ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
bash3r OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,682
The Trans Missouri Trail - The "TMOT"

Us Missouri adventurers are working on a trail system through our state. Our plain is to provide a few different routes through the state both North/South and East/West. Whether you are heading down to jump on the TAT or just passing through, we hope to send you on a good ride either way!

The first North/South I routed hands off to the Trans Arkansas Trail(TART) in Blue Eye, MO at the MO/AR border. It's beautiful Ozark lake country down there!

GPS Files

Bash3r's TMOT South Track : Download Here : From O'Fallon, MO to Blue Eye, MO : 423 miles

BigDog's TMOT West Track : Download Here : From Chester, IL to Blue Eye, MO : 481 miles

Ride Report: Our TMOT South Trip 5/20-22/11.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692869

There's still work to do going north. If you are coming through the state and need some help routing.. just let me know.

My ADV Website
| ADV Legends |Campground POIs

bash3r screwed with this post 03-25-2012 at 11:28 AM
bash3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #2
RAGBrian
jonesing for a ride

Oddometer: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by bash3r View Post
Us Missouri adventurers are working on a trail system through our state. Our plain is to provide a few different routes through the state both North/South and East/West. Whether you are heading down to jump on the TAT or just passing through, we hope to send you on a good ride either way!

The first North/South route will hand off to the Trans Arkansas Trail in Blue Eye, MO at the MO/AR border. It's beautiful Ozark lake country down there!

I've gotten some GPS files from different inmates that's I've started piecing together. Please subscribe to this thread and lend a hand! If you have recommendations in the area you live or familiar with please let us know.

Here are the routes I've begun working on thus far. There's much work to do but we have to start somewhere!

http://www.basherdesigns.com/tmot/

In!

Good start on the website, bash3r! BTW, is there any point on the MO-IA border that the IA trails begin? Daughter is attending Truman in Kirksville, and it's been a plan of mine to go looking up there for some gravel routes around that area. I see a lot of gravel county roads that start just a few hundred yards off of Hwy. 63, so I know there is some potential riding up there.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
ajayhawkfan
Rock Chalk

Oddometer: 4,037
I have been working on a Trans MO Trail all winter. It is a total of 700 miles. It starts in Athens Missouri and ends in Blue Eye. Some of the highlights:
Two covered bridges
The Soldier In The Field
two or three swinging bridges
three historic mills

I have incorporated the first 125 miles into a planned ride next weekend (http://www.rideforum.net/forum/viewt...p?p=8696#p8696) Once ridden I will have ridden over 75% of the route (if you include driving over 85%) at one time or another.

I hope later on this winter I'll be able to ride the entire route. I'll post it when I do.

Texas Hill Country Badlands and Black Hills Riding the T.W.A.T Photos
ajayhawkfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
bash3r OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayhawkfan View Post
I have been working on a Trans MO Trail all winter. It is a total of 700 miles. It starts in Athens Missouri and ends in Blue Eye. Some of the highlights:
Two covered bridges
The Soldier In The Field
two or three swinging bridges
three historic mills

I have incorporated the first 125 miles into a planned ride next weekend (http://www.rideforum.net/forum/viewt...p?p=8696#p8696) Once ridden I will have ridden over 75% of the route (if you include driving over 85%) at one time or another.

I hope later on this winter I'll be able to ride the entire route. I'll post it when I do.
Great.. we'd love to see your route. There are some great gems in MO to see! But coming from a Jayhawk Fan, seeing is believing for us Tigers in the Show Me state!

My ADV Website
Old 01-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #5
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,224
Quote:
Great.. we'd love to see your route. There are some great gems in MO to see! But coming from a Jayhawk Fan, seeing is believing for us Tigers in the Show Me state!
And for some of us Tigers in Arkansas too. I am for two teams, Mizzou and any team playing against Arkansas. Did I mention I am a transplant?
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #6
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,646
BigDogs TMOT Chester, Illinois to Blue Eye

I put together this little ride that starts on a levee on the Missouri side of the Mississippi river at Chester, Illinois---and ends up in Big Eye, Arkansas--the start of the Arkansas Trans trail. The gps file is below.

If you ride it--keep these notes.

