ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
SidewinderX OP
Hey, watch this!

Oddometer: 1,084
NW North Carolina- Foothills Rides and Dinners thread

After some conversation with a few inmates and also some interest shown by others, I am starting a new thread (the original was Piedmont NC thread) for our Northwest North Carolina foothills dinners and Ride events.

We hope to cover Inmates from Winston Salem to Boone (East - West) and from Sparta to Statesville (North - South) and anywhere in between. Elkin, Jefferson, Yadkinville, King, Lenoir, Hickory, Mocksville, etc. are all within a short ride to here, so hopefully we can get some good participation. ANYBODY IS WELCOME!!

Dinner has been established at Wilkesboro. They have anything from great BBQ to Sonic and it is a prime location to start rides from. We can also hit some prime sport touring roads or some nice dirt within 5-10 minutes from there.

Next Dinner is scheduled for August 18th at the Sonic in Wilkesboro.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
DEPARKER1817
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 606
I'll try to make it.
DEPARKER1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
KingJarhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,873
The time still set for 6:30? I hope/plan to be there.
Has there ever been any conversation or interest in setting up a tag game in the area described above? Like the Triangle tag, not to take anything away from the NCTOR.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
SidewinderX OP
Hey, watch this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJarhead View Post
The time still set for 6:30? I hope/plan to be there.
Has there ever been any conversation or interest in setting up a tag game in the area described above? Like the Triangle tag, not to take anything away from the NCTOR.
Yep, still 6:30. Location is up to the majority. During the summer months, it would be nice to ride more and eat less.... :)

Tag is cool! Set it and we shall start. Let's get some people out riding! It would also keep the thread near the top.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #5
SidewinderX OP
Hey, watch this!

I may ride up around Wilsons creek and Table Rock tomorrow. We could meet in Lenoir if anyone is interested. I am two up on a GS 650 so it will be an unusually docile pace for me.....
Old 08-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #6
Jamie

Oddometer: 1,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewinderX View Post
I may ride up around Wilsons creek and Table Rock tomorrow. We could meet in Lenoir if anyone is interested. I am two up on a GS 650 so it will be an unusually docile pace for me.....
I'll be up in that area tomorrow, too. I'll keep an eye out for ya.
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:15 PM   #7
kickstand72
i just ride.....

Oddometer: 221
Quote:
just got the klr buttoned up and ready to go. as soon as i can get of work i will give you a shout. pack the rain gear 50 percent chanceof no dust!
2004 YZ250F
kickstand72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:37 PM   #8
kickstand72
i just ride.....

Quote:
After some conversation with a few inmates and also some interest shown by others, I am starting a new thread (the original was Piedmont NC thread) for our Northwest North Carolina foothills dinners and Ride events.

We hope to cover Inmates from Winston Salem to Boone (East - West) and from Sparta to Statesville (North - South) and anywhere in between. Elkin, Jefferson, Yadkinville, King, Lenoir, Hickory, Mocksville, etc. are all within a short ride to here, so hopefully we can get some good participation. ANYBODY IS WELCOME!!

Dinner has been established at Wilkesboro. They have anything from great BBQ to Sonic and it is a prime location to start rides from. We can also hit some prime sport touring roads or some nice dirt within 5-10 minutes from there.

im planning to be there
2004 YZ250F
Old 08-14-2011, 09:26 PM   #9
Red F
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Are you talking the Sonic on 421, or the lesser known Sonic on 18 north?

www.redfstudios.com
Red F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:13 AM   #10
SidewinderX OP
Hey, watch this!

Good catch Red. The Sonic on Hwy 421 is the destination.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:37 PM   #11
hambone650rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Im in for the thursday dinner ride.Screw dinner eat before you get there LETS RIDE !! Look forward to thursday.....
hambone650rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #12
kickstand72
i just ride.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone650rider View Post
Im in for the thursday dinner ride.Screw dinner eat before you get there LETS RIDE !! Look forward to thursday.....
do you have a route in mind? i've been wanting to check out old 16. don't know if its dirt or paved though.
2004 YZ250F
Old 08-15-2011, 08:39 PM   #13
TLtrials
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
Quote:

Well I now know it is true...... Wilkesboro is the center of the universe as we know it...... We always ride to another town for dinner.

Quote:
i've been wanting to check out old 16. don't know if its dirt or paved though.
It is paved to the intersection of Roten Creek Rd, then dirt to with in 1/2 mile of the parkway at the Trading Post. Last time I was there it looks like the NCDOT has survey markers set so it will likely be paved in a couple of years.
TLtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:26 AM   #14
SidewinderX OP
Hey, watch this!

I hope that we are not too upset when we finally realize that Wilkesbura is not the center of the universe...

I do however hope to see you bring the Blue KTM out of hiding.

TLtrials, wanna lead a dirt route around your hometown sometime for us? I would love to see the Blue KTM emerge from its lair.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:22 PM   #15
TLtrials
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
Quote:
I hope that we are not too upset when we finally realize that Wilkesbura is not the center of the universe...

I do however hope to see you bring the Blue KTM out of hiding.

TLtrials, wanna lead a dirt route around your hometown sometime for us? I would love to see the Blue KTM emerge from its lair.
SidewinderX,
Wouldn't mind to do an evening small bike dual sport ride sometime, would be a mixture of trails, dirt, and pavement. Shoot me a PM and we can try to set something up.

This week is out for the small bike ride, my 570 goes to the shop on Thursday for a new FI map upgrade and I have plans this weekend.

I am kind of iffy this Thursday, I may ride my 950 and meet at sonic, if I can break free from some work need to get done before the weekend.

By the way, I noticed in your sig line the Ducati MT1200, Are you the one that has been seen in the 'Boro? I think I have meet you on the road a couple of times. If you see two to three identical black 950 adventures riding, I am typically one of them. My friends and I all think alike, which can be scary.....
TLtrials is offline   Reply With Quote