User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
Shoe OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
Looking for a BMW dealer

It appears the nearest dealer to the Stuart area is 441 Cycle Shop in Plantation. Does anyone have any feedback on these guys?
Shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #2
Celtic Curmudgeon
Indiana Jones wanabe

Oddometer: 274
I've been in a couple times, it's a family-run deal, and they were reasonably friendly and helpful. It wasn't like a typical 4-brand shop where the commission-only "floor whores" pounce on you the second you walk in, but they seem a lot better than the Miami dealership where I was treated like the Invisible Man.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
Shoe OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I can’t believe no one has anything good, bad or neutral to say about these guys, guess I will have to find out for myself when I move to the Stuart area in November.

I do my own maintenance so any dealer can supply parts but since I have a new bike if it needs any warranty work it would be nice to know the people working on it are good.

Does anyone know of a BMW dealer they would recommend in Southern or Central Florida?
Old 10-24-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
Shoe OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks Celtic, you posted that while I was typing my last post about no one having anything to say.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #5
RichardD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 498
!

I've rode all the way to Sarasota from Daytona to use "Haps". My friend just bought a bike from them and he came from Savanah. Same owners for 50 years. They will treat you right.
RichardD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:21 AM   #6
Celtic Curmudgeon
Indiana Jones wanabe

Oddometer: 274
Something else to keep in mind...

Can't vouch for him, but there is a guy who advertises on the South Florida Craigslist "House Call" BMW maintenance. The ad pops up every other week or so. 441 Cycles is busy every time I"m in there, and just an observation, they appear to be wel-engaged with customers. I was looking at GSA and talking to a girl who worked there and told her about my experience of being ignored in the Miami store, she just smiled and said "Yeah, we hear that a lot."
Old 10-26-2011, 05:59 PM   #7
TAS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 490
No complaints regarding 441 BMW. I've heard otherwise but have not had any issues myself.
TAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #8
SkiFly01
Govna Racepipe

Oddometer: 579
I've had good luck with the dealer in Orlando. Parts guy has been there fore years and knows his stuff, plus the head mechanic for BMW will work with you on small things and help you out when he can.
SkiFly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #9
rider1150gsadv
€ Fl Keys Fishing Guide €

Oddometer: 5,912
Laugh

I have dealt with 441 for many years and I like them. The owner is a character but can get testy if asked the same question 3 different ways. I would too BTW... They are fair with prices and discount items from time to time as well.
Miami BMW sucks and I would not set foot in that place even if I got paid.
rider1150gsadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #10
Sahuite
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
Good to find this thread - I was just going to put out feelers for a BMW shop near Wellington and found it. Thanks.
Sahuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #11
3spoke
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
441 Cycle did my 600 mile service. Small shop & friendly folks.

John
Old 11-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #12
Florida Lime
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,070
I tried to buy my BMW in Florida last year, but no one was going to have what I wanted by the time I needed it.
I even went to Daytona when the salesman said they would have the one they ordered in two weeks. When I learned that two weeks was actually about 6 weeks, since they had actually had not ordered one yet, I called Max in NH, and they delivered what I wanted to my door.

When it was time for my 600 mile service, I did go to the 441 Shop. They were polite and friendly, without being pushy. They were a bit surprised I had the 30th anniversary edition GSA, because they still hadn't got one in yet.
Price for the service was reasonable, and all was good....

....until I left, went the 2 miles down the road, and got on the highway. I happened to look down, and saw a 2 inch scratch through to bare metal on the "gas tank" (cover). I called them up when I got home (85 miles north), and they were pretty nonchalant about it, no apology or anything. Almost silence on the other end of the line. Irritating, but it was only a scratch that I covered up with a tank protector ( a little late )

I did the 6000 mile service myself, but later, on the last leg of a Florida to Texas to NC to Florida trip, the bike started leaking oil near the cam tensioner bolt on the left side. I stopped at BMW Atlanta (on the way), and they said it was still pretty minor, and I'd have no trouble making it home, if that was what I preferred to do.

I made an appointment with the 441 Shop when I got home, and they did the warrantee repair. They asked if they should do the 12,000 mile service first, since I had about 11,500 miles on the bike. I told them that since that wouldn't fix the oil leak, no - I was going to do the 12,000 mile service.
"You'll need the computer." "No I won't, I have a GS911." "oh."

Leak was fixed, but when I was doing the 12,000 mile service, I found that one of the OEM throttle body clamps had been replaced with a standard hose clamp. An already RUSTY, hose clamp.

In other words - nice place, friendly staff up front, but I'm not so sure about the help in back. Not many choices around here, though.

Shoe - pm me when you get to Stuart - I'm only a couple miles west over the 'river'. Palm City too- I saw in the other thread that is where you'll be.
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S -- Going, still for sale.

Florida Lime screwed with this post 11-05-2011 at 09:58 AM
Florida Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #13
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,785
Fook, mang! That sucks.

That's one of the reasons I learn to service all my bikes and cars. I'd hate to pay money to get crap work done. That's not to say that there aren't good mechanics around. I just don't trust them.

Same goes for home maintenance... I now know how to tile, replace windows, doors, cabinets, drywall, remodel bathrooms, etc, etc, etc... (and it wasn't by choice).

Not many contractors that are worth a shit around here to do a good job.

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #14
Hegs
n00b

Oddometer: 7
House Call BMW Guy

His name is Vinni and he's a competant mechanic. Prefers working on the GS over my R1200R but he's done work for me. He's reliable and a genuinely good guy. His email should you choose to contact him is: dasvinni@yahoo.com. Yup, he's German. I dont believe he has the computer diagnostic tool though. He's based in Pompano but he comes to you.
Hegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #15
DirtMerchant
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,462
Don't forget about the guys in Fort Myers at Gulf Coast Motorcycles Good guys and gals who care about their customers.

I bought my RT at BMW Motorcycles of Miami, I won't be going back there for anything again; that's all I have to say about that.....
2011 R1200RT Polar
DirtMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote