ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
DC2wheels OP
Castle Anthrax troll
 
DC2wheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: N.H.
Oddometer: 1,915
MotoGP....Brew-no (spoilers-yes)

Who can stop MM?

This guy really likes the bike to slide around.
__________________
a few bikes in the barn

sugarhillctd on the
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum


DC2wheels screwed with this post 08-23-2013 at 05:58 PM Reason: Brain fart
DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
yooperbikemike
high, wide and handsome
 
yooperbikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: The blue groove
Oddometer: 12,201
__________________
"...people in the stands want to see good, close racing. The thing is to put on a show, and that’s what’s going to draw people in..." -- Scotty Parker



yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:34 AM   #3
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer
 
RememberTheFallen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: North Georgia
Oddometer: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
Forgive me on my ignorance but who is the rider on the far right, riders left?
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:39 AM   #4
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 6,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Forgive me on my ignorance but who is the rider on the far right, riders left?
Looks like Luis Salom, Moto 3 Championship leader.
__________________
+0

2002 KTM 520 EXC for sale
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926379
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:40 AM   #5
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 6,910
FP2, Smith pulls clear of the Ducs, Dovi pips Hayden right at the end of the session.

Pos. Num. Rider Nation Team Bike Km/h Time Gap 1st/Prev.
1 6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 311.6 1'56.500
2 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 308.4 1'56.538 0.038 / 0.038
3 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 314.6 1'56.600 0.100 / 0.062
4 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 309.4 1'56.726 0.226 / 0.126
5 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 312.5 1'56.733 0.233 / 0.007
6 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 308.0 1'56.800 0.300 / 0.067
7 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 308.4 1'57.351 0.851 / 0.551
8 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA GO&FUN Honda Gresini Honda 309.1 1'57.401 0.901 / 0.050
9 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 306.2 1'57.754 1.254 / 0.353
10 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 308.3 1'57.896 1.396 / 0.142
11 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Ducati 304.9 1'58.039 1.539 / 0.143
12 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Power Electronics Aspar ART 295.1 1'58.217 1.717 / 0.178
13 51 Michele PIRRO ITA Ignite Pramac Racing Ducati 306.4 1'58.958 2.458 / 0.741
14 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Avintia Blusens FTR 297.0 1'59.235 2.735 / 0.277
15 71 Claudio CORTI ITA NGM Mobile Forward Racing FTR Kawasaki 292.2 1'59.288 2.788 / 0.053
16 5 Colin EDWARDS USA NGM Mobile Forward Racing FTR Kawasaki 295.7 1'59.390 2.890 / 0.102
17 68 Yonny HERNANDEZ COL Paul Bird Motorsport ART 289.1 1'59.539 3.039 / 0.149
18 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN Avintia Blusens FTR 294.3 1'59.613 3.113 / 0.074
19 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA Came IodaRacing Project Ioda-Suter 293.4 1'59.719 3.219 / 0.106
20 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Power Electronics Aspar ART 289.9 1'59.799 3.299 / 0.080
21 70 Michael LAVERTY GBR Paul Bird Motorsport PBM 296.1 2'00.338 3.838 / 0.539
22 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing ART 296.6 2'00.413 3.913 / 0.075
23 45 Martin BAUER AUT Remus Racing Team S&B Suter 281.9 2'00.730 4.230 / 0.317
24 52 Lukas PESEK CZE Came IodaRacing Project Ioda-Suter 289.3 2'01.549 5.049 / 0.819
25 67 Bryan STARING AUS GO&FUN Honda Gresini FTR Honda 291.1 2'01.746 5.246 / 0.197
__________________
+0

2002 KTM 520 EXC for sale
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926379
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #6
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs
 
RedRocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 18,745
The top 6 within 3/10ths sec



Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
FP2, Smith pulls clear of the Ducs, Dovi pips Hayden right at the end of the session.

