walhalla or Beaufort!
Old 05-24-2010, 06:38 PM   #7
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Oddometer: 1,884
I recently saw this episode of The Big Bang Theory and thought of it when I saw the threads you started Land. I'll bet it is probably easier dealing with your students than us isn't it? It is all a trick to make everyone a happy family again, I hope it works. I am sure it will.

I am all for the regional versions of the game. I just felt the unveiling of the upstate game was ill timed. Anyhow moving on as hojo in sc stated this is just an opportunity to claim all of the tags.

What I would like to see amended is Fairfield and Newberry counties added to the midlands counties. Historically these counties have been included in the midlands. They have also been where the midlanders have been fairly active tagging, as it is the area that the roads start to get interesting. Personally I would not mind handing over several counties to the other regions. I saw Claredon County was inquired about in the Lowcountry TOR. So as these games are just starting up now would/could be the time to enact any changes. I would also like to see the Upstate TOR to have its area defined by counties not highways. This is a proposal of what I would like to see.

Any comments?

Legal disclaimer:
Settlement class members may join in, object to or request exclusion from the settlement. If you are within the Settlement Class and do not request exclusion by pick a date it is all for fun anyway, you will be bound by the settlement as approved by the Court and will not be able to bring a gripe with respect to the subject matter of this agreement.

Here is the colored representation of the various SC state tag games boundaries.

Here is the current arrangement of the tag games.

Green is the Upstate territory

Yellow is the Midlands territory

Orange is the overlap between the Upstate and the Midlands

Turquoise is the Lowcountry territory

caycek5 screwed with this post 02-25-2011 at 01:35 PM Reason: revised regional map
caycek5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:12 AM   #8
Gigs
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Alright guys and gals hwy 321 just a few miles into the county if your coming from cola. Right hand side. Ready go
Gigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:52 PM   #9
KLR-Sam
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
1st ever Grab!

Grab attempt! Liberty Hill Presbyterian Church.

This would be a lot of firsts for me.
- 1st post as a member on this forum
- 1st time playing tag-o-rama & 1st Grab attempt
- 1st ride outside of the Columbia area =)
- 1st time use of photobucket & picture posting in a forum

So... Hello adventure riders of the midlands! (Sorry if it double posts, 1st attempt was from my smartphone around 2pm, and I'm home at almost 4pm and it hasn't posted yet.) New tag incoming!

Robert (AKA Sam)

*Edit - Nuked the double post *

KLR-Sam screwed with this post 07-28-2011 at 02:27 PM
KLR-Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:10 PM   #10
KLR-Sam
Adventurer

No, I rode up from the south. Which was very enjoyable for me :) I actually made the trip twice! Thur morning I rode out and took a wrong turn and had to return to Coliumbia for a noon appointment. Afterwards I rode back out and found it from memory. ( I left my map and address for rhe tag at home ).

I will have to grab my friend and ride up the northern half. The roads are so nice, and clear of traffic on weekdays.

Is another clue needed for my tag? How long do they normally sit?

- Sam

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2011, 02:50 PM   #11
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

KLR-Sam, tags can be picked up right away or they can sit for quite awhile. Perhaps you could check out the SC tag-o-rama.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #12
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

They say the cheapest thing on a BMW is the rider.

KLR-Sam, if you'll accept a grab picture from the street I'll post up the one I took today. The toll booth lady wasn't budging on the $2 so I could just take a picture. All I could think of was the movie Better Off Dead and the paperboy in it. "I want my two dollars."

Old 08-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #13
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Oddometer: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by caycek5 View Post
They say the cheapest thing on a BMW is the rider.

KLR-Sam, if you'll accept a grab picture from the street I'll post up the one I took today. The toll booth lady wasn't budging on the $2 so I could just take a picture. All I could think of was the movie Better Off Dead and the paperboy in it. "I want my two dollars."

That kid has grown up and, unbelievably, turned black. He still wants his two dollars and you better have it tomorrow!

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." Jesus, Revelation 3:20

My KTM 620 RXC & Where I Ride.

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
kg4lho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:17 PM   #14
KLR-Sam
Adventurer

Yes! I was thinking about that and a picture from the entrance would be just fine. In the interest of keeping this game moving along, please feel free to grab the entrance sign. The park ranger I spoke with was almost excited when I told him about the picture tag game and how it works. Though... I may have talked up the wonderful sc state parks and how excited i'd be to just get a picture by the memorial, etc. *grin*

In the future, I'll exclude anyplace that has any kind of fee. Lesson learned!

Old 08-05-2011, 06:57 PM   #15
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR-Sam View Post
Yes! I was thinking about that and a picture from the entrance would be just fine. In the interest of keeping this game moving along, please feel free to grab the entrance sign. The park ranger I spoke with was almost excited when I told him about the picture tag game and how it works. Though... I may have talked up the wonderful sc state parks and how excited i'd be to just get a picture by the memorial, etc. *grin*

In the future, I'll exclude anyplace that has any kind of fee. Lesson learned!

Thanks

The picture says it all. 9654 Two Notch Rd Columbia