ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Americas
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
Loro17 OP
n00b
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Oddometer: 8
Alaska June 2013

I am currently planning a trip from Denver to the Alaska in June 2013, and was looking for a riding partner. I have done a few long solo trips, but prefer to ride with someone for trips over 5000 miles. If any interest, hit me up!
Loro17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
Gnik Nus
MSF Ridercoach
 
Gnik Nus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Houston
Oddometer: 14
PM sent.
Gnik Nus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #3
steveWFL
Beastly Adventurer
 
steveWFL's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa
Oddometer: 1,343
*Subscribed*

I'm planning to do Tampa, FL to Alaska in July. And coming through the Rockies is certainly a part of the itinerary.
steveWFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
Nanuq
Aventurer by Trade
 
Nanuq's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Point Hope, Sitka & Biorka Island- all in Alaska
Oddometer: 1,073
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveWFL View Post
*Subscribed*

I'm planning to do Tampa, FL to Alaska in July. And coming through the Rockies is certainly a part of the itinerary.
You might as well jaunt down to key west to start the trip officially and then make sure you reach prudhoe so you can record an official iron butt run. You should check out the iron butt association to check for the qualification.
__________________
2008 KLR 685- Iron Butt Association #44803
Trippin' in the Yukon & the AK!

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth" - Steve McQueen

Nanuq screwed with this post 03-25-2013 at 10:19 AM
Nanuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:54 PM   #5
beechhunter
Gnarly Adventurer
 
beechhunter's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Vienna, GA
Oddometer: 242
AK bound!!!

We have 4 in our group from Ga leaving July 27.
beechhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:22 PM   #6
norcal1
Cameron Park, CA.
 
norcal1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Oddometer: 216
Two of us leaving on July 7th, from Sacramento..
norcal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:40 AM   #7
holckster
dougholck
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Lodi, Ca
Oddometer: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcal1 View Post
Two of us leaving on July 7th, from Sacramento..
You're gonna miss D2D.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=830583

Just made reservation at Downtown Hotel arriving June 19th.

Safe Travels
__________________
Doug Holck
Lodi, CA
3 Continents - 7 Countries - 50 States

04 BMW 1150GS Adventure
08 DR650
02 BMW K1200LTe
05 Yamaha TW200
BMW MOA 109760
AMA Charter Life Member 518333
International Fellowship of Motorcycling Rotarians
HDDC POSSE


holckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:19 AM   #8
nuttynu
Studly Adventurer
 
nuttynu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: ANCHORAGE,ALASKA
Oddometer: 935
So many wanting to come ti ride to Alaska , while I'm here planning to ride out to Cali!!! Haha
__________________

nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:49 AM   #9
duckman44
Gnarly Adventurer
 
duckman44's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Western NY
Oddometer: 156
New York to Alaska June 2013

I will be leaving New York for Alaska the second week of June.
Riding Solo on a 2013 Ducati Multistrada.
duckman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #10
nuttynu
Studly Adventurer
 
nuttynu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: ANCHORAGE,ALASKA
Oddometer: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman44 View Post
I will be leaving New York for Alaska the second week of June.
Riding Solo on a 2013 Ducati Multistrada.
See you soon. How long u planning to stay in Alaska, and specifi destination once you get in the big state ?
__________________

nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #11
duckman44
Gnarly Adventurer
 
duckman44's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Western NY
Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttynu View Post
See you soon. How long u planning to stay in Alaska, and specifi destination once you get in the big state ?
The best part of this trip is that I have 5 weeks for it! I am planning a few destinations right now but want to leave much of it open so that it is more relaxed. I get a few ideas from each RR I read and have a notebook full of choices.
I signed up for D2D 2013, so I know I will be there on the 21st. Then on to Alaska!
Not sure if I will ride all the way to Prudhoe Bay but if the weather is good and my ride behaves, I most likely will try. It has always been a dream ride for me.
I am definitely open to suggestions from the people that live there or have made the trip previously.
duckman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:00 AM   #12
AKDuc
Alaska Born Ducatisti
 
AKDuc's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Oddometer: 6,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman44 View Post
I signed up for D2D 2013, so I know I will be there on the 21st. Then on to Alaska!
Cool. It'll be good to see another Ducatisti there. Last year a good bud got 1st place in one of the Bike Game events on his Ducati Hyper. And try to be in Dawson Thurs the 20th so you can do the Poker Run Friday before the banquet and bike games that night.

And to the OP, I like to remind riders that they'll see/meet a number of other riders north of the border as there's only one road in and out of AK.

Good luck and have fun, Mark H.
AKDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #13
duckman44
Gnarly Adventurer
 
duckman44's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Western NY
Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDuc View Post
Cool. It'll be good to see another Ducatisti there. Last year a good bud got 1st place in one of the Bike Game events on his Ducati Hyper. And try to be in Dawson Thurs the 20th so you can do the Poker Run Friday before the banquet and bike games that night.

And to the OP, I like to remind riders that they'll see/meet a number of other riders north of the border as there's only one road in and out of AK.

Good luck and have fun, Mark H.
My goal is to be there on the 20th.

My hope is to have a few contacts between now and June so that I can meet and ride with some of the ADV people here. Just reading some of the RR's I feel that I am with friends.

I have been riding since age 5 (now 48), Raced motocross for 15 years, been to the California Superbike School, rode all over the USA but still this ride intimidates me. I am counting the days to the ride of a lifetime!
duckman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #14
Nanuq
Aventurer by Trade
 
Nanuq's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Point Hope, Sitka & Biorka Island- all in Alaska
Oddometer: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman44 View Post
The best part of this trip is that I have 5 weeks for it! I am planning a few destinations right now but want to leave much of it open so that it is more relaxed. I get a few ideas from each RR I read and have a notebook full of choices.
I signed up for D2D 2013, so I know I will be there on the 21st. Then on to Alaska!
Not sure if I will ride all the way to Prudhoe Bay but if the weather is good and my ride behaves, I most likely will try. It has always been a dream ride for me.
I am definitely open to suggestions from the people that live there or have made the trip previously.
Hello, I live here in Alaska and I've ridden several times down to American even passing through your neck of the woods - what specific questions do you have about comingto the AK?
__________________
2008 KLR 685- Iron Butt Association #44803
Trippin' in the Yukon & the AK!

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth" - Steve McQueen
Nanuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #15
ParaMud
Studly Adventurer
 
ParaMud's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Orange, CA
Oddometer: 626
Leaving June 23rd from So Cal. Probably wont be able to meet up, but willing to ride with you if we run into each other.
__________________
08 wr250r
04 xt225
ParaMud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014