Pos. Num. Rider Nation Team Bike Km/h Time Gap 1st/Prev.
1 6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 311.6 1'56.500
2 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 308.4 1'56.538 0.038 / 0.038
3 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 314.6 1'56.600 0.100 / 0.062
4 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 309.4 1'56.726 0.226 / 0.126
5 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 312.5 1'56.733 0.233 / 0.007
6 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 308.0 1'56.800 0.300 / 0.067
7 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 308.4 1'57.351 0.851 / 0.551
8 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA GO&FUN Honda Gresini Honda 309.1 1'57.401 0.901 / 0.050
9 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 306.2 1'57.754 1.254 / 0.353
10 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 308.3 1'57.896 1.396 / 0.142
11 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Ducati 304.9 1'58.039 1.539 / 0.143
12 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Power Electronics Aspar ART 295.1 1'58.217 1.717 / 0.178
13 51 Michele PIRRO ITA Ignite Pramac Racing Ducati 306.4 1'58.958 2.458 / 0.741
14 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Avintia Blusens FTR 297.0 1'59.235 2.735 / 0.277
15 71 Claudio CORTI ITA NGM Mobile Forward Racing FTR Kawasaki 292.2 1'59.288 2.788 / 0.053
16 5 Colin EDWARDS USA NGM Mobile Forward Racing FTR Kawasaki 295.7 1'59.390 2.890 / 0.102
17 68 Yonny HERNANDEZ COL Paul Bird Motorsport ART 289.1 1'59.539 3.039 / 0.149
18 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN Avintia Blusens FTR 294.3 1'59.613 3.113 / 0.074
19 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA Came IodaRacing Project Ioda-Suter 293.4 1'59.719 3.219 / 0.106
20 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Power Electronics Aspar ART 289.9 1'59.799 3.299 / 0.080
21 70 Michael LAVERTY GBR Paul Bird Motorsport PBM 296.1 2'00.338 3.838 / 0.539
22 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing ART 296.6 2'00.413 3.913 / 0.075
23 45 Martin BAUER AUT Remus Racing Team S&B Suter 281.9 2'00.730 4.230 / 0.317
24 52 Lukas PESEK CZE Came IodaRacing Project Ioda-Suter 289.3 2'01.549 5.049 / 0.819
25 67 Bryan STARING AUS GO&FUN Honda Gresini FTR Honda 291.1 2'01.746 5.246 / 0.197
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #7
Pantah
Red Sox Nation
 
Pantah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: India Wharf
Oddometer: 9,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post
Who can stop MM?

This guy really likes the bike to slide around.
My observation is that MM is very precise. Like Stoner, he knows the line he wants through a string of turns, and he hits his marks perfectly. Sometimes that means he moves the back end around to tighten a radius, but I don't think it means he is sliding the motorcycle. His front wheel is exactly where he wants it I think.
__________________
Straight ahead and faster -Bo Weaver 1970
"There I was..." -Griffin Niner Three Hotel
"One day closer to a parade..." Jonny Gomes, spring training 2013
Pantah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #8
mike54
You don't get me
 
mike54's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Oddometer: 12,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
My observation is that MM is very precise. Like Stoner, he knows the line he wants through a string of turns, and he hits his marks perfectly. Sometimes that means he moves the back end around to tighten a radius, but I don't think it means he is sliding the motorcycle. His front wheel is exactly where he wants it I think.
I would say most, if not all, racers at that level hit their marks within fractions of an inch. MM seems very comfortable with the bike moving around for sure. Finesse is not a word that comes to mind when watching him ride, but nobody goes that fast without employing some level of finesse. Both Pedrosa and Lorenzo can produce lap after lap within fractions of a second. That's precision and hitting your marks. What makes MM faster than the others? He does seem to be able to chose a different line to make a pass and maintain the same or a faster speed. Seems to me Pedrodsa had a problem with that his first couple years. If he didn't break out and run away with the race he'd get 'stuck' behind another rider.

MM is fun to watch for sure. He doesn't really remind me of Stoner much except the winning.
__________________
A genius is the one most like himself. - T. Monk via S. Lacy

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:27 AM   #9
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 6,910
Bikes are on track, and very Yamaha friendly track, at that.

Racing should be good. Silly season should be interesting, too.

MM
JL
DP

in the top 3.

Hoping for NH69 to be top Ducati, but Dovi is looking strong and probably has something to prove.

