Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2011, 01:53 AM   #1
rotaxhippie OP
more cowbell

Oddometer: 70
FISHER Seats and FISHER Saddlebags

Howdy all,

For those that have an uncomfortable seat and haven't found a solution yet, we build custom seats for $249.99. Any make and model of dual sport or dirt bike. Primarily, we widen and soften seats, but really it's up to the customer for what they want their seat to be like. We also manufacture saddlebags that are model specific for dual sports which mount to a rack. Our website has more information: http://www.fishersaddlebags.com

Seats: http://www.fishersaddlebags.com/seats.html

We've been building custom dual sport seats since 2003, and in business for 30+ years. So if you have one of our seats crafted by Dave Fisher, say hi. Questions welcome. Ordering information I prefer via email through our site.

Nate Fisher
Fisher's Upholstery
Eagle, ID

rotaxhippie screwed with this post 05-13-2013 at 04:36 PM Reason: updated years
rotaxhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
bete
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
Wow I really like your saddle bag system, hows it do when you drop your bike? Also my stock pipe on my KLR seems pretty hot, any trouble with the plastic there? Thanks. bete..
bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
rotaxhippie OP
more cowbell

Thanks for the comment bete. The drops we've had and have heard about left nothing but dirt and light markings on the bags. The rack is flexible to some degree so it is extremely hard to break and won't bend like tubing. Our bags use the muffler for support with a rubber bumper which spaces the rack away from the heat. The inside of the rack doesn't even get warm enough to warrant heat tape.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
bete
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
Thanks. bete..
bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:14 PM   #5
Kainic
Almost there

Oddometer: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaxhippie View Post
Thanks for the comment bete. The drops we've had and have heard about left nothing but dirt and light markings on the bags. The rack is flexible to some degree so it is extremely hard to break and won't bend like tubing. Our bags use the muffler for support with a rubber bumper which spaces the rack away from the heat. The inside of the rack doesn't even get warm enough to warrant heat tape.
Any chance the saddlebags would fit an 2006 F650GS Dakar?

Kainic screwed with this post 01-13-2012 at 05:40 PM
Kainic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #6
klrfan
Medway, MA

Oddometer: 1
Thumb My 2 cents on Fisher Saddlebags

Hi All:

I just purchased and installed my Fisher Saddlebags and wanted to let the forum know how happy I am with the product. I did a lot of research prior to choosing Fisher as my soft luggage for my '09 KLR. I didn't get a lot of feedback but I took a chance and ordered them. I was looking for bags that would hold enough for the day or weekend and didn't need bags to take me across the continent. The Fisher bags fit the bill perfectly. They don't add a lot of external size to the bike but hold an incredible amount of stuff. They're perfect for commuting also and the tail bag holds my Macbook Pro perfectly. What is more impressive is the quality of construction and fit. The rack is really well engineered down to the last detail and bolts onto the bike in minutes with no mod. They've thought of everything in designing the rack, even putting holes for bungees, etc. The bags themselves are of such quality that I wouldn't expect them to fail for years to come. The seams are well stitched, the zippers are smooth in operation and tough and the fit on the rack is flawless. Frankly, I am surprised that I did not see more reviews or accolades for these bags while doing my research. It seems like Wolfman and the big guys get the attention but I'm sure if folks tried this product, it wouldn't be long before Fisher would be at the top of searches. Anyway, just my 2 cents (and I'm not connected with the company....). If anyone has any questions, feel free.
klrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #7
RockyNH
Older Than Dirt!

Oddometer: 1,057
Anyone here got one of their seats??? Specifically looking at a dr 650 in a lowered configuration.... Looking for anyone with experience with their seats..

Thanks!

Pat in NH

02 1800 Gold Wing - "Wing"
05 Ural Gear Up "Herbie"
07 F650GS - "Grasshopper" - Totaled July 2010
05 DR 650 - (?????) Purchased August 2010

Trip Report 2009 Trans Lab Highway

Trip Report 2010 James Bay & North Road Quebec
RockyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #8
Petrolburner
Noise Maker

Oddometer: 534
Hey I've got a KLX 650c with 2 Airhawks on it. I'm thinking of returning them under the 60 day "you bet your ass" guarantee. They are comfortable. But they're annoying to have to fidget with and adjust all the time. And they still don't make the seat any wider, which is the root of the discomfort I believe.

