ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
PigPen67 OP
Ron Grace Jr.
 
PigPen67's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Arvada,CO.
Oddometer: 80
Thumb Lost for a Reason!.. 2013 Benefit for Navajo kids and families in need !

Lost for a Reason was created to promote goodwill and as a way to say THANK YOU to the native people of the areas we love to ride! ...... http://Facebook.com/lostforareason.org , for more information.

In July,.. 12, 13 and 14 KBC Remodel Service will be sponsoring a work effort to help make repairs needed to some of the homes and buildings in Kayenta, AZ.,.. We will also be riding the Valley of the Gods loop in UT !,.. The work effort will be for 3 days,.. but the needs of the children and families on the reservations in the Four Corners area is year round! We are promoting the ride to other ADV riders because we know that we are the ones who benefit most from the beautiful scenery,..Moki Dugway,..Mexican Hat,..Valley of the Gods,.. AZ, NM, UT, CO .....all of it !

Lost for a Reason was created as a way to gain awareness for the needs of the children and families on the reservations ! DONATE ! at www.lostforareason.org

We offer reflective : Lost for a Reason stickers,... for helmets and bikes $5.00


Lost for a Reason T-shirts.... for,..your body.. $25.00

100% of the profits go to helping the children and families !,..

Go to http://Facebook.com/lostforareason.com for more information !
We are always looking for businesses to donate shirts or other products that we use to throw in as gifts for people who donate money !... If you own a bike shop, icecream shop, coffee shop, restaurant,... or have anything to donate,..contact us and we will help you promote your business !

Current offers :
Donate $ 25 or more and get a t-shirt from www.motogearoutlet.com, in Arvada,CO.
Donate $35 or more and get a $25 gift certificate to www.charcoaldining.com, in Denver, CO.
Donate $20 or more and receive the map of your choice from www.butlermaps.com, anywhere.
Donate $25 or more and receive a t-shirt from www.rawhyde-offroad.com

** Any way you do it ,.. 100% of the profits goes to help the kids and families, thanks to the generosity of our sponsors and volunteers !...

PURCHASE A LOST FOR A REASON T-SHIRT !... $ 25.00,..... 100% profits go to helping the kids!.. (we will post pictures of the shirt on Facebook and ADV rider !)

To make a donation via PAYPAL ... go to www.lostforareason.org open the Lost for a Reason page, and donate !,... please specify the gift you want from the current offers,.. and send the money !
__________________
Ron Grace Jr. http://facebook.com/lostforareasoncom

PigPen67 screwed with this post 04-23-2013 at 05:32 PM Reason: add
PigPen67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #2
PigPen67 OP
Ron Grace Jr.
 
PigPen67's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Arvada,CO.
Oddometer: 80
Lost for a Reason T-shirts are in !



Specify size and Men's or Women's cut !

to order ,.. donate $ 25 via PayPal on KBC website,..Lost for a Reason page !

www.lostforareason.org


for Lost for a Reason info,.. go to http://facebook.com/lostforareasoncom,.... "like" the page and help get the word out !
__________________
Ron Grace Jr. http://facebook.com/lostforareasoncom

PigPen67 screwed with this post 04-23-2013 at 05:33 PM
PigPen67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:32 AM   #3
UpST8
turnin gas to noise
 
UpST8's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: californication
Oddometer: 6,950
Let me wait to get paid and then I'll be making a donation I am marking my calendar for that ride and if you say see JJ before I do give him the salute for me
__________________
WHERE AM I RIDING

cRAzY
UpST8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #4
PigPen67 OP
Ron Grace Jr.
 
PigPen67's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Arvada,CO.
Oddometer: 80
New Link for Lost fo a Reason !!

Check out http://shop.lostforareason.com to purchase fundraising T-shirts or stickers !
__________________
Ron Grace Jr. http://facebook.com/lostforareasoncom
PigPen67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #5
HeadShrinker
Lost for a Reason
 
HeadShrinker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Cortez, Colorado & Navajo Nation
Oddometer: 1,361




HeadShrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #6
PigPen67 OP
Ron Grace Jr.
 
PigPen67's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Arvada,CO.
Oddometer: 80
Lost for a Reason link...

a good link is www.lostforareason.org

or buy products at http://shop.lostforareason.org
__________________
Ron Grace Jr. http://facebook.com/lostforareasoncom
PigPen67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #7
Graniteone
3,2,1...Beer me!
 
