User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2014, 10:31 AM   #1
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Typical a-hole trying to get out of ticket I deserve

(corrected to what I should have said in the first place)

Yea yea I can hear you already, take responsibility and all that good stuff. Okay so I got caught doing a very slow controlled wheelie. The cop gave me a break(although he never said he was giving me a break perhaps he just didn't know the correct course of action) he gave me a 22350 cvc which is a speeding ticket. On the ticket there is no mention of a wheelie and the speeds cited are 15mph in a 0mph zone , which is actually a 25mph sidestreet. He wrote the limit as 0 because he would argue no speed is safe without both wheels on the ground. So my questions are, if I try to fight it, can he get pissed and upgrade me to reckless driving which is the correct punishment for wheelies, and is there any chance of winning since he didn't actually list the wheelie on the ticket. Basically could I just go to the arraignment and lie to the judge that the officer for some reason felt I was going too slow and hopefully get it thrown out? I am in California the Nazi capitol of the world btw.

ride4fun562 screwed with this post 02-05-2014 at 02:15 PM
ride4fun562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:38 AM   #2
IRideASlowBike
Banned

Oddometer: 1,786
IRideASlowBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:41 AM   #3
tkent02
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,228
If he doesn't show up in court, it goes away. Delay, delay, delay and when you finally do go he won't be there. Or if he does show up he won't remember you were the wheelie guy.

15 in a 25 zone? The judge will throw it out anyway.
tkent02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:17 PM   #4
erkmania
Still Adventuring

Oddometer: 951
I'm going to quote post #3 for you. I think this is probably the best approach. It gets you in front of the judge where can see if the officer doesn't show or you can act contritely and ask for a reduced bail amount if he does. You could man up and reduce your $$$.$$ exposure all in one sitting. Sounds good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkent02 View Post
If he doesn't show up in court, it goes away. Delay, delay, delay and when you finally do go he won't be there. Or if he does show up he won't remember you were the wheelie guy.

I don't think the TBD will work well for you. I just can't believe the officer didn't write any citation notes for what he and the judge will likely see as a ridiculous charge against you.

I have been down the TBD path and was successful when I pointed out something the officer may not have considered. IDK for sure since the officer never replied to the TBD. It could have been something else, but I don't think so. In your case, the officer absolutely saw you do a wheelie. I would bet he would inform the traffic commissioner about your wheelie if you challenged his generosity and the strangeness of the citation.

2011 BMW R1200GS, 2004 KTM 950, 1996 ATK 605 ESDS
erkmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:36 PM   #5
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 7,079
I'm of the "no harm, no foul" philosophy. It makes no freakin' sense to me why somebody should get ticketed and fined if they haven't actually caused a collision, damage, injury, or avoidance maneuver. I see people do stupid crap all the time on the road that they never seem to get pulled for, yet a cop will write you for nothing more than doing 80 in a 70...on a freakin' sportbike that will easily handle over 130, in light traffic and clear weather. The laws are jacked. The enforcement is jacked. The courts are jacked. The brainwashing of the public is jacked.

Take responsibility...

When was the last time you saw a public official take responsibility and vote themselves a reduction in pay? When was the last time you saw a cop ticket themselves for a traffic or parking violation they committed when they weren't responding to a call? When was the last time you saw a judge turn themselves in, confess, and plead guilty to some crime or misconduct they've committed?

Leadership by example...aint exactly happening. THEY are the assholes.
Some are guard dogs of the flock. Some herders, search/rescue, or companions. We Devildogs are those, and also retrievers. Hell is our blazing dogpark, our frigid swimming hole. The fallen are our tennis balls. We don't leave the fallen behind, even if the master has to bring them home for us. Semper Fi, my friends.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:37 PM   #6
NYTrainer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
I agree with "feathered".

2004 DR650 Suzuki,1978 Yamaha XS750,
1981 Yamaha XS650 Street Tracker,1981 Yamaha XV920 Chain-drive
1986 Yamaha YZ490-Vintage MX project, Yamaha TW200(Girl Friend's Ride) Yamaha TDM 850
NYTrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:39 PM   #7
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommando View Post
I'm of the "no harm, no foul" philosophy. It makes no freakin' sense to me why somebody should get ticketed and fined if they haven't actually caused a collision, damage, injury, or avoidance maneuver. I see people do stupid crap all the time on the road that they never seem to get pulled for, yet a cop will write you for nothing more than doing 80 in a 70...on a freakin' sportbike that will easily handle over 130, in light traffic and clear weather. The laws are jacked. The enforcement is jacked. The courts are jacked. The brainwashing of the public is jacked.

Take responsibility...

When was the last time you saw a public official take responsibility and vote themselves a reduction in pay? When was the last time you saw a cop ticket themselves for a traffic or parking violation they committed when they weren't responding to a call? When was the last time you saw a judge turn themselves in, confess, and plead guilty to some crime or misconduct they've committed?

