User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
windburn OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,187
Amerivespa 2012

Dudes and Dudets, I have booked myself for Amerivespa 2012 June 21-24,2012 to be held at Lake Geneva, Wis.
This is my first time attending an Amerivespa. I'm looking forward to it. I'm ridding my Silver Wing the 350 miles. I'm riding with another inmate. We will use highways 127 N. In western Ohio, US 30 west all the way past Chicago to plainville. N on 59 to 12 into Geneva Lakes. I'm looking forward to the trip. We will begin on Thursday June 21. Our plan is to gets some distance on Thursday and finish with a morning ride on Friday. We are two scoots a gray Silver Wing and a blue Piaggio x9. Where happy to Have others going to Amerivespa join in the ride. We cruise along at about 65 MPH.
windburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
bandito2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
There will be four of us (so far) that will be leaving Ann Arbor Michigan Thursday, June 21 in the morning. A guy on his Burgman 400, two ladies on their 150cc Vespas, and myself on my red Honda Reflex (250cc) pulling my little trailer. We will be riding as a group so the ladies on their 150cc Vespas pretty much takes expressways out of the route planning. We already have rooms booked at Harbor Shores. This will be my first AmeriVespa attendance as well. It should be fun. Apparently there will be a Guiness Book of World Records attempt at the most scooters in a parade. Fellow inmates should find it fairly easy to pick me and my red Reflex scooter with companion trailer "Roamin' Chariot" out of the crowd. Come around, check it out and say howdy.
"Darkside" Honda Reflex. "Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."
bandito2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #3
Twisted Martini
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
I'll be riding up from Indy on my Blue TMAX (Blu Martini) and have already pre-registered. I'm trying to get as many hooligans from these parts to go as I can. Can't wait!
Twisted Martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
windburn OP
Beastly Adventurer

Roamin' Chariot

Bandit2 that trailer of yours is outstanding. I look forwad to getting a good look at your Chariot. We are booked for the harbor shores as well.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:04 AM   #5
=retread=
more MPG

Oddometer: 124
i'll have to ride down there one of those days to check it out. any one know which day the record attempt is?
=retread= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by groo-v-1 View Post
i'll have to ride down there one of those days to check it out. any one know which day the record attempt is?
Saturday 8 a.m.

Full schedule at http://amerivespa.org/schedule.html

I've pre-registered and will be riding in on a BV 500ie from Breckenridge, CO. I'll probably leave on the 18th and I'm trying to decide whether to arrive on the evening of the 20th or morning of the 21st. Going back I'm thinking of detouring through Mt. Rushmore.
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #7
Saltydog86
village idiot

Oddometer: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by windburn View Post
Dudes and Dudets, I have booked myself for Amerivespa 2012 June 21-24,2012 to be held at Lake Geneva, Wis.
This is my first time attending an Amerivespa. I'm looking forward to it. I'm ridding my Silver Wing the 350 miles. I'm riding with another inmate. We will use highways 127 N. In western Ohio, US 30 west all the way past Chicago to plainville. N on 59 to 12 into Geneva Lakes. I'm looking forward to the trip. We will begin on Thursday June 21. Our plan is to gets some distance on Thursday and finish with a morning ride on Friday. We are two scoots a gray Silver Wing and a blue Piaggio x9. Where happy to Have others going to Amerivespa join in the ride. We cruise along at about 65 MPH.
We will have 3 scoots there. I'm trailering them behind my rv the tough 82 miles :) Where is everybody staying at?

Some advice on your route...
Rt 30 from Valpo, IN to 59 can take you thru some shitty areas, I would go further south to same time and cultural experiences. If you went further west to rt 47 instead of 59 you would like it much better.
05 Yamaha XT225
03 Honda Goldwing GL1800
Saltydog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #8
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Well I booked my hotel on Hotwire - the 3 star $133 per night mystery hotel turned out to be the Holiday Inn Vacation Resort accross the street from Lake Geneva Resort where the banquet will be held Sat night - means I can indulge in an adult beverage or more.
Aparently that's a 1 bedroom condo for that rate too. Since it is a non-refundable rate looks like I'm definitely committed.

cdwise screwed with this post 05-12-2012 at 02:38 PM Reason: updated info
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #9
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,555
I will bomb over on my PCX for the parade. It is a little over an hour away. Midwest Action Cycle is where I purchased my scoot. Sounds like fun! Can't overnight in Lake Geneva because Sunday morn I leave on a three week western bike trip.
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #10
OKC99
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
I can't go all the way to WI, but I am in Bloomington,IN and wouldn't might doing a pre-ride along side others who will be driving through the Indy area.
OKC99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #11
Saltydog86
village idiot

Oddometer: 1,027
Zebra Zuma is ready for Amerivespa

05 Yamaha XT225
03 Honda Goldwing GL1800
Saltydog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #12
windburn OP
Beastly Adventurer

The Ribbon of Tar

At 6:30 am I will fire up the Silver Wing and meet up with the usual suspects for the 1000 mile ride to Geneva Lake Wisconsin. The ride will be 400 miles North East, 200 plus miles riding the Ribbon of Tar around Lake Geneva and 400 miles back home. Four twisted souls will be plying North as fast a the Prez on his vespa ET4 can fly. We are the Gem City Rollers Scooter Club from Dayton Ohio. We are in fact age advantaged as we are all over 60 which was the old 50. Aleve should sponsor this ride. The Prez just installed an electric fuel pump and he reports that it is running better then every. We of course will know by tomorrow. Captain has routed us along US 30 past Chicago then North to the land of milk and butter. Captain is our youngster so we will allow him to lead to get experience leading the lost souls. Just in case we will all dial in our GPMs so we can argue about which ones right. Bernie is on his first long scooter ride he is excited and we have not told him about butt pain yet, well just let him discover it for himself. Now Sargent has a good plan for that, you get off the scoot every hour and walk, gas walk, rest area walk etc. Some where around Chicago we will tell him about Airhawk. Seems only fair!.

Windburn

Old 06-21-2012, 12:02 AM   #13
zoid
Dirty Old Hippie

Oddometer: 1,198
My wife is there with the local scooter club from Lincoln Nebraska-Scoot to Thrill. They headed out on Tuesday morning and arrived Thursday afternoon. She said there were over 800 scooterista registered for this. So, if you see a white-haired Grandma riding a black Piaggio MP500 with spider webbing on the windscreen, say hi to my wife, Mary.
zoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #14
windburn OP
Beastly Adventurer

The passing of our club President

We suffer a fatality with our group at Amerivespa. After arriving in Lake Geneva our club president was riding to the registration with a fellow rider in our group, While make a slow corner in the city he suffers a heart attack, fell and did not respond to CPR given by citizens, paramedics or the emergency room. We are just trying to grasp the magnitude of what has happened.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #15
RTinNC
RT to GS in NC

Oddometer: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by windburn View Post
We suffer a fatality with our group at Amerivespa. After arriving in Lake Geneva our club president was riding to the registration with a fellow rider in our group, While make a slow corner in the city he suffers a heart attack, fell and did not respond to CPR given by citizens, paramedics or the emergency room. We are just trying to grasp the magnitude of what has happened.
Windburn ... that is awful! So sorry to hear of the loss of not only your prez but someone who sounded like a good friend. You have my deepest sympathy!

2006 R1200RT - Granite Gray
2012 R1200GSA - Magma Red!
RTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote