Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
Wasca OP
Adventurized!

Oddometer: 570
Question Off Road Rider Training

Hi All

I'm very new motorcycle riding, in fact I did my first long ride yesterday on my brand new 2013 Kawasaki KLR650, it has not even been fully broken in yet. I'm looking for someone or a group of someone's that would be willing to show me the ropes when it comes to riding off road on my KLR.

I know that there a few inmates around here that are fairly new to the sport who may feel a little intimidated by the off road experience as I am. Maybe if we got together and met with some willing proficient riders we could all learn to make full use of our awesome machines.

I'm located on the north side Brisbane Australia, I'm aware that there are plenty of great off road locations close to me, but I just don't know where.

I'm a good listener, keen to learn and willing to give things a try, I'd like to match this up with a group of other novices and a willing teacher to help us all out.

So this is a shout-out to all you pro riders who'd like to take myself and maybe a few other newbies under their wing and show us how the pro's do it. If you're interested in being taught or interested in doing the teaching, post up in this thread and we'll see if we can get something happening.

Thanks all, God Bless and ride safe.

Wasca
Wasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
Tiggs
Dreamin of Adventure

Oddometer: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasca View Post
Hi All

I'm very new motorcycle riding, in fact I did my first long ride yesterday on my brand new 2013 Kawasaki KLR650, it has not even been fully broken in yet. I'm looking for someone or a group of someone's that would be willing to show me the ropes when it comes to riding off road on my KLR.

I know that there a few inmates around here that are fairly new to the sport who may feel a little intimidated by the off road experience as I am. Maybe if we got together and met with some willing proficient riders we could all learn to make full use of our awesome machines.

I'm located on the north side Brisbane Australia, I'm aware that there are plenty of great off road locations close to me, but I just don't know where.

I'm a good listener, keen to learn and willing to give things a try, I'd like to match this up with a group of other novices and a willing teacher to help us all out.

So this is a shout-out to all you pro riders who'd like to take myself and maybe a few other newbies under their wing and show us how the pro's do it. If you're interested in being taught or interested in doing the teaching, post up in this thread and we'll see if we can get something happening.

Thanks all, God Bless and ride safe.

Wasca
Welcome and congrats on your purchase. Keep an eye out for the Snail Trail Rides organized by inmates on this forum. They are usually run on the Northside of Brissy for less confident riders!

2011 Yamaha XT660R
1996 Yamaha TRX850
Tiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #3
Wasca OP
Adventurized!

Hi Tiggs

Thanks for the advice.

I subscribed to the Snail Trails thread a few weeks back only to find out that most of the guys involved in it have moved on or not as active as in the past. Have had a few words with B1 who suggested I post something up.

P.S. Woot! this post just graduated me from n00b to Adventurer :-)
Old 10-28-2012, 02:36 AM   #4
Tiggs
Dreamin of Adventure

I would like to help you, but I'm travelling around Oz and currently in Broome, not back till early next year.

2011 Yamaha XT660R
1996 Yamaha TRX850
Old 10-28-2012, 02:39 AM   #5
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,810
And you don't have a bike.

xronly
Cruz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:05 AM   #6
WILL_S
OUTLAW POSTIE 001

Oddometer: 2,117
Black klr?
Were you on the side of the road at narangba yesterday?
I'm no pro but sometimes head out on exploration rides on the northside
A few beginners rides pop up around here
Old 10-28-2012, 05:05 AM   #7
Wasca OP
Adventurized!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILL_S View Post
Black klr?
Were you on the side of the road at narangba yesterday?
I'm no pro but sometimes head out on exploration rides on the northside
A few beginners rides pop up around here
Hi Will_S

Yes that was me I did notice a couple of other bikes riding around me. I was not lost, I was looking for my riding buddy who took the wrong turn. It started getting dark and there was a storm brewing so I just headed off home (not too far from where I was) and then called him when got home. He was all good, he was more concerned about me.

Message me if your going on a ride that you think will suit my skill level, I need all the practice I can get.

Wasca screwed with this post 10-28-2012 at 05:22 AM
Old 10-28-2012, 05:40 AM   #8
Tiggs
Dreamin of Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
And you don't have a bike.

2011 Yamaha XT660R
1996 Yamaha TRX850
Old 10-28-2012, 05:40 AM   #9
Lupine128
That's MR Band Aid!

Oddometer: 945
Pm me and we'll sort something out.
I've been meaning to do another snail trail ride for a while but today was the first time in a month I've even been able to see a dirt road.
How about a Sunday ride from dayboro through mt mee to woodford for lunch and then back again? Leave at 9 back by 2 includingb a few stops and lunch at the woodford bakery.
We can work out a Sunday in the next fortnight I'm sure.

Dropped from full Team F5 sponsorship due to family commitments.
Stupid family.
Lupine128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #10
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Oddometer: 1,710
MickD does beginers rides on a regular basis and knows his shit - keep an eye on his posts
Old 10-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #11
Young-Gun
KTM Tragic

Oddometer: 714
I've been on a ride where MickD did the leading:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=832765

Hats off to him, as B2 said, definitely a great rider and full of great advice and patience! I am very keen to go riding again soon...

Ryan
Young-Gun is offline   Reply With Quote