The track log I made shows 481 miles in length--however there are a lot of straight lines on the track log---so it will be quite a bit longer than that----maybe close to 600 miles.

It starts on a gravel levee and drops down into a valley and crosses a very old one lane wooden bridge that few people know about--it was there last year.

I've dropped many waypoints along the route---take note of each--some, such as the many spring waypoints may be a little off the route---try to find them if you like. It may be one I've been to--it may be one I found on a topo map (and haven't been to) and it could be really neat--it could be on private property (stay out)--it could be dried up--and it could be beautiful. It's an adventure.

You'll do many creek fords----some are not do-able at high water. A couple you'll have to route around quite a distance if the water is deep. The Sheldon ford is a different animal everytime I do it---after every rain it changes dramatically.

You'll ride by many old grist mills and the glade top trail and cross on a ferry at Bull Shoals Lake.

You'll ride stuff that could be ridden on a gold wing---and some pretty gnarly stuff---I personally wouldn't take a large bike on this ride---a 950 KTM would be the only big bike I would recommend----a KLR or smaller would be much more fun and the riding would be much easier.

The route goes thru the tram trail near Van Buren---probably the most difficult riding besides the river fords.

The riding near the end at Blue eye---may not be so great---but I got nauseated when the route got to close to Branson.

You'll have plenty of places for gas and food along the way---I'm not going to get into campsites or motels---your on your own to do as you like.

Have fun with this----I have over 100 springs marked in Missouri---but just put a few on here near the route.

Hope you enjoy it

Attached Files
File Type: gpx BigDogs TMOT.gpx (58.0 KB, 454 views)
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.

BigDogAdventures screwed with this post 01-06-2011 at 05:55 PM
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:48 PM   #7
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,646
map overview

Map overview of my TMOT
Attached Images

KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #8
bash3r OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogAdventures.com View Post
Map overview of my TMOT
Thanks BigDog!!

I'm throwing your TMOT in the master gps file. Some of the other routes I'm looking at through the National Forests are yours, and this file sure will help me out!

My ADV Website
Old 05-20-2011, 03:31 PM   #9
malibu_dan
Adventuring Mystic

Oddometer: 1,428
Quote:
Wish us luck.. and if we break down please come get us !!
WRs never break down... oops did I say that out loud? Have a great run Basher!
Old 05-21-2011, 07:59 AM   #10
devrodirt
devro

Oddometer: 505
Hey Bash3r and Charlie,
Keep us informed of how you guys are doing on this.
I'm really jealous that you guys get the time and opportunity to do this and I don't!!!

Thanks.

Hopefuly this fall I'll be able to get a ride together from Eldorado to St Louis!

Thanks again
Out here where you can breathe. Lyle Lovett
devrodirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #11
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,224
Devro, as you know everything is being paved! When we rode the TART last year I found roads that I had been on two years before that were gravel at the time and found them paved. Ride em while you can!
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:02 PM   #12
bash3r OP
Beastly Adventurer

We made it!

What a trip, we had blast! 729 miles total.. got rained on the first day and then as I pulled in my garage today. More report later.. I'm tired!!

My ADV Website
Old 05-23-2011, 03:17 PM   #13
TuRNeRBuRNeR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:

What a trip, we had blast! 729 miles total.. got rained on the first day and then as I pulled in my garage today. More report later.. I'm tired!!
Man what a ride !!! Cant wait for some of the vids to pop up especially Glade top trail such a fun ride. When is the next one ? !!
Old 05-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #14
dsawyer879
n00b

Oddometer: 1
help

I'm new to this whole thing and would like some direction on finding and riding some adventure rides.I assume its better to ride with someone else to keep it safe?? I live in Chesterfield MO and would like some suggestions.
Thanks!
dsawyer879
dsawyer879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #15
bash3r OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsawyer879 View Post
I'm new to this whole thing and would like some direction on finding and riding some adventure rides.I assume its better to ride with someone else to keep it safe?? I live in Chesterfield MO and would like some suggestions.
Thanks!
dsawyer879
Hey there.. we'll you are in the right place.. head over to our Missouri thread here and this is where you'll meet all the local adv'rs and most guys ride every weekend.. !! Welcome!

My ADV Website