What he said
Old 02-05-2014, 07:47 PM   #8
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,149
Quote:

Take responsibility...

So you can point a gun in someone's face, as long as you don't shoot...

Is it what you call your "no harm, no foul" philosophy?

Come on...
Old 02-05-2014, 08:20 PM   #9
buckthedog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Quote:

Take responsibility...

Wow. I'll never change your mind. But your view is totally Reactionary. Its akin to firefighters at the station waiting for a call, then they go handle it. Police work is Proactionary. That's why the patrol car was invented. To be seen, to prevent crimes from occurring, hoping the mere presence of the black and white would deter offenses from happening. In the case of traffic enforcement, to help people abide by the rules of the road, thusly making it safer for you, me, our families, and the entire ADV world to ride in a safer environment. As far as having a cop ticket himself? come on. Yes, some drive like idiots, I've seen it, probably have done it, and still see it. It happens. A lot goes on that they have to rush to where they aren't allowed to use their overhead lightbars/sirens. A lot. And it can be serious . Re: judges? yes. Corrupt judges and politician fines or sentences should be doubled because we entrust them. No favors for them AT ALL.
buckthedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:49 PM   #10
dfwscotty
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,253
Fight it. No questions asked. THat's one jacked up ticket. Let the cop explain to the judge all the doublespeak that's on the ticket.....not you.

On my tickets I always take them home and read them over and over looking for any mistakes THEY made. Got out of a couple of them by doing so. Hell, I don't document stuff exactly right at work and they don't either.

1999 BMW 1100GS
2012 Kawasaki Concours
dfwscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #11
InsideThePerimeter
North GA bound

Oddometer: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkent02 View Post

Do this. Show up the first time and say you want a Lawyer then ask for as long a delay as you can get, you are poor and need to save up $.

Hire Attorney or just use your legal insurance one. S/He shows up asks for delay- and will get it.

Admit nothing, let lawyer do all the talking - tell him to delay ALAP and demand to see any Video evidence (they have to let you see the evidence against you)

Demand a jury trial, you can in places here, for even a traffic ticket but probably not in the People’s Republic of California.

Don't plea to anything before the Jury has been picked and you are the court house door.

Make it a pain in the ass to convict you, turn their bureaucracy against them.

If everyone did this every time the Police wouldn’t be used as roving Tax Collectors for corrupt other people’s money grabbing politicians looking for cash to waste on the voters they depend on to get reelected.

If you Don't Believe in Freedom For All -You Don't Believe in Freedom at All
InsideThePerimeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #12
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby1 View Post
Do this. Show up the first time and say you want a Lawyer then ask for as long a delay as you can get, you are poor and need to save up $.

Hire Attorney or just use your legal insurance one. S/He shows up asks for delay- and will get it.

Admit nothing, let lawyer do all the talking - tell him to delay ALAP and demand to see any Video evidence (they have to let you see the evidence against you)

Demand a jury trial, you can in places here, for even a traffic ticket but probably not in the People’s Republic of California.

Don't plea to anything before the Jury has been picked and you are the court house door.

Make it a pain in the ass to convict you, turn their bureaucracy against them.

If everyone did this every time the Police wouldn’t be used as roving Tax Collectors for corrupt other people’s money grabbing politicians looking for cash to waste on the voters they depend on to get reelected.

The guy received what, a 300$ "speeding" ticket instead of a reckless driving citation (with much severe punishment) and you're here with nothing better than this suggestion?

Dear God.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #13
InsideThePerimeter
North GA bound

Oddometer: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDuster View Post
The guy received what, a 300$ "speeding" ticket instead of a reckless driving citation (with much severe punishment) and you're here with nothing better than this suggestion?

Dear God.
Correct, you are not guilty of ANYTHING until you have had your "Due Process".

Do not roll over.

Exercise your right to Due Process & discourage Law Enforcement for profit.

If you Don't Believe in Freedom For All -You Don't Believe in Freedom at All

InsideThePerimeter screwed with this post 02-06-2014 at 04:34 PM
InsideThePerimeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:50 AM   #14
ride4fun562 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRideASlowBike View Post
I apologize, that even hurt me to read back to myself.
ride4fun562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:02 AM   #15
WYO George
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 420
Two options I see as simple and effective:

#1. Accept responsibility for your actions and don't try to blame "johnny law" for your mistakes and the consequences of your actions. The lessons learned the hardest last the longest

#2. Go ahead and kill yourself since the thought of taking responsibility for your actions is making you "borderline suicidal".

I would recommend #1 as the best choice, but that's up to you.

After taking responsibility for your actions; if you feel the law itself is unjust then stop blaming the cops (they don't actually make the laws you know) and start writing letters to the legislators who actually do make the laws. Maybe you can convince a legislator that the law is unjust and get it changed so in the future you can ride like you want without having to worry about Johnny Law