User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
Friday1 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Stockbridge, Mich

Stockbridge, Michigan's All Makes Rally happens each year in mid September. The town is located north of Chelsea and north west of Ann Arbor. It is a town with a courthouse and a church in the town square. The locals are friendly and the day was perfect. Left Toledo about 8am with a buddy I have been riding with for over 40 years. It was a cool crisp early autumn morning. The local wildlife was either flat-raccons, possums and skunks or on the run, one medium buck deer and half a dozen wild turkey on Michigan's smooth wide Route 52. We got to Stockbridge at about 930 and ate the great breakfast buffet at the town square church. The vendors were setting up and the smell of BBQ was in the air. The thing my buddy and I really enjoy about this kind of rally is all the different kinds of bikes. If you are a gearhead it is enough to feed that need for sure. You see anything and everything. Every year I get to see my friend Dave with his outstanding Hannigan sidecar outfit on a ZX 14 Kaw. This year he offered me a ride. Dave is a very experienced sidecar driver who has done the Tail of the Dragon numerous times and lived to tell about it. He took me out into the hilly Michigan countryside and it was a HOOT! We went around some corners and turns alot faster than a single bike could. I'm sure he will notice my fingerprints still embedded in the OH S#^T Bar you hold onto in the car. When we got back he was looking at the handlbar plate I made up for my ZZR1200 Kaw to get the bars higher and back further to get out of the crouch the stock setup gives you. He also liked my safety wire and flat white paintjob. I made it home solo over 75 miles in just under an hour. A perfect day.

Rick in Ohio
Friday1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
motoretro
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 497
I was also there on my DR from 90 miles North. Perfect weather. Hope it remains a good event. Next time, check out "Mike's Deli" in Chelsea, great sandwiches and soup.
Motoretro
motoretro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
Friday1 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
[QUOTE=motoretro;19608399]I was also there on my DR from 90 miles North. Perfect weather. Hope it remains a good event. Next time, check out "Mike's Deli" in Chelsea, great sandwiches and soup.

It was a perfect day for sure. If you want to hit another great restaurant, try Rich's Cafe in New Haven, Indiana. On Main Street by the railroad tracks. It would be a jam for you but worth it. Just east of Ft. Wayne. We go there for breakfast sometimes. You can ck out NEW Route 24, a great road just opened between Napoleon and Ft. Wayne.

Friday1 screwed with this post 09-16-2012 at 08:24 PM Reason: more info
Friday1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
motoretro
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 497
Thanks for the tip on Rich's Cafe. I will be down in that area in the next month possibly and will give it a try.
Motoretro

[QUOTE=Friday1;19609437]
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoretro View Post
I was also there on my DR from 90 miles North. Perfect weather. Hope it remains a good event. Next time, check out "Mike's Deli" in Chelsea, great sandwiches and soup.

It was a perfect day for sure. If you want to hit another great restaurant, try Rich's Cafe in New Haven, Indiana. On Main Street by the railroad tracks. It would be a jam for you but worth it. Just east of Ft. Wayne. We go there for breakfast sometimes. You can ck out NEW Route 24, a great road just opened between Napoleon and Ft. Wayne.
motoretro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #5
SacredWarrior
n00b

Oddometer: 9
I was also there, It was my first longer ride on my new R1200 GSA
It was nice to see all the different brands represented.
SacredWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:54 PM   #6
two trackin fool
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,233
Will this be on the 3rd this year I'm guessing ?