ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
lhanson OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: CA
Oddometer: 44
2013 Ktm 690 Enduro R

http://www.ktm.com/us/enduro/690-end...l#.UKKAts0f1sg

Looks like there will be a Ktm 690 Enduro R coming to states for 2013. Any ideas on specs or when it will hit the states? Msrp?
lhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
wsmc831
Studly Adventurer
 
wsmc831's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Central Oregon
Oddometer: 652
Probably be the same as 2012 enduro r sold in the states.
__________________
97 TL1000S
2010 690 EnduroR
2013 500 Exc
wsmc831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
lhanson OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: CA
Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsmc831 View Post
Probably be the same as 2012 enduro r sold in the states.
Ill be so bummed if there isnt any "upgrades" on 2013 because all the 2012s just got blown out for $9500!
lhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
ramjet
Beastly Adventurer
 
ramjet's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Super F'd Up N. California
Oddometer: 2,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhanson View Post
Ill be so bummed if there isnt any "upgrades" on 2013 because all the 2012s just got blown out for $9500!
Here's your upgrade: MSRP $13,199
__________________
Coffee first. Then your mundane socialist bullshit.. Lenny Bruce
ramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
D.T.
One wheel wonder...
 
D.T.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Moneyapolis, MN
Oddometer: 10,097


$13 large for a dirt bike?
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by burgerking So?
Holland is about the most expensive country in Europe when it comes to bikes and fuel..Stop whining and go riding It's just money and you only live once...
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:30 PM   #6
modeselector
Common as muck
 
modeselector's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Washington USA
Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post


$13 large for a dirt bike?
He's you
modeselector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #7
Pantah
Patriot Nation?
 
Pantah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: India Wharf
Oddometer: 10,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post


$13 large for a dirt bike?
I'm in mine $13400 including T&L, all the farkles like luggage, comfort items and new riding gear.

That's about a grand more than I put into my 950 back in 2004. Heck the real KTM dirt bikes are only a few hundred less than the 690. It's a bargain!
__________________
Straight ahead and faster -Bo Weaver 1970
"There I was..." -Griffin Niner Three Hotel
"One day closer to a parade..." Jonny Gomes, spring training 2013
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:01 AM   #8
MrHix
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MrHix's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: MO
Oddometer: 389
The only changes I can see don't seem to make sense: 8 lbs lighter and seat height 1" lower??? I think KTM would have highlighted both of these items.

Cheers,

MrHix
MrHix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:30 AM   #9
Oldbear
Don't want a pickle
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Fin Land
Oddometer: 208
2013 seat height of 910 mm should be the same as in 12 models, KTM had the wrong seat height in 2012 model specs.

As for the weight...2011 Enduro R was 138,5 kg, 2012 they reported 142 kg and now they go back to 138,5 kg. Probably the marketing department just goofed up with copy-pasting.
Oldbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #10
wsmc831
Studly Adventurer
 
wsmc831's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Central Oregon
Oddometer: 652
I bought mine in April. There were 2 or 3 in Socal, new at the time, dealers wanted nearly 13k out the door. I found a 2010 with low miles in Bellingham, WA. Friend bought one 2 weeks later, and the only one in the pacific nw for sale was a new 12, 11k+ out the door. Most dealers were only ordering 1, maybe 2 at the time per year.

Looks like there are several used ones in Socal currently.

They will never be as popular as a 400 because most people don't want to spend that much, and Ktm doesn't make that many.

The fact they didn't bring in an SMC, and with it being so easy to throw a set of 17's on them certainly made them more desireable.

Can't imagine this one will last even though it's an 09 and he has it listed as 08.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/3402247988.html
__________________
97 TL1000S
2010 690 EnduroR
2013 500 Exc
wsmc831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
lhanson OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: CA
Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsmc831 View Post
I bought mine in April. There were 2 or 3 in Socal, new at the time, dealers wanted nearly 13k out the door. I found a 2010 with low miles in Bellingham, WA. Friend bought one 2 weeks later, and the only one in the pacific nw for sale was a new 12, 11k+ out the door. Most dealers were only ordering 1, maybe 2 at the time per year.

Looks like there are several used ones in Socal currently.

They will never be as popular as a 400 because most people don't want to spend that much, and Ktm doesn't make that many.

The fact they didn't bring in an SMC, and with it being so easy to throw a set of 17's on them certainly made them more desireable.

Can't imagine this one will last even though it's an 09 and he has it listed as 08.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/3402247988.html
I saw that one a while back. Good price but I want the newer 690 motor 2012+. Im getting ready to put a deposit down this next week. Hopefully the 2013 get here in a couple of months Im going stir crazy. Desert season will be on its way out.

Yea I plan to put 17in wheels on it for commuting. Fingers crossed.
lhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #12
ramjet
Beastly Adventurer
 
ramjet's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Super F'd Up N. California
Oddometer: 2,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhanson View Post
I saw that one a while back. Good price but I want the newer 690 motor 2012+. Im getting ready to put a deposit down this next week. Hopefully the 2013 get here in a couple of months Im going stir crazy. Desert season will be on its way out.

Yea I plan to put 17in wheels on it for commuting. Fingers crossed.
Then drop $2000 + for full Akra exhaust and some carbon fiber heat shields and you can have a big hole in your ass (where your wallet used to be) just like me! Ouch. More than I paid for my Ducati system (I think I have a hole in my head too). Sure sounds sweet though and power up.
__________________
Coffee first. Then your mundane socialist bullshit.. Lenny Bruce
ramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014