ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
Ken OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Ken's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: A dark hole...
Oddometer: 57,198
Z4 Coupe

Elegant sports car

__________________
"God made hobos to make other men yearn." -Steinbeck

The modern liberal is the stupidest human being to have ever lived!
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
Ken OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Ken's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: A dark hole...
Oddometer: 57,198
And they only produced 12,000 of them total from '06-'08.
__________________
"God made hobos to make other men yearn." -Steinbeck

The modern liberal is the stupidest human being to have ever lived!
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
a1fa
Riding Nomad™
 
a1fa's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 13,542
__________________
Learn to ride. Ride to learn.
a1fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
Ken OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Ken's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: A dark hole...
Oddometer: 57,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1fa View Post

And you can get used ones from $17k up to $29k for a garage queen with 15,000 miles. Tack on about 3-5k more to each price for the "M" version.
__________________
"God made hobos to make other men yearn." -Steinbeck

The modern liberal is the stupidest human being to have ever lived!
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:20 PM   #5
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer
 
cogitate's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: North of the Border, CA
Oddometer: 4,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
And you can get used ones from $17k up to $29k for a garage queen with 15,000 miles. Tack on about 3-5k more to each price for the "M" version.

Careful of those garage queens. You may find yourself playing for the other team :loll



Not that there is anything wrong with that.
__________________
bikeless.

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
and as PDF here
available in Kindle format here
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #6
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer
 
SgtDuster's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Oddometer: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
And you can get used ones from $17k up to $29k for a garage queen with 15,000 miles. Tack on about 3-5k more to each price for the "M" version.

Be careful with those "garage queen" when it comes to fun/sport cars...it may translates into 15k miles of track days
__________________
2010 Buell Ulysses
1984 Suzuki GR650 "Tempter"
SgtDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
Ken OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Ken's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: A dark hole...
Oddometer: 57,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDuster View Post
Be careful with those "garage queen" when it comes to fun/sport cars...it may translates into 15k miles of track days
+1
__________________
"God made hobos to make other men yearn." -Steinbeck

The modern liberal is the stupidest human being to have ever lived!
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #8
falconati
baller
 
falconati's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: WI/NYC
Oddometer: 653
One of my coworkers has one and loves it. Fast car, and really pretty.
__________________
Ducati Hypermotard 796
falconati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #9
Ken OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Ken's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: A dark hole...
Oddometer: 57,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconati View Post
One of my coworkers has one and loves it. Fast car, and really pretty.
I hope I'm going to love mine

The interior of the one I think I just bought.



Those are the "M" seats. It was a $500 option on the new cars. Cool option.
__________________
"God made hobos to make other men yearn." -Steinbeck

The modern liberal is the stupidest human being to have ever lived!

Ken screwed with this post 01-15-2013 at 08:24 PM
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #10
BCC
I know better
 
BCC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Southern NJ
Oddometer: 7,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
I hope I'm going to love mine

The interior of the one I think I just bought.

When I was on a paid hiatus from work and sitting out my non-compete, I got bored and sold BMW's for a while.

Without a doubt, the Z4, used or new, was my favorite car to rip around in. The M5 was great, but the Z4 was funner.

Congrats. They go good and are comfortable. I'm 6'3" and fit. Nothing not to love.

BTW, the best part of selling BMW's was the test drive. Taking demo drives and showing potential customers (with permission) just how fast the car they were looking at could go through my favorite local twisties. I'd go through first, they go through next. Sold more cars to girls that way.
__________________
Living the fullest life means leaving a history of goodness behind you for others to remember.

Cherish the memories------Ken OBSC
BCC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #11
Ken OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Ken's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: A dark hole...
Oddometer: 57,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC View Post
When I was on a paid hiatus from work and sitting out my non-compete, I got bored and sold BMW's for a while.

Without a doubt, the Z4, used or new, was my favorite car to rip around in. The M5 was great, but the Z4 was funner.

Congrats. They go good and are comfortable. I'm 6'3" and fit. Nothing not to love.

BTW, the best part of selling BMW's was the test drive. Taking demo drives and showing potential customers (with permission) just how fast the car they were looking at could go through my favorite local twisties. I'd go through first, they go through next. Sold more cars to girls that way.

Thanks! It looks like I've bought one and yet never sat in one so the 6'3" part makes me very happy. I'm buying the car in VA and getting it shipped. Hopefully in about a week or so I'll be having some fun.

IMHO they are truly beautiful and unique cars.
__________________
"God made hobos to make other men yearn." -Steinbeck

The modern liberal is the stupidest human being to have ever lived!
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #12
68deluxe
Beastly Adventurer
 
68deluxe's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Phoenix AZ
Oddometer: 12,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Thanks! It looks like I've bought one and yet never sat in one so the 6'3" part makes me very happy. I'm buying the car in VA and getting it shipped. Hopefully in about a week or so I'll be having some fun.

IMHO they are truly beautiful and unique cars.
You have never driven a Z4? No test drive?
__________________
2010 KTM 990ADV
2004 KTM 250SX
68deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:14 AM   #13
A-Bone
Indubitably
 
A-Bone's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Cow Hampsha, (NH, USA)
Oddometer: 12,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconati View Post
One of my coworkers has one and loves it. Fast car, and really pretty.
Same here... Looks even better in person than in the pictures..

This may be why Ken bought one: they look even better from the back..



And with a rear hatch like that it is ready and willing to be curred of its bitchines:

A-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #14
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: central IL
Oddometer: 3,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bone View Post

That's the color I'd want.
__________________
'09 Triumph Tiger1050
'96 Ducati 900SS
'02 Suzuki SV650S (hers)
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #15
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!
 
RichBeBe's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 6,112
My old principal had a Z3 Coupe and them an Z4 M coupe or whatever it was called. Really nice cars, both of them. I loved the lines of the Z4 coupe.
__________________
"Remember that an enduro tests the endurance of three things: your machine, your body, and your wits. Only one has to fail to keep you from reaching the finish line." Cycle World March 1966
RichBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014