Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Americas
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
WalleyeLover OP
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Looking for trip partner to British Colombia, Yukon, Canada Coast!

Hey Guys!

Just joined the forum! I bought a 2009 Kawasaki Versys last year and went on a 5000 Km / 3100 Mile trip to the east coast to Cape Breton (Highly recommended by the way). I'm looking west this year. I'm looking to do a 3 week trip to skirt the Yukon and BC coast. Anybody been thinking about the same kind of trip? If so, let me know! I'm looking at cutting my costs for lodging and having a partner for the trip! Here's a rough example of the trip I'm thinking about doing. http://goo.gl/maps/wXi9J

FYI: I live about 1 and half hours of Toronto, Canada.

Let me know!
Al
WalleyeLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
YukonTracker
Ride your Way

Oddometer: 249
You have to cover allot of ground to get to your destination. I hope you have three weeks for your destination and two extra weeks to get there and home again, otherwise it looks like a tight schedule.
YukonTracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #3
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,790
You might want to say more about the schedule & timing too. Also whats your riding style,i.e. , do you stop to fish & hike or pics & so on. Add to your profile so people have a starter for sizing you up some. 37 & owns a bike, wants to travel sometime & lives in Ontario isn't much to go on. The BMWMOA national rally is in Salem,OR so many headed west this July but south of your route.
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:43 AM   #4
NVHOM
nvhom

Oddometer: 9
I am going to bc this june I have been on the same route to Watson lake twice , once up the cassier and once down the other way. The highlight of the trip was to telegraph creek from dease lake. When I come back it will be by way of crowsnest pass. am unable to travel the states because of a transgression in my teens. have a goldwing but am not afraid of gravel or rough roads .I tent camp almost always , willing to stop or go where ever Like to start early in the mornings , go slow or travel 700 - 800 miles a day if so inclined. I have traveled all over bc and know some good roads. I am 70 years old. so we may not be of the same wavelength ,but i get along with most people Get back to me maybe something will come off it
NVHOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:19 AM   #5
Dusty Boots
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
I think you better re-think either your destination, or your time frame. If you could do it in the 3 weeks, camping all/most of the way, you sure won't be seeing much as you'll be too busy riding to make it home within those 3 weeks!

Besides .... you're missing a hell of a lot of good riding areas to get to your destination. (Black Hills/Yellowstone/Beartooth/Chief Joseph/Lolo Pass/ Glacier NP/Banff NP//Jasper NP to name but just a few)