ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
guns_equal_freedom OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Oddometer: 5,464
Washington states outgoing governor Christine Gregoire to the EPA?

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepol...ender-to-boss-

My good fellows of the Pacific Northwest forum board on the Adventure Rider website, I am of the opinion that if the current governor of Washington State, The Honorable Christine O. Gregoire is appointed by The Honorable Barack Obama, President of the United States, as the next Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency that we as a country will be sodomized.

I base my facts upon her tenure as the Governor of Washington State for the past eight years.

Of course my opinion might be wrong, I heartily encourage a spirited vigorous discussion as to why she would make an outstanding Administrator based on her past performance as a whole so that my opinion may be swayed.


Edit: After an intelligent off-line conversation I have come to see that perhaps The Honorable Christine O. Gregoire might not be the worst choice for the head of the EPA.

guns_equal_freedom screwed with this post 01-07-2013 at 03:15 PM
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
YamaGeek
Ancient trailbike padwan
 
YamaGeek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: western oregon
Oddometer: 6,045
Does she get a Discovery Pass?
__________________
____________________________________________
We're here because of a love most exestential. (toothy)


YamaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
81husky
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: North Central Washington
Oddometer: 108
That's been rumored for quite a while. With Obama making the choice, we're eff'ed no matter who he picks.
81husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
Handy
Sunburnt
 
Handy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: The great state of Idaho
Oddometer: 1,666
How exactly has the EPA fucked you? It seems like conservationists will say the EPA isn't doing enough while the conservatives will say they are doing too much. Seems like a good balance to me.


In before the move to CSM!
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #5
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer
 
Apple Jam's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Mt Hood mud flow
Oddometer: 6,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy;[URL="tel:[URL="tel:20402172"
20402172[/URL]"]20402172[/URL]]How exactly has the EPA fucked you? It seems like conservationists will say the EPA isn't doing enough while the conservatives will say they are doing too much. Seems like a good balance to me.


In before the move to CSM!
You haven't been around long, huh?
Some of these guys are convinced ALL conservation is BAD, blanket-like.
The actual facts rarely matter.....

"If she gets appointed, they're gonna come and take my guns and two-stroke bikes away"
Paranoia from non-tweakers. Sometimes waaaay scarier.....

Edit: waitaminute, here....isn't she the same scary ogre that signed the bill so you could plate said two-strokes?

'
__________________
..
"got no problem with keeping truly roadless areas as wild....
On the other hand, if it has been logged or mined and roads already exist,,
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #6
speedmaster
Studly Adventurer
 
speedmaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Oddometer: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Jam View Post

non-tweakers.

'
Are you sure about this?
speedmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:30 AM   #7
tod701
Studly Adventurer
 
tod701's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Stanwood
Oddometer: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Jam View Post
Edit: waitaminute, here....isn't she the same scary ogre that signed the bill so you could plate said two-strokes?'
I can assure you that she had no idea that 2011 SB5800 facilitated that happening.
__________________
Tod
NMA, WOHVA, BRC, AMA, NRA
tod701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #8
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer
 
Apple Jam's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Mt Hood mud flow
Oddometer: 6,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by tod701 View Post
I can assure you that she had no idea that 2011 SB5800 facilitated that happening.
Weren't bike lobyists in the "signing photo"?
If she's that uninformed (or stupid) to sign law that included languages to fully plate dirt bikes.....
and didn't know it????????
....then maybe her appointment IS something to be afraid of.....
__________________
..
"got no problem with keeping truly roadless areas as wild....
On the other hand, if it has been logged or mined and roads already exist,,
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #9
tod701
Studly Adventurer
 
tod701's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Stanwood
Oddometer: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Jam View Post
Weren't bike lobyists in the "signing photo"?.
I was in the front row of the photo.

We never mentioned anything relation to engine types when lobbying for the conversion law.
I have no reason to believe that the Governor was ever breifed on that specific issue.
__________________
Tod
NMA, WOHVA, BRC, AMA, NRA
tod701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #10
HotChilliColdBeer
Human Swizzle Stick
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: 98155
Oddometer: 289
She reminds me of Cruella de Vil.



Charlie
HotChilliColdBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #11
LongWays
Skiing up a hill...
 
LongWays's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: City of Subdued Excitement.... no really it is!
Oddometer: 5,160
Quote:

...director of Washington’s Department of Ecology before being elected Attorney General in 1992.

...made her reputation by negotiating a Hanford nuclear waste cleanup agreement with the first Bush administration, which has held up in court through efforts by the feds’ to wiggle out of their commitments.


Actually sounds like an appointment that makes sense.
__________________
If you don't like my sig line - don't read it.
LongWays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #12
shrubitup
Uncouth Sloth
 
shrubitup's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Kitsapolis WA
Oddometer: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWays View Post


Actually sounds like an appointment that makes sense.
As were the other previous appointments (Lisa Jackson) since they too headed up a State's equivalent of EPA (DEQ)? No, I disagree. Heading up one state does not make you fit for the national level. However, IMO - Gregoire will bring much balance to EPA unlike her predecessors. She's far more balanced than the other kooks that held the position previously. She's also far more balanced than other kooks Obama would consider for the position.
__________________
CONVICTED of placing compostable yard waste into a general trash container at the curb.
shrubitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #13
kwisn
One Happy Dog
 
kwisn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Griffonderosa Dog Ranch
Oddometer: 8,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubitup View Post
As were the other previous appointments (Lisa Jackson) since they too headed up a State's equivalent of EPA (DEQ)? No, I disagree. Heading up one state does not make you fit for the national level. However, IMO - Gregoire will bring much balance to EPA unlike her predecessors. She's far more balanced than the other kooks that held the position previously. She's also far more balanced than other kooks Obama would consider for the position.
However, I didn't think much of her as Gov.
__________________
kwisn

Yes, well, I’m polymerised tree sap, and you’re an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns on its original trajectory, and adheres to you. SC
kwisn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #14
LongWays
Skiing up a hill...
 
LongWays's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: City of Subdued Excitement.... no really it is!
Oddometer: 5,160
__________________
If you don't like my sig line - don't read it.
LongWays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #15
DeFens
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Monroe, WA
Oddometer: 496
Given the WA Dept. of Ecology's confused, ignorant, heavy-handed, and often ignorant approach to many aspects of their purview,I'm in the environmental remediation industry, working nationwide - and Washington is one of the most backwards, frustrating states we work in. Cleanup proposals that are effective and economical, that are eagerly approved in other states are denied here routinely, because the regulators simply don't understand the technology and have no interest in learning about it. I don't think that heading up Ecology should be a ringing endorsement of Gregoire's abilities - just the opposite, in fact. Brokering any sort of agreement at that black hole of paper-shuffling known as Hanford means nothing.
__________________
Monroe, WA
2011 Husaberg FE390
2006 BMW R1200GS
2001 BMW F650GS Dakar
And a fluffy cat named Chester....
DeFens is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014