ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2014, 05:32 PM   #1
mootsuno OP
Studly Adventurer
 
mootsuno's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Cotati, CA
Oddometer: 674
Mendo Rally 4 (2014)

Update Couple of spots open due to cancellations

Reservations for the campsite are confirmed and paid for.
The reservations are for Wednesday April 30th to Monday May 5th.
PG&E bumped the price of the site this year so the price this
year is $60. That includes five nights of camping, meals Thursday, Friday
and Saturday nights. Beer, soda, water and snacks for during the day
and evening. And you know we don't skimp on things to eat.

So everybody, time to pay up. First come, first serve.
Please send payments to "MendoRally@yahoo.com". Remember to send the
payment as "Family and Friends" and not business. Otherwise paypal will take a cut.
And please put your ADV name with your payment.

SanGJan is in charge of the $ so as people pay she'll let me know and I'll add them
to list below.

Thank goodness it's been raining or Lake Pillsbury would have been a dust bowl.
However I still don't know if the lake will be full enough to use the Relaxation Station.

OK, let's get going and if have any questions let me know.

The List:

1. mootsuno
2. SanGJan +2
5. Bogeyman
6. Bay Area Chef
7. Just Paul+1
9. Senorpeligro
10. Deliverator
11. SpecialAgentNancy
12. lastplace+1
14. Ohooligan
15. cobra46
16. chris666
17. r3r3r
18. Catfish
19. Kenny M.
20. Leo_jb
21. NOmamesSF
22. stuntcrazy
23. CRW
24. Bignastybrp+1
26. Hardy A+1
28. JetdocX
29. cme4lyt+1
31. Speed Racer
32. Capt.saveaho
33. Kzahel
34. SFMCjohn
35. jarthur+1
37. JoefromSF
38. mcma111
39. K. L. Rocket
40. duitwes
41. Titus58
42. Cavanagh, R
43. MikeDirt
44. Hop Sing
45. cap'n underpants+1
47. Fhammond
48. LongtallSally
49. cobra46 guest
50. kawtipper


So I've been getting inquiries about the rally so it's time to get the
thread started.

It's going to be a little earlier this year, the first weekend in May.
Reason being, second weekend is Mother's day and the third the
Lake Pillsbury Basin closes to OHV riding.

Also, I'm going to reserve the site for five nights this year instead of four.
This means we'll have the site from Wednesday 4/30 to Monday 5/5.

For new people I should state that it's going to be at Lake Pillsbury in
the Fuller Grove group campground. The group site is limited to 50 people
but there's also an adjacent site with individual camp sites if we have a lot
of people.
If your staying in a trailer or an RV you'll be in the individual site and you'll
have to pay for that site yourself. However, you can hangout and eat meals
at the group site. (there only a couple of minutes apart)

You can check it out here.

And a map of the site:


I think we'll keep the price the same at $55 which will include dinner Thursday,
Friday and Saturday nights, group camping, soft drinks, beer and snacks.
And as previous attendees will tell you we don't skimp on food. The menu will be similar to the previous years.

If you're there Wednesday and Sunday nights you have to provide your own meals.

And just to let everybody know I spoke with PG&E (the campsite manager)
and it's possible the site may not open depending on the water supply.
I won't know for a while though. If it doesn't open I'll look for an alternate
site.

The site can't be reserved until March so we won't be collecting any money
until then.

OK, so it's started. If you have questions either post them here or PM me.
__________________
Dean
mootsuno

mootsuno screwed with this post 04-24-2014 at 11:00 AM
mootsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:51 AM   #2
K. L. Rocket
Big bouncy make big happy
 
K. L. Rocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: North SF Bay, California
Oddometer: 1,111


Mendo Rally I: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ht=mendo+rally

Mendo Rally II: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ht=mendo+rally

Mendo Rally III: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ht=mendo+rally
__________________


K. L. Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:21 PM   #3
chris666
Burgundy Topz
 
chris666's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Folsom, CA
Oddometer: 323
In!
__________________
Burgundy Topz Scooter Club
Sacramento, CA ~ est. 1986
chris666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:01 PM   #4
Mendodave
Road Scholar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: North Coast California, M/C Heaven!
Oddometer: 879
Count me in!

Hey!

I think I will bring the truck with my kayak and the CT110 trail bike.

sounds like a blast!

Hi Mootsuno!
__________________
MSF RiderCoach
'81 R80G/S 'Moby'
'82 CT110 "Postie'
Mendodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:16 PM   #5
mootsuno OP
Studly Adventurer
 
mootsuno's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Cotati, CA
Oddometer: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendodave View Post
Hey!

