ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
Mad Jack OP
TOYS IN THE ATTIC

Oddometer: 128
11/2/14 Brushpoppers Dual Sport & Mad Jack's drool (IL)

Hello Adventurers
Brushpopper's will be hosting two dual sports in 2011. The Cow Patty Cruise on Saturday June 18 & The Bitter End on Sunday November 13.
With the Cow Patty coming first we'll talk about it. This year expect the same style of dual sport as our last 5 nationals. Just ran one day instead of two. Length will be longer with bail outs if light or skills run short. This event will be for street legal type bikes.
Website for B.P. www.brushpoppersmc.com

will post more later,
roost on,
Mad Jack

Mad Jack screwed with this post 11-29-2013 at 11:55 AM Reason: dating event
Mad Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
Mad Jack OP
TOYS IN THE ATTIC

Brushpoppers

Brushpoppers; who we are.
In 1969 the Brushpoppers were formed as a district 17 AMA club. Main focus was riding and hosting events for the "bettering of motorcycling". [is that even a word-bettering?]
Through out the 70's we ran enduros and scrambles mainly and considered ourselves an enduro club. This did not stop the club from stepping away from the norm and putting on any event our members were brave enough to vote on sanctioning. It's hell to be so damn democratic. This brought the club from near its comfort zone, as in national enduro, to way out in left field, like moto-x. Lets have a some what accurate list to qualify this.
enduro
national enduro
scrambles
hare scrambles
trials
national qualifier enduro [six day training the AMA said]
road poker run
short track
1/2 mile
motocross

In our ambitious years we put on up to 4 events in one year! My personal favorites 2 enduros & 1 hare scramble,this had been done many times before difficulties with land permision.

B.P. has survived over 4 decades with membership usually ranging from 12 to 20ish.

We have given to many charities over the years such as injured riders, ambulance crews, bridge restoration,ect.

B.P. biggest expense is a banquet we put on every spring for the land owners , just trying to thank to those who really allow our events to happen. With out private land we are just street bikers in Il.

Well enough of that.
Will talk about riding next.

Roost on

Mad Jack
Old 05-11-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,940
I miss the enduro.
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
Mad Jack OP
TOYS IN THE ATTIC

Riding

Thanks for the reply 2whlrcr. We all miss the enduros, if just 2 or 3 hunting land owners would have a different view a quality enduro would still be possible. Sad. But we don't wish to put on poor events. Which enduro did you like best, the north or the south? If you've played with us much i'm sure you know what I mean.
Back to riding. Oh ya 2 wheels and fun.
Some of our past has put members in the dirt all over the USA. Early on some of my best times where had on holiday weekends in Mi.,the lower part back then, and more recently the U.P. Camping and dirt biking fun oh ya! But different members have rode LA BARSTOW TO VEGAS, Co. mountains, Arizona desert,Utah,W. by god Virginia, Fla.,Ga., Ky.,Tn.,Missouri,and thats just off the top of my head. Do you get the idea, we like to ride!
2011 started off with myself ,The Mad One, in Fl. for bike week. In the two weeks down south I was able to hook up with some inmates and road in the Ocala National Forrest one day. Followed by two days in the Sneads Fl. area. This was a total good time. Thank you very much; PK [the original sand flea] & Tree Man and a host of others at the sneads ride. All great inmates to spend seat time with.
While I was gone and week or two after my return two groups made tracks to freeman offroad resort in Missouri to play with Link. First group had good time even though Link put it to'em on the first uphill, Oh yah we usually go down that, I think was the quote. Second group had weather issues but still squeezed in some quality riding.
Then the big let down, Leaf River D.S. I think close to a dozen hands went up for who's going. But alas midwest spring time weather shut down this extremely well liked local event. I feel for the Forest City Riders but totally understand their position. We'll be there next time. Oh Ya next time!
This put us up to the present. Currently we have been chasing land owners and to date have about 28 OK's , just leaving a handful to still track down.
Started mowing madjackistan tonight. Meet'in tomorrow.

Next I'll talk about Memorial day weekend. Are you busy?

roost on
the MAD ONE
Old 05-12-2011, 05:44 AM   #5
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,940
South enduros were the last few years right? Those were fun, but relatively easy. North side was tougher. Also rode some of the trials events back in the early '90's.
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #6
Mad Jack OP
TOYS IN THE ATTIC

Mad jack's shindig may 27-30

2whlrcr glad to hear you were able to enjoy some of our past events. The north was tougher on average for sure. Some of it was literally in my back yard growing up. Land very sadly missed.

Wow mowing and brews last night must have killed some brain cells or maybe put them in a short term coma. Didn't mention the next ride.
Theilman, Minn. on May 21-22. Some B.P.s heading up there for riding. I haven't made this trip in the past but sounds like a blast. Horse and hiking trails open only twice a year for dirt bikes. That sounds tough to beat. If farming goes good I'm hooked up to go this year. Come on good planting weather.

