User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2011, 09:38 AM   #1
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,166
KLIM Badlands Pro

Could be my next jacket depending on price.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #2
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,899
I really like this suit.

My Traverse Suit may be up for sale, soon.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #3
YamWOW!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 460
That's what I'm talking about! I wonder when we will see more of it?

Check out the WR250R/X forum: CLICK HERE
Check out the Pacific NW DualSport Forum: CLICK HERE
KTM 530 EXC-R
BMW F800GS
YamWOW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
Tiggleswerth
Jansport

Oddometer: 232
Awesome, more street protection than the traverse, without the adventure rally suit price tag... I hope. This could be next for me as well... Need more info!

Slow down for the pavement, speed up for the dirt...
Tiggleswerth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
Tiggleswerth
Jansport

Oddometer: 232
A little more information form motorcycle-usa.com Two new suits, badlands pro being higher price point and the latitude being lower...

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/304/92...po-Friday.aspx

Slow down for the pavement, speed up for the dirt...
Tiggleswerth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:18 PM   #6
SierraJeep
It's toast

Oddometer: 624
I saw the video last night, but had to watch it without the sound on (so as to not make too much noise for others in the room). When I saw the close ups I got really interested when I had assumed they were showing the Badlands. This morning I watched it again with volume and then noticed they were showing the Dakar Rally up close and not the Badlands. It's too bad their video didn't focus that much on the new product.

2010 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 450 EXC
SierraJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #7
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,884
Hard to comment too much on something that there is no info on yet, but are those Storm cuffs? Klim if you're listening, I hope you reconsider. Great inthe cold, but they suck in the heat. Unless theres a way to remove, they'd be a deal breaker for me..
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #8
Bob Tosi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,600
Oh God , another piece of gear to lust after.
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Bob Tosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:37 AM   #9
heetseeker
Hopelessly addicted

Oddometer: 370
Lust is right.. it's time for a new set of gear and after countless hours of reviews here and on other sites, i'm down to the Klim Badlands or Rukka Armas. Just need to find that pot of gold first...

PDMC 38x
heetseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #10
1LIFE2LIVE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by heetseeker View Post
Lust is right.. it's time for a new set of gear and after countless hours of reviews here and on other sites, i'm down to the Klim Badlands or Rukka Armas. Just need to find that pot of gold first...
Badlands comes in at about $900 for the jacket where the Armas comes in at what $1,800? Is there that much of a difference?

1LIFE2LIVE screwed with this post 12-06-2011 at 08:32 PM
1LIFE2LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:17 PM   #11
heetseeker
Hopelessly addicted

Venting

It comes down to venting for me and ok, cost too. The Klim is looking good. Now if I can just find a set to try on...

PDMC 38x
Old 12-30-2011, 09:57 AM   #12
heetseeker
Hopelessly addicted

sizing

Just got the box with the badlands suit in it, and the jacket was too small. Not by a little, either. I know there are a few questions out there regarding sizing and after you look at all of the videos and such you may be ready to make your order but.....here is the sizing in a nutshell....
  • If you wear an XL Jacket, shirt or or hoodie....Order an XL Klim Badlands jacket. It's supposed to fit snug, but damn!
  • The pants are true to size as well. 34 in a pair of jeans is a 34 waist in the Badlands pants.
I'm 6' with an athletic build, 46 chest, Arms 35" from mid-chest to fingers or 29" from pit to tips of fingers. I'm not a fat bastard, or skinny by a long shot...especially after the holidays. So, not pointing fingers but looking at bigbird wearing a large jacket on the Revzilla site convinced me to get the large since it fit him.

Enough said about that. If you have any worries about the ''shell only" concept being too thin....do not worry. The jacket alone weighs nearly 8 lbs. They should rename it to "Badass".
On the other hand, if sold by weight it would only be $112.50 a pound.

Now to head down to the post office and stuff the jacket into a flat rate box for the return.

PDMC 38x
Old 12-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #13
Buster714
instant human

Oddometer: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by heetseeker View Post
Just got the box with the badlands suit in it, and the jacket was too small. Not by a little, either. I know there are a few questions out there regarding sizing and after you look at all of the videos and such you may be ready to make your order but.....here is the sizing in a nutshell....
  • If you wear an XL Jacket, shirt or or hoodie....Order an XL Klim Badlands jacket. It's supposed to fit snug, but damn!
  • The pants are true to size as well. 34 in a pair of jeans is a 34 waist in the Badlands pants.
I'm 6' with an athletic build, 46 chest, Arms 35" from mid-chest to fingers or 29" from pit to tips of fingers. I'm not a fat bastard, or skinny by a long shot...especially after the holidays. So, not pointing fingers but looking at bigbird wearing a large jacket on the Revzilla site convinced me to get the large since it fit him.

Enough said about that. If you have any worries about the ''shell only" concept being too thin....do not worry. The jacket alone weighs nearly 8 lbs. They should rename it to "Badass".
On the other hand, if sold by weight it would only be $112.50 a pound.

Now to head down to the post office and stuff the jacket into a flat rate box for the return.
BADASS!

Hmm, I wear Large t-shirts and hoodies every day but the Large Badlands jacket was way too big on me. So far, it would appear that the chest and waist sizes are the most accurate.

>> Your chest size is right in the range for the XL so, how was the sleeve length on the L?

Sorry you got stuck with return shipping. Keep us posted on the fit in the XL.
Buster714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:18 AM   #14
turboICE
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
6' 240#

My issue is almost entirely my gut, my chest would probably fit in an L comfortably, but my stomach necessitated at least an XL. Which fits satisfactorily except for the arms.

My dress shirt arm length is 35" (center of neck to wrist). The XL arms are a bit long. My arms are not large, as a matter of fact I think they are thinner than they should be for my chest size and the XL arms are snug. If I worked out more and built my arms and lost the gut I probably could fit a L but would worry my arms would no longer fit. The arms seem like they are cut too thin on this jacket. It is difficult just getting the cuffs over the end of my gloves.

38 pants - fit like 38 pants should. Though they are a bit long for my 30" inseam.
turboICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #15
matt.the.ogre
Fair-minded Villian

Oddometer: 269
Wore my new Badlands Pro suit today for the first time. Just a 35 minute commute to work in SF Bay Area. It was 48F for most of my ride. Foggy but not raining.

Fit: I got the XL jacket and 40 pants. I'm 6'2" and ~250lbs. Fit is really good for me, especially with my Gerbings electric jacket underneath. I typically wear the electric over just a t-shirt or polo shirt, like this morning. The pants fit like size 40 pants at the waist. Big thighs and calves though, which I like. I wore a pair of long-johns under the pants.

Function: Hard to be definitive but first 35 minutes were great. I really like the integrated kidney belt. It feels really secure. With everything zipped and buttoned up there was very little wind flow, as expected. I certainly wasn't losing heat abnormally in the torso or legs. I love the thumb holes for the sleeve liners too: great for keeping the sleeves in place. I didn't find the sleeves too tight, but they were snug (just right) with a jacket on. Of course no water leakage from the heavy fog.

Time to head out for the ride home.