I think I will bring the truck with my kayak and the CT110 trail bike.

sounds like a blast!

Hi Mootsuno!
Hey Dave,

You might have to put wheels on the kayak to get across the lake.
__________________
Dean
mootsuno
mootsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:30 PM   #6
Mendodave
Road Scholar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: North Coast California, M/C Heaven!
Oddometer: 879
sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootsuno View Post
Hey Dave,

You might have to put wheels on the kayak to get across the lake.
no kidding. normal rainfall for Mendocino is 8" or more in January.
we have .34" here at work.

it could all be burnt up by May

but, it could be overflowing too!

MORE BEER, STAT!

__________________
MSF RiderCoach
'81 R80G/S 'Moby'
'82 CT110 "Postie'
Mendodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:38 PM   #7
mario94901
Adventurer
 
mario94901's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Northern Ca, Motorcycle Heaven
Oddometer: 50
I'm in!!
__________________
-----------------------------------------------------
Triumph Tiger 800 XC (2011)
Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja (2008)
mario94901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:15 PM   #8
SpecialAgentNancy
& your little dog 2!
 
SpecialAgentNancy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: San Francisco
Oddometer: 532
In!
__________________
SpecialAgentNancy
SpecialAgentNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:07 PM   #9
cobra46
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Oddometer: 49
Had a great time last year.

Very well organized and great people.

I'm in.

Kevin
cobra46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:04 PM   #10
Speed Racer
Falling is bad
 
Speed Racer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Sacramento & Alta
Oddometer: 198
Speed Racer / Trucking / Camping / Dinner

Thanks Dean
__________________


Is the petcock on?


Speed Racer screwed with this post 01-27-2014 at 09:11 PM
Speed Racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:49 AM   #11
fhammond
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Bay Area, U.S.
Oddometer: 245
I'm in!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
fhammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:49 PM   #12
SanGJan
Janet
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: San Geronimo
Oddometer: 30
Money for Mendo

Hey all,

I will be doing the money again for the trip, but why don't we hold off until we know if we can use the campsite.

At that time, you will be able to pay pal me at mendorally@comcast.net.

When Mootsuno gives the go ahead, you can open the financial floodgates. Hold off until then.

Can't wait!

--Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootsuno View Post
So I've been getting inquiries about the rally so it's time to get the
thread started.

It's going to be a little earlier this year, the first weekend in May.
Reason being, second weekend is Mother's day and the third the
Lake Pillsbury Basin closes to OHV riding.

Also, I'm going to reserve the site for five nights this year instead of four.
This means we'll have the site from Wednesday 4/30 to Monday 5/5.

For new people I should state that it's going to be at Lake Pillsbury in
the Fuller Grove group campground. The group site is limited to 50 people
but there's also an adjacent site with individual camp sites if we have a lot
of people.
If your staying in a trailer or an RV you'll be in the individual site and you'll
have to pay for that site yourself. However, you can hangout and eat meals
at the group site. (there only a couple of minutes apart)

You can check it out here.

And a map of the site:


I think we'll keep the price the same at $55 which will include dinner Thursday,
Friday and Saturday nights, group camping, soft drinks, beer and snacks.
And as previous attendees will tell you we don't skimp on food. The menu will be similar to the previous years.

If you're there Wednesday and Sunday nights you have to provide your own meals.

And just to let everybody know I spoke with PG&E (the campsite manager)
and it's possible the site may not open depending on the water supply.
I won't know for a while though. If it doesn't open I'll look for an alternate
site.

The site can't be reserved until March so we won't be collecting any money
until then.

OK, so it's started. If you have questions either post them here or PM me.
SanGJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:50 PM   #13
SanGJan
Janet
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: San Geronimo
Oddometer: 30
Macadamia

Hey Macadamia,

You are already paid up from last year!

--Janet
SanGJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:39 PM   #14
jarthur
Old Desert Rat
 
jarthur's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Sacamento, Ca. Foothills
Oddometer: 245
In

I'm in. Also, Steve Harris.
__________________
Jack
__________
My favorite ride is the one I'm about to start!

'06 Husky TE 610, '93 ATK 605, 2014 R1200 GSW
jarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:38 PM   #15
mootsuno OP
Studly Adventurer
 
mootsuno's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Cotati, CA
Oddometer: 674
Rain is good!
__________________
Dean
mootsuno
mootsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014