ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2014, 08:51 AM   #1
huskyKT OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Trail of Tears Ralley (IL)

Before I get blasted I know this is not a true adventure ralley but some of you might be interested.

There will be a GS ride.

Shawnee Area Riders Association #618 invites you to join us for the 5th annual Trail of Tears Rally and Campout on Sept. 12-14. The rally will be held at the Trail of Tears Lodge and Resort, 1575 Fair City Road, Jonesboro IL. The 500 acre resort is surrounded by Shawnee National Forest lands and has ample camping areas, a full service lodge and restaurant, rooms for non-campers, swimming, shooting range, horseback riding, and miles of off-road motorcycle trails. There is a large patio for relaxing and enjoying the secluded setting of the facility. The rally fee includes two nights camping and a Saturday night fish fry hosted by the lodge. Friday night there will be a hotdog roast with the assistance of a local Boy Scout troop. A cash bar will be available. The restaurant will be open for breakfasts. The rally will coordinate with Grassroots BMW's fall open house on Saturday, 14 miles from the rally site in Cape Girardeau MO. There will also be two guided rides, one a dual sport and the other a road ride, both ending up at Grassroots BMW for the open house. After the open house, door prize and 50/50 drawings will take place back at the lodge. The pre-registration fee will be $35 or $40 at the gate. Pre-registration is encouraged so that the lodge can provide adequate food and drink. For registration information please contact Rick Asaturian at rickasturian@gmail.com or call 618-713-0490. Visit the lodge site at trailoftears.com. The rally site coordinates are lat 37.353068, long 89.337173. Please join us food, fun, fellowship and relaxation while enjoying the beautiful, twisty roads of Southern Illinois.

If it ain't dirty you ain't riding enough!
Husky TR 650 for the dirt
Suzuki GV1200 Madura for the road
huskyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:15 PM   #2
motocrossross
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
This is right in my back yard! The Lodge has some really nice trails and the surrounding area is beautiful.
'13 R1200GS
motocrossross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:12 AM   #3
Paper
Multibike disorder..

Oddometer: 3,422
When did they move this from the spring to the fall? It used to be the last weekend in April, and the only reason I never went was because it was the same weekend as the Blackhawk Region BMW Club's swap meet in Pecatonica, IL.

So now it's two weekends after Labor Day?? And a week after the Dells Rally.. Hmm I shall ponder..
Old 08-01-2014, 05:18 AM   #4
Paper
Multibike disorder..

Oddometer: 3,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskyKT View Post
Before I get blasted I know this is not a true adventure ralley but some of you might be interested.

There will be a GS ride.
Blasted?? I look at it as a perfect opportunity for ADV folks to gather and have fun.. My topic on the WI Guzzi rally is ten pages long and there's no GS or Stelvio ride..
Instead, if it's a good time why not pass on the info so others can join in on the fun? The WI Guzzi rally now usually has 10-20 ADV inmates attending every year. and on a hodge podge variety of makes and models.. It's a party..
Old 08-01-2014, 08:53 AM   #5
k12lts
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
I went a few times when it was in April. I think last year was the first year in Illinois.

I'm going to give it a try this year.
1981 BMW R100RS
2006 KLR 650
k12lts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #6
mudpi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Trail of tears

Went last year and had a great time. Bmw dealer in cape g. Has a open house on saturday with band and food lots of door prizes. Not far from rally site
mudpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #7
andy57
quiet one

Oddometer: 123
It was a great rally last year, good food and fellowship around the fire at night.
BMWMOA #155500

1st John 4: 7,8
andy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:31 AM   #8
jclark83
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Looks like a nice rally. I'm going to try and make this one.
jclark83 is offline   Reply With Quote