ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
GH41 OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Oddometer: 822
Jesse Safari Cases??

I have a set of Jesse 9" Safari cases for a F650-800GS I am trying to sell. Where is the best place to list them?? I tried here at what I thought was a reasonable price and didn't get any action. Are there any regional dual sport forums. I am in SE US. GH

GH41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustKip's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Fresno, CA
Oddometer: 3,727
I saw your add and started to post there. Your initial asking price was way out of the ball park at $1250? More? Nobody will offer the $800 (maybe a little more?) they generally go for with an asking price that high.

The reduced price of $1050 is still more than you're going to get by a a bit

THIS site probavbly IS the best place to sell them.
JustKip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #3
GH41 OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKip View Post
I saw your add and started to post there. Your initial asking price was way out of the ball park $1250? More? Nobody will offer the $800 (maybe a little more?) they generally go for with an asking price that high.

The reduced price of $1050 is still more than you're going to get by a a bit

THIS site probavbly IS the best place to sell them.
I guess I am looking for a buyer looking at paying Jesse for new cases. We are after all talking about six month old cases that are in as new condition. If they were used up I would understand the assumption that my asking price was high. Thanks for your input but I will keep them before selling them for 800. GH
GH41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #4
skysailor
Rat Rider
 
skysailor's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Kenora, Canada
Oddometer: 3,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
I I will keep them before selling them for 800. GH
Then keep them.
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:37 AM   #5
Tor
Native Viking
 
Tor's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: PD of SC
Oddometer: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
I guess I am looking for a buyer looking at paying Jesse for new cases. We are after all talking about six month old cases that are in as new condition. If they were used up I would understand the assumption that my asking price was high. Thanks for your input but I will keep them before selling them for 800. GH
Why are you selling them? Changing to different cases?
__________________
"Be Always Sure You Are Right - Then Go Ahead"

2005 Honda ST1300 / 2010 BMW F800 Gelände-Straße
Tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #6
GH41 OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor View Post
Why are you selling them? Changing to different cases?
I ride 95% of the time two up with the wife. We are old and it is difficult for her to get on and off with the cases mounted. We only bought them to store our gear when off of the bike. The inconvenience of carrying our jackets around when off of the bike is not worth the bitching I have to listen to with the cases mounted!! When we travel the bike is on a trailer and only ridden when we reach our destination. We don't pack the cases. GH
GH41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #7
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustKip's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Fresno, CA
Oddometer: 3,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
I ride 95% of the time two up with the wife. We are old and it is difficult for her to get on and off with the cases mounted. We only bought them to store our gear when off of the bike. The inconvenience of carrying our jackets around when off of the bike is not worth the bitching I have to listen to with the cases mounted!! When we travel the bike is on a trailer and only ridden when we reach our destination. We don't pack the cases. GH
Run a cable lock thru the sleeve of the jacket and lock it to the bike.

I'm still willing to give you $650 for them, as I have the patience to wait for the right buyer to come along with the $850 they're worth.
JustKip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:49 AM   #8
vtbob
wanderer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Western Vermont
Oddometer: 502
Yep your price is too high

FWIW a couple of year a go I bought a set of 10 inch Odessy "demo" cases and brand new mounts from Explor Motor (then the Jesse exclusive retailer) for $750. the case had been use in some show and had huge Jesse decal that I had to peal off or look at forever...otherwise perfect.
vtbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #9
GH41 OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Oddometer: 822
I will re list them for $300 shipped. That is the least I can do for the dedicated inmates here. I am desparate and selling them may mean I survive another couple of days. GH

GH41 screwed with this post 01-06-2013 at 04:49 PM
GH41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #10
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustKip's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Fresno, CA
Oddometer: 3,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
I will re list them for $300 shipped. That is the least I can do for the dedicated inmates here. GH
They're worth what they're worth. "The least" you could do is accept it and not be a dick about it.

I'd love to sell my "like new" Micatech cases for $1300 before selling my bike, but there wouldn't be any interest if I asked that price. It is what it is
JustKip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #11
GH41 OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKip View Post
They're worth what they're worth. "The least" you could do is accept it and not be a dick about it.

I'd love to sell my "like new" Micatech cases for $1300 before selling my bike, but they would never sell if I asked that price.
Just another guy that doesn't have a bike the cases fit. It is amusing... I think I am batting a thousand at this place! GH
GH41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #12
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustKip's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Fresno, CA
Oddometer: 3,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
Just another guy that doesn't have a bike the cases fit.
What's your point?
I'm planning on getting a new bike for a South America trip starting in oct and the F800 is on my short list, along with a couple of Honda twins.
Used boxes at new prices didn't make my list at all.


Jesse cases are Jesse cases. You see them in the flea market regularly, and they go for the same price reguardless of which bike they're for. ($700-$900) Yours are no different. They're aluminum boxes. You ignored several rules with your FM ad (no price in the first one, excessive bumping in the second) and now you're being bitchy here. You should stop it
JustKip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #13
GH41 OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKip View Post
What's your point?
I'm planning on getting a new bike for a South America trip starting in oct and the F800 is on my short list, along with a couple of Honda twins.
Used boxes at new prices didn't make my list at all.


Jesse cases are Jesse cases. You see them in the flea market regularly, and they go for the same price reguardless of which bike they're for. ($700-$900) Yours are no different. They're aluminum boxes. You ignored several rules with your FM ad (no price in the first one, excessive bumping in the second) and now you're being bitchy here. You should stop it
I love this place! The guys with Volkswagons bitch about BMW prices! I started this thread trying to find a place to sell my stuff... The village idiots are telling me how little it is worth! I wonder who far you have to go to get banned here???? GH
GH41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #14
skysailor
Rat Rider
 
skysailor's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Kenora, Canada
Oddometer: 3,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
I will re list them for $300 shipped. That is the least I can do for the dedicated inmates here. I am desparate and selling them may mean I survive another couple of days. GH
$300 shipped? I call dibs
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #15
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv
 
Loutre's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Reaver's Shed :o)
Oddometer: 3,189
Can we get this right before it is getting out of hands?

For those who will stumble on this thread with the same question:

Flea market

For the others can we get back to basics and talk about bikes, RR aso?
__________________
Keep the smile on your face!
F800GS - The ORANGE ones are faster!!

R1150GSA SE


Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014