MAD JACKS SHINDIG; what, camping and riding
where, near Morrison Il.
when, starting fri. May 27 at 6pm close of madjacks m/c
ending Mon. afternoon when the last dogs hung
This is a open to all, nonPC fun type event. Please post or pm me if your interested. Hello?? are you out there, do you like fun times camping and riding? Where are my front yard campers? Questions? More on this later.

Then comes June 4&5 Bixby Mo. national d.s. another first for me, but farmer and I secured entries for this. So its on, lets see how they do it in the show me state.
This should be 3 good ride'n weekends in a row,yowwza!

roost on and think about memorial day weekend
Mad Jack
Old 10-08-2011, 06:50 AM   #7
drjdvm
n00b

Oddometer: 3
So for the Nov 13th dual sport how loose is the street legality requirement? I have never ridden a dual sport and wanted to give it a try before investing in a second bike. I have a stock CRF250R so nothing street legal about it.

John
drjdvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:10 PM   #8
xcs301
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjdvm View Post
So for the Nov 13th dual sport how loose is the street legality requirement? I have never ridden a dual sport and wanted to give it a try before investing in a second bike. I have a stock CRF250R so nothing street legal about it.

John
You will be just fine with that set up for this ride
xcs301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:17 AM   #9
skrueg1
lets go ride bikes

Oddometer: 37
Is this still on?

I know this event is a ways off, but I haven't seen much regarding The Bitter End ride on Nov 13th. Is this still on? Who's putting this event on and where can I get more info? Thanks.
skrueg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #10
4-s-hsky
Just a simple farmer

Oddometer: 124
Still on

Yes the event is still a go. We are working on the course every weekend and things are shaping up harvest wise to provide lots of off road. Keep updated on our website at www.brushpoppersmc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrueg1 View Post
I know this event is a ways off, but I haven't seen much regarding The Bitter End ride on Nov 13th. Is this still on? Who's putting this event on and where can I get more info? Thanks.
4-s-hsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:23 PM   #11
skrueg1
lets go ride bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-s-hsky View Post
Yes the event is still a go. We are working on the course every weekend and things are shaping up harvest wise to provide lots of off road. Keep updated on our website at www.brushpoppersmc.com
Thanks. I'll keep checking back. Looking forward to it.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #12
andrewgore
Team MGH

Oddometer: 3,349
The corn field is lonely haha. We will see everyone in the morning. If I freeze in the truck, we got problems haha

Andrew Gore
andrewgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #13
skrueg1
lets go ride bikes

Ready for some fun

Ditto snowjob on all items sans the arena cross. Sounds like fun though. Don't stay out too late gentlemen. I was sweatin' the mileage/gas consumption 'til a few minutes ago. 44 is an easy number.
Anyway, I'll be in a black late model Dodge caravan pulling an open, flat trailer with '01 and '08 EXC 300s and hand warmers strategically placed. We're planning on getting there between 7 and 7:30.
Gore, you're so hard core. It shouldn't be too bad tonight if you can keep the truck from getting blown over. Only an overnight low of 46. Looking forward to meeting some of you clowns and getting some work done.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:16 PM   #14
andrewgore
Team MGH

Oddometer: 3,349
Nice getting to meet some of you guys. Moose, what happened on loop 2? I waited in pits for a half hour and couldn't wait any longer so I bolted out for loop 2.

First loop took 1:45 and missed a section.
Second loop took around 45 minutes lol, I latched ok to some guys hauling the mail. Helped me push myself a bit harder.

I'll work on video later. Dinner at in laws tonight.

Andrew Gore
andrewgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:58 PM   #15
Moose Dog
Trouble maker

Oddometer: 3,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgore View Post
Nice getting to meet some of you guys. Moose, what happened on loop 2? I waited in pits for a half hour and couldn't wait any longer so I bolted out for loop 2.

First loop took 1:45 and missed a section.
Second loop took around 45 minutes lol, I latched ok to some guys hauling the mail. Helped me push myself a bit harder.

I'll work on video later. Dinner at in laws tonight.

Andrew Gore
Well................After that first bottle neck, I was over dressed and we stopped and peeled a layer.

After that, I just took it easy, hooked up with Shaun and just tried to stay on course, didn't wanna over ride the bike and crash my brains out and get hurt.

Didn't really eat enough before the start and started to bonk near the end of the first loop, got off the bike and forced some food and Advil down, still was feeling funky and decided to call it a day.

To end this riding season with as much time as I spent on my dirtbikes and my 50 year old carcass still working good, I'm happy with that and will be back at it again this spring.
75' CB125S
02' CRF50
Moose Dog is offline   Reply With Quote