ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
teizms OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,723
Intermot & a new GS

Am i the first person from USA to sit on the new GS????



Exclusive closeups not available anywhere - u r welcome :)




















yes its on the other side - your old luggage just became useless ( kind of like the new plug on the iphone 5)










































































teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
tattoogunman
Studly Adventurer
 
tattoogunman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 583
It's purdy, but I could also buy a car for what it costs
tattoogunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Oddometer: 1,828
It will be

"Bike of the Year..." That is my prediction anyway. I am surprised they threw the exhaust on the right side, now they need to re-tool all new luggage- not just at BMW, but ALL the aftermarket companies...!
I like what they did, I just don't understand the exhaust thing- plus it mucks up the beautiful FD view!
hankgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #4
Roam
If you want to
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: NoVA
Oddometer: 1,049
I mostly like it better than the current version but it's just too busy.
__________________
http://www.twowheelsgood.net




Roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #5
genka
SUV hater
 
genka's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Baltimore, MD
Oddometer: 1,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoogunman View Post
It's purdy, but I could also buy a car for what it costs
you could. But why would you want to do it?
__________________
.

Форум мотоциклистов в США http://www.xytopok.net/mvnforum/listthreads?forum=31
genka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #6
Beemerlover
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Oddometer: 331
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoogunman View Post
It's purdy, but I could also buy a car for what it costs
Just how much DO the new GS's cost anyway?
Beemerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #7
k1w1t1m
Kiwi
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: NW Arkansas
Oddometer: 908
Is that the oil level sight glass I see behind the exhaust on the same side as the filler?
__________________
It's all for Jesus, CMA Faith Riders, Chapter 732

'01 BMW R1150GS
k1w1t1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #8
pcwirepro
Aspiring Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: State of confusion
Oddometer: 282
1200?

Where's the 50. As in 1250. Maybe I just can't see it. No coolant lines that I could see, pretty edgy looking machine. I hope the market gets flooded with lightly used 1200's.
pcwirepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #9
cozmo2312
Canyon Carver
 
cozmo2312's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: SLC, Utah
Oddometer: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcwirepro View Post
Where's the 50. As in 1250. Maybe I just can't see it. No coolant lines that I could see, pretty edgy looking machine. I hope the market gets flooded with lightly used 1200's.
i'll sell you mine

i've got brake and LED envy, lol
__________________
2014 BMW R1200GSW

My Prints for sale
cozmo2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #10
Beemerlover
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Oddometer: 331
I just can't figure out how they're gonna put a big gas tank on the ADV models - if they even produce them in the future. I guess they'll figure something out though.

Still glad I went with a '13 GSA TB at this point though - better the devil you know, IMHO!

FWIW, I really do like the looks and all of the new features (if they don't cause more problems than they supposedly solve) of the new GS except for that "spork-beak" and the headlight, which to me are just downright hideous.
Beemerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:52 AM   #11
teizms OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerlover View Post
I just can't figure out how they're gonna put a big gas tank on the ADV models - if they even produce them in the future. I guess they'll figure something out though.

Still glad I went with a '13 GSA TB at this point though - better the devil you know, IMHO!

FWIW, I really do like the looks and all of the new features (if they don't cause more problems than they supposedly solve) of the new GS except for that "spork-beak" and the headlight, which to me are just downright hideous.
rnt they selling more ADV versions than the regular one.. i am pretty sure they will be some sort of adv version
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #12
Aircooled911
n00b
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Oddometer: 5
Just seems like way too much is going on. There doesnt seem to be a line for the eye to follow. Bike seems chopped up and hard to focus on. Also dont like how you can see a screw right on the air scoop. Couldnt they have hidden that or designed differently to avoid seeing it?
Aircooled911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #13
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin
 
oalvarez's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: CA HWY 2
Oddometer: 2,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircooled911 View Post
Just seems like way too much is going on. There doesnt seem to be a line for the eye to follow. Bike seems chopped up and hard to focus on. Also dont like how you can see a screw right on the air scoop. Couldnt they have hidden that or designed differently to avoid seeing it?
upright ADV type bikes are typically far from beautiful. ducati 916s they are not

having said that, i am really liking what i see.
__________________
2014 Ducati MTS1200S
2012 Vespa 300 Super
past: Ducatis, Aprilias, Moto Guzzis, a Husky, KTM 1290 SDR, and some BMWs as well.
oalvarez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #14
EJ_92606
Rider
 
EJ_92606's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Oddometer: 1,779
Thanks for posting...so what do you think after sitting on it and seeing it up close?
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:56 AM   #15
teizms OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
Thanks for posting...so what do you think after sitting on it and seeing it up close?
its feel more compact. not as wide and huge - at least compared to my regular ol 05 GS. if my "feeling" is correct than thats a good thing. My wife pointed out that the seats also seem smaller (esp the pillion).
looks wise i think its a good progression of the current designs.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014