Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2014, 06:53 PM   #1
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Oddometer: 55
Let's talk REV'IT! An open forum for your questions, opinions, suggestions and ideas.

At REV'IT! a lot of time has been devoted to finding the highest quality materials and constructions so that we can design the best products out there. We've always loved the passionate discussions in the adventure riding community, and so we thought, time to join in the conversation. Our stuff is pretty technical, and we can get a little nerdy about it (But we noticed you can too!)

We're riders too -- and we know that a product has to be fully understood to be appreciated. We dug what Michael at Brit Kit put together for the complete guide to Kriega, so we're stealing... er, uh, "borrowing" his style. (Imitation is the best form of flattery, Michael!)

We'd like to open up any discussions on the technical performance, construction, fit, or style of any of our adventure products. We're here to help -- and to listen. Even if you just want to throw in your two cents on the REV'IT! features you love the most, or the ones you'd change -- it's all welcome. Our designers want to make the products you want to wear. As this grows, we hope that it will become a resource for anyone looking to suit up -- whether for the next big adventure, or the daily commute to work. (A ride is a ride, after all.)

If you think you have a warranty question/concern rather than an FAQ or suggestion, please contact info@revitusa.com.

Here are some of most popular REV'IT! ADV products...

Poseidon GTX Jacket
Poseidon GTX Pants

Sand Ladies Jacket
Sand Ladies Pants

Sand 2 Jacket
Sand 2 Pants
(And look! A hi-viz version!

Sand Pro Gloves
Cooling Vest
Cooling Neck Collar
Cooling Wristband

Thanks for having us here. Looking forward to learning from and sharing with you all!

Twitter
Insta

REV'IT! screwed with this post 07-14-2014 at 09:11 AM
REV'IT! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:31 AM   #2
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,419
Thanks for taking the time to answer technical questions about your riding gear.

Do you offer any waterproof leather riding gear?
Old 05-01-2014, 05:54 AM   #3
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,999
Looking forward to following this thread. I've felt for years that Rev'it could be the best. I love your style and fit is great. Now, I wear Rukka almost exclusively, so it'd be tough to beat.

The Poseidon is your top of the line, and I don't doubt that it would fit exceptionally, and be super comfortable, but why isn't it more protective? 600d fabric, with a few token strips of superfabric doesn't really cut it, and most of it isn't even ProShell. To be fair, I doubt I'd buy another Rukka suit for some of the same reasons. They don't make a suit like my Armas anymore. Top of the line just has a few token strips of Armacor. Meanwhile, other manufacturers are making truly protective suits.

Also, on the Poseidon, I prefer rear parallel vents to a horizontal one. That type of vent is blocked by the back protector and my Camelbak.

Have you considered switching to larger armor? While you're at it, armor that gets hard in the cold isn't usable for those of us in the North. I know manufacturers claim that your body heat will warm it up, but I've never found that to be true since its on the outside of your insulation hanging out in the cold.

I don't mean to sound so negative. I really want to be a Rev'it fanboy, and I'm always looking at your stuff. I guess I just haven't found the right suit yet with the combination of features I'm looking for.

Thanks for putting yourself out there It takes a lot to put up with our crap
1971 Lambretta DL

levain screwed with this post 05-01-2014 at 11:41 AM
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:10 PM   #4
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,219
I've had several Rev'it products (so has my wife) but like Jim mentioned above, why not more protective materials?

Currently I wear Rev'It Everest pants. Love them. Year round here in tucson. Vented, waterproof, one pair of pants for anywhere year round riding, what more could you want? But I hate that they are so light in the crash areas. I have these pants zipped to a Held Cardona jacket which is much studier - Gore-Tex Pro with super fabric from wrist to shoulder. Why can't someone make a good fitting pair of pants like that? Stadler maybe does. The new Klim rally might be like that but many complain about the poor fit of Klim.

