ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 06:21 AM   #1
Knobbiethrower OP
ADV in ADK
 
Knobbiethrower's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Where I am
Oddometer: 1,218
Fuzeblock FZ1 mounting

Looking for ideas/suggestions for location and mounting this fuseblock on a 990 adv

http://blackdogadvbikes.com/black-do.../275-1152.html

Thanks in advance!
__________________
2013 KTM 990 Baja
2011 Husaberg FE 570
Knobbiethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #2
Dagwood_55
Beastly Adventurer
 
Dagwood_55's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: The Ozarks
Oddometer: 1,325
I put mine in the glove box between the tanks.
__________________
Live long, love much, laugh often, and
Ride, Ride, Ride.....
Dagwood_55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
mOtO_man
Adventurer
 
mOtO_man's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Oddometer: 11
my Fuzeblock mount

I put in on the right of the bike. Had to cut out some plastic on the inside of the right fairing for it to fit. The benefit of it being here is that it can easily be accessed and viewed. It did not go in the glove compartment because all the wires would have had to be removed to remove the glovebox....a pain for doing maintenance.



mOtO_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
torinreality
metaconscious
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mOtO_man View Post
...It did not go in the glove compartment because all the wires would have had to be removed to remove the glovebox....a pain for doing maintenance.
I put mine in the glovebox, too, but I went to some effort to ensure I could remove the Fuzeblock without unwiring anything. Unfortunately the bike's in storage, so I can't post pictures right now, but here's a description of what I did:

1) Cut a hole in the bottom of the glovebox...bigger than the short dimension of the Fuzeblock ,but smaller than the long dimenion. This means the Fuzeblock will slip through the hole, but only sideways.
2) Fabricate an aluminum mounting plate that's bigger than the Fuzeblock in only the long dimension. Thus the mounting plate will also slip through the hole, but also only sideways. The extra aluminum along the two Fuzeblock sides gives me something to mount to the glovebox.
3) Mount Fuzeblock to plate with stock Fuzeblock mounting points (underneath).
4) Bolt mounting plate to bottom of glovebox using Dzus fasteners (with standard sportbike bodywork clips that grab the plastic glovebox bottom).

I'll try to take pictures and post them. If you're interested in the above and my description doesn't make sense, message me.
torinreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #5
CharlieFox
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: SLC, Utah
Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by torinreality View Post
I put mine in the glovebox, too, but I went to some effort to ensure I could remove the Fuzeblock without unwiring anything. Unfortunately the bike's in storage, so I can't post pictures right now, but here's a description of what I did:

1) Cut a hole in the bottom of the glovebox...bigger than the short dimension of the Fuzeblock ,but smaller than the long dimenion. This means the Fuzeblock will slip through the hole, but only sideways.
2) Fabricate an aluminum mounting plate that's bigger than the Fuzeblock in only the long dimension. Thus the mounting plate will also slip through the hole, but also only sideways. The extra aluminum along the two Fuzeblock sides gives me something to mount to the glovebox.
3) Mount Fuzeblock to plate with stock Fuzeblock mounting points (underneath).
4) Bolt mounting plate to bottom of glovebox using Dzus fasteners (with standard sportbike bodywork clips that grab the plastic glovebox bottom).

I'll try to take pictures and post them. If you're interested in the above and my description doesn't make sense, message me.
Have taken any pics of your install?
CharlieFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
75monza
Gnarly Adventurer
 
75monza's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: The Palouse
Oddometer: 329
+1

This is exactly what I did. You can strip all the plastics and the tank from the bike and not have to undo any wiring at all.

I am weird. I use my glove box for storing little things like my parking pass and holding onto my phone or what not if I need to charge it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mOtO_man View Post
I put in on the right of the bike. Had to cut out some plastic on the inside of the right fairing for it to fit. The benefit of it being here is that it can easily be accessed and viewed. It did not go in the glove compartment because all the wires would have had to be removed to remove the glovebox....a pain for doing maintenance.