Anyway, my girlfriend and I ride a lot. This past weekend we spent about 7 hours in the saddle in one day. I'm going to be in Boise June 20 and 21 with her visiting my brother, AvMech. May we come in to have you take some measurements/pics of us on the seat to help you plan the build on my seat? I'm also interested in sitting on some of your examples in trying to determine my choice in cover material and seat foam. I'm thinking soft foam and the softest covering material you have. Have you found the seat cover material to play a role in comfort? It should. For example, my Thermarest is very comfortable when I'm laying on it by myself. However Kathleen and I share a Big Agnes Buffalo Park sleeping bag which fits the Thermarest. With her on there with me, an extra 100 lbs, the air pressure inside the thermarest rises dramatically, and the surface tension also increases. Making the thermarest feel much harder even though I let out enough air so that my body is just barely off the ground like it's supposed to be. I really like the look of the carbon fiber type seat cover material, but if it's not soft and supple I think the surface tension will make the seat feel harder.

Trevor

Also like to do a bit of this with it

Old 06-06-2011, 10:40 PM   #9
rotaxhippie OP
more cowbell

Nice to see another fan of the 650C. Sure, bring the bike by if you'll have it. If not, we have a KLX 650C here with an 11" wide seat on it. You are absolutely right about the cover material. The softer the material, the more you will be able to feel the effects of the foam underneath. Like sitting on a seat covered in pantyhose vs. a thin piece of 1/16" plastic overlaying the seat. Vinyl is somewhere in between. Our carbon fiber material is pretty flexible. Either day will work, so give us a call prior to heading over.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #10
Sasquatch
Banned

Oddometer: 4,770
My father just had his done by Fisher (01 LC4 Enduro). We are local to Fisher, so it was a walk in deal. Totally painless and did a great job on the seat. Have not had a chance to put a bunch of miles on it, but looking at it in the shop and sitting on it, it looks good to go.
Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:19 PM   #11
rotaxhippie OP
more cowbell

We will be in the Sun Valley, ID area from 7/7 - 7/10/11 checking out some trails. If anyone near is interested in seeing our products mounted up or possibly borrow a demo seat, send me an email through our site. Any trail suggestions are also welcome.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:58 AM   #12
shutterman
some call me bop

Oddometer: 48
Fisher saddle

I had Dave redo my DRZ seat earlier this spring and have finally been able to spend some time on it. He did a great job! It is very comfortable ( can spend hours sitting now), the quality is excellent and I highly recommend them for anybody wanting a new seat. My "new" seat looks like the photo in the first post. I live about five miles from his shop so it was an easy process for me. The cost was extremely reasonable. Thanks Dave
We travel between the eternities
Robert Duvall - Broken Trail
shutterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #13
Ridetosea
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
500 EXC seat.

Just sent them my seat. I will post a full review about the experience and performance of the seat.
Ridetosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #14
tbylaitis
n00b

Oddometer: 1
They did a seat for my 05 WR 450, it went from sitting on a 2x4 to a seat that provided very good support and no tailbone issues. They were able to widen the stock seat to about 9 inches, dont expect the seat to be plush, it is firm. What it did solve, it took pressure off my tailbone and also made the transition area between thigh and seat much more comfortable. I have logged 1000 miles of trail and forest road riding with this seat, they will do the seat on my next bike. High quailty work, easy to work with and most importantly they did whay they said. I was leaving on a trip and asked if they could get the seat back by a specific date, they did. They were able to turn the seat around quickly and do a great job. If you cant tell from my comments, I like my seat and the folks at Fisher.
tbylaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #15
Lonster
Avid Reader

Oddometer: 52
Fisher Seats Rock

I live less than 2 miles from Dave. I had him re-work a DRZ400 seat for me and it is fantastic. I also have a tailbone issue from a rafting accident that bothers me is short order on the wrong seat. Dave was able to provide a seat with firm support with some cushion on the top and I can ride for hours. Make sure you give Dave the time to do the seat right and he will do a fantastic job. I have owned a Corbin, and a Sargeant Seats on other bikes and will always make my FIRST stop at Fisher Seats from now on. I really don't think you will be disappointed.
Lonster is offline   Reply With Quote