Rev'It has some very good clothing but it could be great with more focus on using known, protective materials rather than some of the lighter materials with fancy names.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #5
Smoke Eater 3
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 568
I have the Sand 2 jacket. The sizing was really small. I have a 42 inch chest and I ended up with a XXXL that is still a little tight across the chest. I like the jacket except for all the pieces. Living in Maine I can have sub freezing temps in the morning, high humidity at lunch, and ride home in the rain. There are just too many liners to deal with the changing weather. For the price, this jacket should be more adaptable to conditions.
Smoke Eater 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:50 AM   #6
KiriBKK
n00b

Oddometer: 9
I like the combination of protection and classic looks in the new Ginza, Rodeo, and Mohawk boots. However, I'm disappointed that they don't seem to be CE-rated. Do you have plans to get these certified in the future, or offer a similar line of CE-rated boots?
KiriBKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:04 AM   #7
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Nice to see so much interest here! Thanks for your questions and comments. Levain & Swimmer, we're working to get you specific info on materials from our design team in Holland. For the rest, here is some useful information...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Thanks for taking the time to answer technical questions about your riding gear.

Do you offer any waterproof leather riding gear?
GB, waterproof leather used to exist, but REV'IT never used it. GORE-TEX developed leather with a laminate bonded to it so that it could be seam taped. It was quite an expensive material, and no ventilation could be built in -- a few manufacturers tried to do something with it, but ultimately the products missed the mark. GORE-TEX took this product out of their range recently.

Instead, many REV'IT! products come with liners that zip directly into the jackets or pants; this has proven to be a more versatile solution. The Ignition 2 is one of our most popular jackets in the line -- it has a leather/mesh construction, a waterproof zip-in liner AND a thermal liner, which makes it perfect for three-season riding. (For those who like to go the extra step, of course we offer rain jackets and suits to be worn over your gear.)

All of our leather is treated with a hydrophobic treatment, like most leather used in MC garments, so that it is more weather resistant. The nice thing about leather is that cows withstand the rain, too! So in general it is not a huge deal when a leather garment gets wet -- it is, however, important to properly care for them afterwards. Wet jackets should be dried out afterwards and be conditioned periodically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Eater 3 View Post
I have the Sand 2 jacket. The sizing was really small. I have a 42 inch chest and I ended up with a XXXL that is still a little tight across the chest. I like the jacket except for all the pieces. Living in Maine I can have sub freezing temps in the morning, high humidity at lunch, and ride home in the rain. There are just too many liners to deal with the changing weather. For the price, this jacket should be more adaptable to conditions.
Hi Smoke Eater. You've discovered what many of us here in the US struggle with: European sizing. In general, we tend to be a "heartier" lot than our European counterparts! It's something the design team is well aware of and is working to resolve in coming years; already, our very slim fitting riding jeans have been modified for next season to include more relaxed fits. Hopefully at the end of the year we will have something more to report on the rest of the line.

As for the liners, this is another thing our designers have been working on. For our Spring/Summer 2015 collection, we'll present a new way to "layer up" without it being so cumbersome. I can't give you too many details now... But stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiriBKK View Post
I like the combination of protection and classic looks in the new Ginza, Rodeo, and Mohawk boots. However, I'm disappointed that they don't seem to be CE-rated. Do you have plans to get these certified in the future, or offer a similar line of CE-rated boots?
KiriBKK, great news -- our new boots ARE in fact CE-approved! The detail is missing from some of our marketing materials because it was a late decision to change the design to receive the approval. You can rest assured, though, that the new boots (hitting store shelves in the next few weeks) are CE approved -- when you see a pair in person, you'll find the stamp on the inner tongue of the boot. We're really excited about these boots, and are happy to hear you like the look. Send us a photo if you pick up a pair!

Ride Safe,
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta

REV'IT! screwed with this post 05-02-2014 at 09:18 AM
Old 05-02-2014, 06:06 PM   #8
tc339
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Sand 2

I have a Sand 2 and I really like the jacket, but the velcro is AWFUL. within 6 months of owning the jacket, the velcro on the pockets and cuffs are completely useless and doesnt even hold anymore.

Has anyone had an issue with that? I was expecting a bit more for a $500 jacket.

Besides that its a very nice, versatile jacket.
tc339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:27 AM   #9
edwan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Tornado Liner

I have a Tornado Jacket. I love it. I looks good, and with the removeable liner it lets me ride in comfort from 55 to 90 degrees.