__________________
2006 KTM 950 Adventure - Go Everywhere Bike
1993 Suzuki GSX1100G - Street Touring Shafty
2000 Suzuki DR200 - A Little Smaller
75monza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #7
EZ300
Studly Adventurer
 
EZ300's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: ARIDZONA
Oddometer: 982
Wiring up my fuzeblock and don't know which wire to tap into for switched power.

Anybody got a pic or can you point me in the right direction?




.... Is Acc 2 only hot when key is on?

EZ
__________________
EZ
AMRA
2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 530 XC-W Six Days
www.rockstarsmc.com

EZ300 screwed with this post 01-26-2013 at 02:13 PM
EZ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #8
batovif
Adventurer
 
batovif's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: quebec,canada
Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ300 View Post
Wiring up my fuzeblock and don't know which wire to tap into for switched power.

Anybody got a pic or can you point me in the right direction?




.... Is Acc 2 only hot when key is on?

EZ
ACC2 is switched and ACC1 is always on.
batovif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:11 AM   #9
Sporting Wood
I <3 Energizer Bunny
 
Sporting Wood's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Horneytown, NC
Oddometer: 892
With 2 accessory circuits already built into the bike, I'm sorta wondering why there's a need for a fuse block?

Is this just a BMW thing?

Can a mod move this to GSpot?
Sporting Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #10
EZ300
Studly Adventurer
 
EZ300's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: ARIDZONA
Oddometer: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporting Wood View Post
With 2 accessory circuits already built into the bike, I'm sorta wondering why there's a need for a fuse block?

Is this just a BMW thing?

Can a mod move this to GSpot?
It simplifies the wiring process when running multiple accessories.
Gps, additional lights, heated grips, heated clothing,...

BMW thing?,...
__________________
EZ
AMRA
2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 530 XC-W Six Days
www.rockstarsmc.com
EZ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:12 AM   #11
Roeligan
Belgium power!!!
 
Roeligan's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Belgium
Oddometer: 504
mounting

work in progress, but this is what I'm doing:



used the aux switched too to switch the power.
Mainline directly from pos plug right side of the bike (still needs a single connector attached).
Running the ground to the frame.
Connects:
  • heated grips
  • aux lights
  • gps
  • tripy (electronic roadbook)
  • hazard light blinkers controller
  • 1 spare atm
__________________
KTM 990 Adventure (Stealth one ; 2008-), now S-d & Beta 350 RR 2013 to play with
Suzuki DL-1000 V-Strom (2004-2008) and Suzuki GSF 600 Bandit (2002-2006)
www.roeligan.net
Roeligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:33 AM   #12
Orangecicle
Beastly Adventurer
 
Orangecicle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Oddometer: 2,332
I put mine in the glovebox. That has worked out fine. The only concern that I had was working around the wires in a "field" repair. But even that has worked out. Here I am stripping the bike in Colorado to fix the carbs. I just used a strap to hold up the glovebox as I worked on the carbs. No real problem at all.

__________________
"I'd like to meet the joker who had the nerve to call this a road!" -- Walter Sigmann
"Gravity is a very fickle mistress." -- Unknown
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/brad.horn.9
Orangecicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #13
Motard_Menace
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Motard_Menace's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Phoenix
Oddometer: 307
The nine-fifty I just purchased has the fuse block behind the upper headlight/fairing assembly. There is quite a bit of room up there. It is similar to the pics posted but the previous owner fasted it with zip ties on the inside of the bracket. I will try to get some pics later and ad them to the this post for reference.

Here is a pic for the placement of the fuse block that was on my bike when purchased. Not as fancy as the ones on here but an old CanBus setup.

Photobucket




Motard_Menace screwed with this post 02-07-2012 at 01:06 PM Reason: Added Pic
Motard_Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #14
PS-RagE
Studly Adventurer
 
PS-RagE's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Northern Ontario
Oddometer: 601
I also put mine in the glovebox:



__________________
A. Dale McLean
aka PS-RagE

2007 Beta REV3 270
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
PS-RagE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #15
torinreality
metaconscious
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Oddometer: 57
I love the Fuzeblock, BTW. So awesome to be able to change circuits from switched to "always on" and back again.
torinreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014