User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
AK650 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 440
Free shipping to AK!

Most folks may already be aware of them, but I'll put it up here, just in case. Revzilla ( www.revzilla.com ) ships free to Alaska, on $100+ orders! Not sure if they do tires. My Sargent seat, and Altrider crash bars, both came Priority Mail in 3-4 days, and free. I found them to be great to deal with. They carry many top quality vendors.

Jeff
AK650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,871
Last i checked they do not include tires in that deal, at least not to AK. Easily my favorite online vendor though for gear.
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #3
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by skierd View Post
Last i checked they do not include tires in that deal, at least not to AK. Easily my favorite online vendor though for gear.

+1 Love those guys
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
Brendon@TMS
The Motorcycle Shop

Oddometer: 255
Just so people are aware...

The Motorcycle Shop is happy to get as competitive as we can regarding pricing and shipping.

All you have to do is ask and we'll see what we can do.

Again, not saying we can always beat internet pricing, but if you'll give us the chance to keep it local, we'll always go to bat for you.
Facebook! facebook.com/themotorcycleshopak
Brendon@TMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #5
AKDuc
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer: 6,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon@TMS View Post
Again, not saying we can always beat internet pricing, but if you'll give us the chance to keep it local, we'll always go to bat for you.
Yep, some of us will most always shop local. I don't even know when the last time I ordered anything. Just sayin.

Of course, I work retail and know the virtues of shopping local and appreciate customers who continue to shop "brick & mortar.

Happy shopping, Mark H.
AKDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #6
AK650 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDuc View Post
Yep, some of us will most always shop local. I don't even know when the last time I ordered anything. Just sayin.

Of course, I work retail and know the virtues of shopping local and appreciate customers who continue to shop "brick & mortar.

Happy shopping, Mark H.
I agree for the most part. I just about always try to buy local first. Unfortunately, and this isn't just the bike biz, its retail biz in general, I hear the same "we don't stock that, but we can order it for you".....well, I can order it too, and it arrives at my house, so I don't have to waste gas and time to go get it, and that's if the retailer happens to be open when I'm not working. I'm even perfectly willing to pay more, but it needs to be on the shelf. I have an unusual work schedule that places my free time at an extreme premium, so I certainly don't claim to speak for anyone, but myself.

Jeff
AK650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #7
slammer218
Slammer

Oddometer: 121
Thumb Free shipping

Shipped a tire there last year and it was also free from revzilla..
Old 09-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #8
Farmholio
Wobbling weeble

Oddometer: 118
Same deal with

Bike Bandit. I just got a pile of filters and tubes and miscellaneous stuff that can be hard (er) to run down in rural southeast. They won't do fluids to anyplace but the L48 but they seemed to be willing to send more or less whatever else.

They also had a nice feature where you can store what bikes you are shopping for on your account. Made it easy and fairly quick to run down somewhat mundane pieces of kit that all look the same for a bunch of different bikes.