|View Results: who is actually going to this thing|
|IN - I am going to BYOB||93||83.04%|
|out - I am a fairy and staying home and though you should know||19||16.96%|
|Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll|
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Display Modes|
|07-02-2009, 02:24 PM||#1|
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Hide Away Hills, Ohio
Byob '10 - June 11, 2010 - at the Oxyoke in Galeton, PA - a Farm Rules Rally
UPDATE AS OF OCTOBER 9, 2009
Augie_Dogie, beantop, Bueller, cruceno, Dave2, deerslayR, DirtyBones, ducky950, eddie bolted, evildave, Fauster, Flier, frugal, gelandestrasse, Goon, gsweave, Hog Rider, HWSNBN, JaxObsessed, Jeff B, JimStrom, Kathy R, knybanjo, monkeyfez, Motorcyclist, Mr. Ray, MRHAPPY, mutineer, OleGrumpy, PhilSpace and spacewife, PrtclMn001, R1100RICK, Rick G, roadhousecharley, RPD1, sallydog, SlipChip, SpencerCompton, Thisguy, Trailing Jack, v4rider, xtphreak
ORIGINAL POST BELOW
Well, someone had to start it.
My vote - that place we were looking at in Tellico.
If so, earlier June is probably better than later June. If the venue moves farther north, later June is probably better.
Chris - sorry you couldn't make it. I hope your wife is getting better. Are you passing the torch or do you want to take on next year's event?
Regardless of who does this before you make a suggestion of venue you should consider whether or not it meets the following criteria:
1) Adequate bathroom and shower facilities to handle approximately 100 extra tent dwellers for the weekend (in addition to their normal business).
2) Cabins/hotel rooms on site or at least very close by capable of accommodating about 30% of the attendees. This can translate into 30 - 60 people wanting to stay in a hotel room or cabin.
3) Many miles of trails/dirt/gravel/off pavement riding close by.
4) Lots of twisty pavement and interesting places to visit on a day ride.
6) Historic decent weather for the date chosen. For example I wouldn't recommend choosing the Louisiana coast and expect most people to be anything less than miserably hot Having said that, though I was involved in last year's BYOB planning and the hills of S.E. Ohio are my home turf I cautioned everyone about the propensity for lots of rain and unpredictable weather carrying into early June in this area. The decision was made to go ahead with it anyway. We got lucky.
7) Ideally the combination of camping and rooms should be centrally located. Galeton is probably the best example of this. Admittedly it is difficult to find a place that proivides all of this, but the closer we come to meeting these guidelines the better the event promises to be.
So there it is. Suggestions?
"Bueller, you're an island of sense in a sea of bullshit" - swimmer
"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
mutineer screwed with this post 01-13-2010 at 09:59 PM
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|