Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
Greenflyfarmer OP
I'm better now.

Oddometer: 1,742
Casting my pearls before swine, in Colorado.

It seems like she resists short weekend day runs more than multi-week cross country trips. I might be imagining things but she seems to understand that sometimes, a man has to migrate. I know that some women might feel this urge too, but it’s easier to talk in my voice. I don’t know about you, but seasonally, I get a strong urge to travel, camp, watch wildlife and drink beer. Scoff all you want, I still think there is a primitive thing in man to travel and drink beer. It goes way back. I got the bacon thing too, but it’s down the list for me.
My wife thinks it’s crazy but she does know that I have to ramble a few times a year. We have been married a long time and she knows my ways. She gets a wan smile that borders on indulgent as she pets on me the night before I leave. Tonight, it’s close to Father’s day, so I get a favorite meal and a nice beverage. Rack of lamb medium rare, baked potato, a salad with blue cheese, and Van Winkle 12 on ice.
I leave for Colorado in the morning from Virginia. Three days to the Springs, then ten days of riding before I start back.

Greenflyfarmer screwed with this post 07-31-2010 at 05:07 AM
Greenflyfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,243
Safe ride

Old 06-19-2010, 02:11 AM   #3
Greenflyfarmer OP
I'm better now.

Morning comes slow with some time lost in the night. Wake up early, listen to late night am radio, Coast-to-Coast with George Noory, UFOs and breathless weirdo’s on a phone. Make coffee. It’s dark but I pull on my gear. I’ve kissed my wife, looked in on the boy and pushed the dog back in the house so he won’t bark later and wake the neighbors. Tuck the last items in the tightening space on the bike. Radio, cell, homemade ADV banner for the Pikes Peak Hill Climb I hope to watch. Maybe the few inmates that are racing up the Peak will see it in their charge up the hill. Never been to that event, hope I make it. The bike seems loud in the garage. The EFI makes the Pig settle to a fast idle, faster than with carbs. The EFI is good in the mountains though, excellent in fact. I want to ride two days and camp the third night, in the front range of Colorado. Go.

Greenflyfarmer screwed with this post 07-11-2010 at 06:33 PM
Old 06-19-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
iloco
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 276
Did you go through Charleston, WV about 11.30 on Interstate 64. If so I passed you going west as I was coming back east from Point Pleasant WV. I was on a white goldwing.
Have a safe trip and enjoy.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:53 AM   #5
Greenflyfarmer OP
I'm better now.

Yup that was me I guess. Kansas was awful hot yesterday. This morning is beautiful, Colorado next. I'm in some Kansas town off of I 70, poaching an internet connection in a hotel lobby. Later

Greenflyfarmer screwed with this post 07-10-2010 at 12:53 PM
Old 06-22-2010, 02:30 PM   #6
dirtbound4Max
Hangin' 10 on the F8

Oddometer: 329
Thumb Great Meeting You Guys!!!!!!!!!!

Dude ~ Looks like you guys are off to a great start on a great ride!!! It was cool meetin' ya'll in town today and I wish you the best of luck on the rest of your ride. As for your time in Colorado, and like I said earlier, if you guys run into any trouble and need some roadside / trailside assistance, please don't hesitate to call me anytime (Day or Night). In case you lost it, I also just sent you my cell number via a PM. I don't usually do it but for the next ten days, I'll be sure to keep it on me 24 hours a day. Also, if you need some help with that beer, let me know and I'll put a team together!! Speaking of beer and riding ~ I told you about our trip through Lake City, well, while there, we had one of the locals the "Hook us UP!!!!" Details and pics on page 3 (post #31) of my current RR. Long story short, Mike was one cool Dude and if you need any sort of logistical support like that (i.e., firewood and beer!), Lemme Know! It will give me a good reason to play hookie from work! : )

That's it for now man. Take Care and "Ride it like you stole it" Brother!.........................Sean

Oh Yeah, I almost forgot.................

Subscribed!!!!!!!!!!

dirtbound4Max screwed with this post 06-22-2010 at 02:42 PM
dirtbound4Max is offline   Reply With Quote