|06-24-2009, 07:19 PM||#1|
Joined: May 2004
Location: Heber City, UT
Garage Sale Racing----V2R
Well V2R is about two months away. Wish it was sooner but there's still a lot to do. I started this thread to document my journey from start to finish (hopefully)
The first thing I should do is get the bike a 950 super enduro setup right so that all my training rides will be on a bike that is setup to race. So.......
1. Put a blackdog skidplate on the thing because it's the strongest thing on the market, the last thing I want is a holed case 50 miles into the race.
2. It's a no brainer it's gotta have a scotts.
3. A set of CJ designs peg extenders for comfort and leverage
4. 1000 miles on that stiff ass suspension didn't sound fun so Superplush revalve is a must
5. Get the sidestand off the cases so a few hours in the garage and it's mounted on a nice new bracket.
6. more fuel range so weld a 2-1 and put 1.7 gal in place of the left side exhaust.
So that's it so far. The next thing to figure out is lighting. Hopefully I won't need it but you know if you plan on not needed it you for sure will.
So theres 2 months. Gotta get training to be able to handle the big pig and ride as much as possible.
Thank you MX1WEST, Lindsay Machine, Smart Performance, SPS for the Support
257x Solo Baja 1000
If I had not some strength of will I would make a first class drunkard--Shackleton
Moving??? Two Man Movers
frog screwed with this post 06-26-2009 at 06:13 PM
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|