I had my liner (and tank bag stolen this weekend. Is there any way to order just the liner?

If not what jacket in your current line has the same specs as the Tornado?
edwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:11 AM   #10
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeast View Post
I believe that this is a common problem and several other riders have experienced. Strong wind gusts or not, zippers should not open themselves period. I also own a BMW RP2 suit which I've had since 2006 and those sleeve zippers don't open. I shouldn't have to ship it to California and probably have to pay to have it done when I have dealers both here in Ontario and in the US that are closer.

I appreciate you being interested in feedback from riders which means one should always try to correct known problems.
Hey BlackBeast -- we totally agree. We've passed your feedback on to our corporate offices and product development teams to be sure that any problems like this are corrected going forward. So far, this is the first we've heard of this specific zipper problem, but it definitely merits a look! Thanks for making us aware.

Ride Safe!
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta
Old 05-12-2014, 09:13 AM   #11
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ Charlie View Post
I have purchased a number items from you guys, I have never had such good online customer service. The video reviews are priceless for making decisions regarding which brand/product to purchase. With only one exception I have made most of my Revit purchases using the videos to make an informed decision.

Keep on keepin on!
Hey Charlie, you might be confusing us with Revzilla! They are one of our favorite online vendors, too! And strong ambassadors for the REV'IT! brand. Glad you've gotten excellent service from them. Let us know if you have any questions about any of our gear -- www.revitusa.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisenhallw View Post
Hey Revit!

Love my jacket, but....

Had it less than a year. Bought it from a local dealership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwan View Post
I have a Tornado Jacket. I love it. I looks good, and with the removeable liner it lets me ride in comfort from 55 to 90 degrees.

I had my liner (and tank bag stolen this weekend. Is there any way to order just the liner?

If not what jacket in your current line has the same specs as the Tornado?

Hey Edwan & ChisenhallW -- Check your PM inboxes, we'll try to get those issues sorted!!

Ride safe,
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta
Old 05-13-2014, 10:03 AM   #12
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Come to our LA party!

For those of you who are in LA -- please join us at Beach Moto for a small party to celebrate our new urban collection! All are welcome, just be sure to RSVP! rsvp@revitusa.com

Twitter
Insta
Old 05-13-2014, 10:16 AM   #13
BruceWA
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV'IT! View Post
Hey Charlie, you might be confusing us with Revzilla! They are one of our favorite online vendors, too! And strong ambassadors for the REV'IT! brand. Glad you've gotten excellent service from them. Let us know if you have any questions about any of our gear -- www.revitusa.com

Hey Edwan & ChisenhallW -- Check your PM inboxes, we'll try to get those issues sorted!!

Ride safe,
REV'IT!
Any comment on my post regarding the apparent peeling off of the reflective material on my new Poseidon Jacket???
Old 05-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #14
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,617
Hey Revit, glad to see your hear and asking for feedback.

I've debated if I should post this, as I like to keep things positive, but it seems you want some real honest feedback.

I purchased a Sirocco Jacket from a retailer and have been less than impressed with it. The pocket that holds the back protector was single stitched and completely blew out after not that much use. The stitching failed as did the material so it was not repairable. I had no back protection.

I contacted Revit and was told to contact the retailer and both of you said tough luck. Guess there is a window of warranty. So since the back pocket was non-functional and just hanging there I cut out the stitching & material the rest of the way. Other stitching was not holding up that great either.

I now use another type of protection when using this jacket, but honestly have switched over to another brand of jackets popular with the ADV crowd that features to lifetime warranty. We ride ALOT and need top shelf performing gear. Your jackets now sits in my closet most of the time.

Given the experience, I have serious reservations of purchasing another Revit piece of gear unless I am assured the build quality, stitching & longevity has gotten better. Awaiting your feedback.
I know others have been extremely pleased with Revit so maybe I got a friday afternoon jacket.

Thanks, Bill
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:58 PM   #15
Kyniska
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Your ladies cut gloves are great for my long skinny fingers.... but not a single ladies pant fits my curves. I ended up with a Levante jacket but had to get Olympia pants. Kinda frustrating.
Kyniska is offline   Reply With Quote