Graniteone's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Golden, Colorado
Oddometer: 400
I am in. Thanks for sharing the opportunity.
Graniteone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #8
UpST8
turnin gas to noise
 
UpST8's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: californication
Oddometer: 6,950
Great Cause put on by Great folks!!

Her first ADV Salute!!!
__________________
WHERE AM I RIDING

cRAzY
UpST8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:55 AM   #9
PigPen67 OP
Ron Grace Jr.
 
PigPen67's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Arvada,CO.
Oddometer: 80
I LOVE that picture!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpST8 View Post
Great Cause put on by Great folks!!

Her first ADV Salute!!!
__________________
Ron Grace Jr. http://facebook.com/lostforareasoncom
PigPen67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:35 PM   #10
PigPen67 OP
Ron Grace Jr.
 
PigPen67's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Arvada,CO.
Oddometer: 80
Thank you for your help Graniteone !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graniteone View Post
I am in. Thanks for sharing the opportunity.
__________________
Ron Grace Jr. http://facebook.com/lostforareasoncom
PigPen67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #11
Asha'man
Bueller
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Elbert, CO
Oddometer: 8
Hey, I ran into you at the BDR thing at Performance. I was on the Buell Ulysses.
Asha'man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #12
adventure girl
Donde esta la playa?!?
 
adventure girl's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: inside my helmet, Colorado
Oddometer: 1,336
So the benefit ride is June 14? Any additional info?
__________________
Learn to let go of what you don't need and who you are not
Baja 2015 or bust...
'05.5 KTM 950 ADV (Orange is faster)
'04 KTM 525
adventure girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #13
PigPen67 OP
Ron Grace Jr.
 
PigPen67's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Arvada,CO.
Oddometer: 80
Valley of the Gods ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure girl View Post
So the benefit ride is June 14? Any additional info?
Hi,... we are bringing our small crew to work in Kayenta,... the VOG ride is informal and secondary to doing the work,... the only real plan is to work, help and have fun. We have 6 guys,... I will work 2 days and ride One day.

Check out www.kbcremodelservice.com, or www.lostforareason.org
__________________
Ron Grace Jr. http://facebook.com/lostforareasoncom
PigPen67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #14
HeadShrinker
Lost for a Reason
 
HeadShrinker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Cortez, Colorado & Navajo Nation
Oddometer: 1,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure girl View Post
So the benefit ride is June 14? Any additional info?

Actually the VOG benefit is July, 12, 13, and 14. We are hoping to fundraise, do a lot of great riding and also give folks the opportunities to do some work projects in and surrounding Kayenta. Ron has the expertise in the carpentry aspect and we are doing are best to line up some good projects.

This will be a time to camp out, ride some great roads (street and dirt), share good beverages, and hopefully raise some funds for the great, sustainable charities that are serving the kids and families on the reservation.

I will be bringing the XR 650 and the GSA and am hoping to do a combination of rides. Johns Canyon, Moki Dugway, Mulley Point, a ride to Monument Valley, Narrow Canyon, and in and around Kayenta. There are great places to ride everywhere you look.

I'm hoping to get some projects listed in the coming weeks so we can plan accordingly. If you're in, please chime in on here so we can create a list. I'll have my motorhome at the base camp and a gas grill, so we can work together to serve up some good food out there.

I'll be there on Thursday night. You won't be able to miss the Rig and the Lost for a Reason tent.

I hope a lot of folks can make it out here. Not only will we be able to work, we will be able to ride.

So, if you can't swing a hammer, you can certainly twist a throttle!

HeadShrinker screwed with this post 05-21-2013 at 08:53 AM
HeadShrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:06 PM   #15
PigPen67 OP
Ron Grace Jr.
 
PigPen67's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Arvada,CO.
Oddometer: 80
Tour de Rez awesome ride coming up in May 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure girl View Post
So the benefit ride is June 14? Any additional info?
Follow http://Facebook.com/lostforareasoncom, for more details!

Also, Rawhyde Adventures is hosting a benefit at their Castaic,CA location Jan 3-5th!
__________________
Ron Grace Jr. http://facebook.com/lostforareasoncom
PigPen67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014