User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
Arte OP
Stuck in the 80's

Oddometer: 1,497
My Daughter's first ride !

She is Eleven yrs old and has been asking me for a ride since 9 and complaining why only brother has been riding with me, so finally I decided to take her on a short ride and explained that the boy also had his first ride at 11.

That seemed to solve trouble.

The route was a short one just to sense her if she could hold it. Only some 250 miles or so.

From Zacatecas to Aguascalientes México and get back. Also do some riding to San Jose de Gracia and watch the "Broken Christ" at the "Presidente Calles Dam". We could not finish all the planned tour since we took too long having breakfast at Aguascalientes, so I will post some magazine pics of the places we missed that day.

this was the route

I started doing the 685 kit to my 08 KLR650 but could not finish it on time, so my cousing let me used his KLR which he is not using any more.

the plan was to go out riding only 3 bikes, but the word spreaded fast and we ended up being 9 bikes and 12 riders!

ready to roll!

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
Arte OP
Stuck in the 80's

We got to Aguascalientes soon and parked all bikes near the place that Frank chosed for us to have breakfast.

Here is Frank with his Wife

the two little riding girls of the day (my daughter and my cousin's daughter)

Waiting at the restaurant to be seated (on a sunday and a large group is not a good idea for these type of places)

they better went for quiet chat while we get called.

finally we got in !

hungry already!

this restaurant was really nice, a very antique hacienda house

and now ready to ride some more..

panza llena corazon contento!

bikes were in good hands and safe. All helmets and stuff was there.

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 01-06-2011, 09:57 PM   #3
Dieseldoc
retired

Oddometer: 43
Good for you.

Way to go.
Taking your daughter for a ride= priceless!
I started taking my daughter along when she was about 8. She's 33 now and still only rides with dad.
We've always had a special bond and I'd like to think this had something to do with it.
Dieseldoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:31 AM   #4
Steelybeast
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 550
It's great to see you spending quality time with with your daughter. They grow up so fast these days. Maybe she will take an interest in riding herself one day & you will be posting in Dad's & Daughters thread
2008 Kawasaki Versys (past)
Two-Up, Two-Wheels, Two-gether:Switzerland
Steelybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:48 AM   #5
Arte OP
Stuck in the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelybeast View Post
It's great to see you spending quality time with with your daughter. They grow up so fast these days. Maybe she will take an interest in riding herself one day & you will be posting in Dad's & Daughters thread

that is right, next thing before we notice, they want to be on their own at younger ages and not willing to spend time with the parents.

thanks!

arte

Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 01-07-2011, 06:06 AM   #6
Arte OP
Stuck in the 80's

from Aguascalientes, we went to San Jose de Gracia to ride a little bit by the beach of the dam. Have some pics and a soda for everyone.

This Dam was the first one ever built in all México.

changing to regular shoes is always a priority even for a little while !

lets get some lemonade

we did have a very young entertainer

a sight of the "Broken Christ"

since to go near of this statue, we needed to get on a boat, and it was gettin late, I could not manage to take some close pics, so I will post a couple taken from other source I had, just for highlight this touristic area.

This Christ statue is the second largest of all America, after the one at Rio de Janeiro.

It was done as is "broken" inspired on a old tale of a priest who found a small broken christ and bought it and never restored it, and used to his activities of helping the ones sick and amputees, realizing that the broken figure did use to provide some special reliefe to those in need of it.

Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 01-07-2011, 05:45 AM   #7
Arte OP
Stuck in the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldoc View Post
Way to go.
Taking your daughter for a ride= priceless!
I started taking my daughter along when she was about 8. She's 33 now and still only rides with dad.
We've always had a special bond and I'd like to think this had something to do with it.
Yes, I think is something she will remember always, and more cause she loved and wanted to do it again on a longer trip.

thanks!

Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 01-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #8
TK-LA
SoCal Rider

Oddometer: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arte View Post

I love the expression of pure joy on her face as all the adults chat so seriously. That's how I still feel each time the engine fires up.

2007 Suzuki GS500f - Don't underestimate (and don't take it in loose rocks!)
2004 Suzuki LS650 "Savage" - Either stolen or ran away from home.
TK-LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:46 AM   #9
eap
El Adventurero Solitario

Oddometer: 3,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arte View Post
We got to Aguascalientes soon and parked all bikes near the place that Frank chosed for us to have breakfast.

SNIP...

the two little riding girls of the day (my daughter and my cousin's daughter)

Snip
Lindas, preciosas y felices... Te felicito don Arte
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride," -From 'Eldorado', Edgar Allen Poe (1849) http://www.eapoe.org/works/poems/eldrdoa.htm
eap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #10
Arte OP
Stuck in the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by eap View Post
Lindas, preciosas y felices... Te felicito don Arte

Gracias eap,
I like your line signature from Poe. I have read most of his work, one of the best short story practicioners.

arte

Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 01-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #11
mikem9
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,194
Good report and pics - thanks for sharing. Interesting to see others enjoying the same motorcycling passion with their kids in other parts of the world. You've inspired me to plan some new trips with my daugthers.
mikem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #12
Andres A
FINDING NEMO

Oddometer: 242
KLR 650+ADV= Happy faces

LOVE THIS PIC!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #13
GypsyWriter
Sarah

Oddometer: 1,380
Yay pictures!! (when I read it yesterday you'd exceeded your bandwidth, guess you fixed that ) How fun it must have been, she looks like she's having a total blast! Another ADV-ette in the making, woohoo!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
Life is dangerous. Not doing what you love makes life even more dangerous...
GypsyWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #14
AleXtz
Minimal2 the fulness

Oddometer: 68
que tal Arte,

touareg forum has grow a little bit, but the old school users that really take rides and dont post that much are planning having drinks at Caballero Aguila's house. if you are around mexico city let me know to see if there is a trip being planned, because crazy riders like you are scarcing

paz!
AleXtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #15
Arte OP
Stuck in the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahp View Post
Yay pictures!! (when I read it yesterday you'd exceeded your bandwidth, guess you fixed that ) How fun it must have been, she looks like she's having a total blast! Another ADV-ette in the making, woohoo!!!
on the way back, the weather started to cool down, and her jacket is mesh fabric, so while riding I asked few times if she was cold, she said no always.

I knew she was't too warm but I guessed she did not wanted to look like she did not liked the ride.

I stoped at and she put other light jacket inside, then she said... well I was a little cold.

so I explained her that we can do as many stops as needed, since the objective is to ride comfortable to enjoy. She got it.... Just hope that next ride she dont pull me over for hair combing or some fingernail make up...

Chiapas Ride 2013