Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2009, 06:14 PM   #1
Durden OP
Freak!

Oddometer: 477
List of Adventure Motorcycle Movies

Im not sure if there is a master list out there, or if this is right place, but I wanted to start a list of reality/non-fiction Motorcycle Adventure movies. I'll start the list with the ones I know about starting with my favorites in order:

1) Mondo Enduro 5/5 (the epic amature made movie that did it all)
2) Terra Circa 5/5 (the continuation of Mondo Enduro - Amazing trip)
3) Call of the Wild 3/5 (KLRs taking on single track in BC, Canada - short and good)
4) Long Way Round 5/5 (Very well made, awesome movie, worth watching, but support crews suck)
5) Race to Dakar 4/5 (Very Good look into just had difficult the Dakar rally is)
6) Dust to Glory 4/5 (Baja 1000, more of a race documentary than adventure travel, but cool none the less)
7) Long Way Down 3/5 (sequels rarely meet expectations of the original - this is no exception)
8) Moto Siberia 3/5 (Awesome trip, great KTM bikes, no support crews, just a bit short and skimpy on the biking footage)

Others Recommend (In no specific order):

1) Natural Born Traveller x/5 (lonely planet flick)
2) Get Lost Oregon x/5 (havent seen the Get Lost series, but the filming looks bad-ass - In a very good way)
3) Get Lost Baha x/5
4) Exploring the Deserts of the Earth x/5 (desert crossing on a motorcycle more culture than motorcycle)
5) Riding Solo To The Top Of The World x/5 (solo travels through asia - looks amazing)
6) One Crazy Ride x/5 (uncharted roads across the Himalayan state of Arunachal Pradesh)
7) Journey Beyond Reason x/5 (North America top to bottom by Nick Sanders - this one looks very promising)
8) One Man's Island x/5 (documentary of how one man sold everything to embark on the riding adventure he had dreamed of since childhood)
9) On Any Sunday x/5 (Documentary on motorcycle racing featuring stars of the sport, including film star Steve McQueen)
10) World's Fastest Indian x/5
11) Globe Riders: Globeriders Silk Road, Indochina, Iceland and Eurasia (Helge Pedersen's shameless self-promotional videos)
12) Achievable Dream Series (Horizons Unlimited's series on moto travelling, more of a how-to than a movie)

Good Fiction Movies:

1) One Week 5/5 (Great Canadian flick about a guy who has one week to live and decides to buy a bike and ride across the country - 2009)
2) The Motorcycle Diaries 4/5 (classic story of Che, good movie, not a pure adventure or motorcycle movie, regardless makes the cut - circa 2005)
3) Time Rider x/5 (The Adventure of Lyle Swann - 1982)

Updated with my rating scale based on quality of videography, footage, and level of adventure. Those with x I have yet to see. Cheers keep the list growing.

Durden screwed with this post 05-10-2010 at 11:16 AM
Durden is offline   Reply With Quote