Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
jeffrey hamlin OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
2000 Husqvarna TE 410

Hi Guys....

I found a deal on a 2000 Husqvarna TE 410. It wasn't exactly the bike I was looking for....but hey, it kind of fell into my lap.

I am very interested in riding the TAT next summer (Tennessee to Oregon.) Any known issues with this bike that would prohibit that sort of riding? I have done a little research and have found that the oil capacity is rather limited. How about general performance and maintenance? Is this the bike for an extended trip across the country? I am a little concerned about the fuel capacity. It is a stock tank at 2.4 gallons. I have looked for bigger after market tanks, but can't seem to find many?? And ideas?

If this bike is a no-no, then my other options are a DRZ400 or Yamaha WR426.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

JEFF

Learn how to post a pic via my awesome video tutorial...http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=636380

jeffrey hamlin screwed with this post 12-13-2012 at 10:34 PM
jeffrey hamlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
Rot Box
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
Is it the kickstart model or E-start model? If it is the 410E (e-start) model discard everything I'm about to write

The 410 has very limited oil capacity (slightly more than a qt.) which is all held inside the engine vs. others that pump oil through the frame for extra cooling. There is no counter balance in the engine--they vibrate excessively. The flywheel is a known weak point due to excessive heat causing the magnets to come un-glued and fall off. A friend and I both had our cam sprocket bolts come loose and cause all sorts of internal problems--based off that I would check those before you ride it.

I REALLY like those era Husqvarna's and don't get me wrong they can be a very reliable and fun bike. I hate to say it but I'd personally choose that Husky last out of the other two bikes you mentioned for a trip like that.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #3
tHEtREV
Captain Awesome

Oddometer: 7,429
Wasn't the 410 of that time a sleeved down and/or destroked 610te?

If so the 610 aftermarket parts will fit.

I seem to remember there being a lack of bigger tanks though, the Australian model had a 17l tank if I remember correctly.

Anyway, I could be completely wrong on this one.
tHEtREV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #4
domrvt
n00b

Oddometer: 1
17l tanks from the same era TE610 will fit. They were sold by Husky, not aftermarket. I've got one on my 410 which I bought on ebay a while ago. They can be hard to find and expensive; I payed $250 for it.
domrvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
jeffrey hamlin OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Thanks Guys. It looks like I am gonna pass on the Husky and keep looking for the ideal TAT bike....probably a DRZ or WR426. Thanks!

Learn how to post a pic via my awesome video tutorial...http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=636380

jeffrey hamlin is offline   Reply With Quote