User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #1
AlanI OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Touratech Windscreen Spoiler for F800GS

Using the search function I can find reference to this spoiler for every other model of bike other than the F800GS. Has anyone used this on the 800GS or no of anyone, either living or dead LOL, that has? In short, I'd like to know whether or not it does the job as described on the tin and is it money well spent? Please no recommendations to alternative complete screens as non I've seen so far are suitable for the lines of this bike.......imho of course.
AlanI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:54 AM   #2
lawe
lawe

Oddometer: 141
For me it didn't do any good. I just added more noise and turbulence for me, but as usual with wind screens it depends on your lenght, seat hight, riding position etc.

I ended up cutting my stock screen down with approx 10cm. to get more clean air above the shoulders. That's much better for me.

I'm 180 cm tall using standard seat.
lawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:50 PM   #3
markymcd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 882
I used it for a while and I liked it a bit better than stock. I'm 5'6" and have a low seat. I then went to the MetalMule / Powerbronze screen which was better. Then I did the Madstad robobracket thing which was better. Then I did the Desierto 3 which was best and of course stupid expensive.

The clip on is an affordable way to do an 'adjustable' screen from stock. And, if you've got the right height and helmet combo it might work for you.

good luck,
Mark
Old 03-27-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
AlanI OP
Adventurer

Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to fire off an email to TT in the morning (might even telephone them personally) and ask if they would be prepared to loan me one for a couple of hours to test. I've spent enough with them over the years and live only 30 minutes down the road from them so I don't think my request will be an unreasonable one.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
HighFive
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,628
I bought it....tried it....and returned it immediately. I'm 5'-9" with regular stock seat, and it made things even worse. The wind was hitting me square in the center of my faceshield. Which also made the wind noise in my helmet much louder too.

The little spoiler fits up beautifully to the stock shield. Looks great and seems like a such a simple solution. But the stock shield produces cleaner air around my head & shoulders without out it. So, I'd recommend against it.

Now then, I didn't like the stock situation either. After much angst and handwringing, I followed Docking Pilot's good advice: Drank a 6 pack, then pushed the "Buy" button for the Desierto faring. Sinfully expensive, yes, but wow...does it ever work good for me. If I keep this bike a long time (which appears likely), the amortized cost over time should become insignificant. At least, that's what I keep telling myself. It has indeed made the slab rides way more pleasant.

HF
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #6
AlanI OP
Adventurer

HighFive
Old 03-29-2014, 07:18 AM   #7
murpies
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Tt spoiler works well with the Puig Touring windshield .
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396102489.542840.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  155.6 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396102528.291668.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  168.1 KB
murpies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:05 PM   #8
Vettel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
I have this add on. I am 6'1" on standard (not lowered and standard seat), and its just fine for me. At high speed i used to get a lot of air on the chest, but at least it was not on the lid. With it, its right at the top of the lid, but my head feels less buffeted around, so perhaps the helmet design has something to do with it as it was better for me, but not for tomj.
At low speed, with the visor up, i notice more air in the eyes than previously, but then i just slide down the sun shade, and bingo.
Each to their own i suppose, but this was a good add on for me.

Vettel screwed with this post 04-03-2014 at 04:22 PM
Vettel is offline   Reply With Quote