Look for CEII inside the top 15.
__________________
+0

2002 KTM 520 EXC for sale
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926379
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:09 AM   #10
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 6,910
FP1

Pos. Num. Rider Nation Team Bike Km/h Time Gap 1st/Prev.
1 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 309.1 1'56.698
2 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 312.9 1'57.041 0.343 / 0.343
3 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 307.6 1'57.058 0.360 / 0.017
4 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 313.9 1'57.120 0.422 / 0.062
5 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 308.6 1'57.243 0.545 / 0.123
6 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA GO&FUN Honda Gresini Honda 310.9 1'57.610 0.912 / 0.367
7 6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 311.5 1'57.694 0.996 / 0.084
8 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 308.3 1'57.930 1.232 / 0.236
9 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 309.1 1'57.947 1.249 / 0.017
10 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 308.3 1'58.030 1.332 / 0.083
11 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Ducati 304.7 1'58.725 2.027 / 0.695
12 51 Michele PIRRO ITA Ignite Pramac Racing Ducati 302.2 1'59.019 2.321 / 0.294
13 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Power Electronics Aspar ART 293.7 1'59.092 2.394 / 0.073
14 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN Avintia Blusens FTR 297.9 1'59.178 2.480 / 0.086
15 5 Colin EDWARDS USA NGM Mobile Forward Racing FTR Kawasaki 295.9 1'59.416 2.718 / 0.238
16 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Avintia Blusens FTR 296.0 1'59.531 2.833 / 0.115
17 71 Claudio CORTI ITA NGM Mobile Forward Racing FTR Kawasaki 292.9 2'00.293 3.595 / 0.762
18 68 Yonny HERNANDEZ COL Paul Bird Motorsport ART 292.1 2'00.307 3.609 / 0.014
19 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA Came IodaRacing Project Ioda-Suter 295.2 2'00.316 3.618 / 0.009
20 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing ART 294.2 2'01.213 4.515 / 0.897
21 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Power Electronics Aspar ART 290.4 2'01.331 4.633 / 0.118
22 45 Martin BAUER AUT Remus Racing Team S&B Suter 283.0 2'01.441 4.743 / 0.110
23 70 Michael LAVERTY GBR Paul Bird Motorsport PBM 296.3 2'01.489 4.791 / 0.048
24 67 Bryan STARING AUS GO&FUN Honda Gresini FTR Honda 292.6 2'02.112 5.414 / 0.623
25 52 Lukas PESEK CZE Came IodaRacing Project Ioda-Suter 290.4 2'04.091 7.393 / 1.979
__________________
+0

2002 KTM 520 EXC for sale
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926379
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:15 AM   #11
spezjag
Beastly Adventurer
 
spezjag's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, USA
Oddometer: 6,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
FP1

Pos. Num. Rider Nation Team Bike Km/h Time Gap 1st/Prev.
8 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 308.3 1'57.930 1.232 / 0.236
9 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 309.1 1'57.947 1.249 / 0.017
10 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 308.3 1'58.030 1.332 / 0.083
After how close these three were at Indy, and how close they are now, they need to get a room!
__________________
Gary

Only a motorcyclist knows why a cheetah hangs its head out the window. - Peterman
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6jy8o...ure%3Dyoutu.be
spezjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:57 AM   #12
bikerfish
flyfishandride
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: western pa
Oddometer: 1,266
I'm gonna go with Jorge, but I really want Cal to get a win dammit!!
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:01 AM   #13
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer
 
advNZer?'s Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Wellington,New Zealand
Oddometer: 2,636


note the wheels are of the deck
__________________
aka BMWST?
advNZer? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:10 AM   #14
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 6,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post


note the wheels are of the deck
That is fuggin' awesome!
__________________
+0

2002 KTM 520 EXC for sale
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926379
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:11 AM   #15
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 6,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerfish View Post
I'm gonna go with Jorge, but I really want Cal to get a win dammit!!
I would bet on another good battle between Cal and Vale for 2nd best Yamaha.
__________________
+0

2002 KTM 520 EXC for sale
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926379
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014