ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2004, 03:41 PM   #1
scorch OP
Poser
 
scorch's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Burtonsville, Maryland
Oddometer: 3,366
xr650r for sale in NC

Found this in Thumpertalk.com

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho.../1#Post1513321

2700$ for a nice xr650r. Ready to hit the dirt.

Cityclip, get it. Then let me ride it.
scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 03:57 PM   #2
ddlewis
squirrel
 
ddlewis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: South/central Va
Oddometer: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorch
Found this in Thumpertalk.com

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho.../1#Post1513321

2700$ for a nice xr650r. Ready to hit the dirt.

Cityclip, get it. Then let me ride it.
I talked to that guy a month ago when he first listed it. He doesn't have any documentation on it (no title or C.o.O.) and the Va DMV will not issue a street title with just a Bill of Sale. I wanted it for D/S conversion so that put me off. If you just want it for trails you could get a good deal on it, probably $2.5k or less. I spoke to him on the phone twice, bikes near Rocky Mount NC seemed like a decent guy.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 05:21 PM   #3
scorch OP
Poser
 
scorch's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Burtonsville, Maryland
Oddometer: 3,366
I see you got a xr600r, you riding sunday? Lets hit some trails.
scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 07:52 PM   #4
ddlewis
squirrel
 
ddlewis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: South/central Va
Oddometer: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorch
I see you got a xr600r, you riding sunday? Lets hit some trails.
Like to but don't see myself making it all the way up to PA Sunday. I'll keep an eye out for the next one.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 10:33 AM   #5
CityClip
Upgraded to Scooterdom
 
CityClip's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Oddometer: 843
I kinda want to try a Katoom.

Hell, I'll try any dirt bike. Gotta try before I buy...
__________________
Yellow 2007 Vespa GTS 250ie
Totally :ymca looking yet totally
CityClip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 01:06 PM   #6
Barry
Just Beastly
 
Barry's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Fredericksburg, Va.
Oddometer: 7,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpy
...and the Va DMV will not issue a street title with just a Bill of Sale.
A guy on this site PM'd me that there is in fact a DMV method for titling such a bike.

If the bike does not have a certificate of origin or title there is a little know DMV form, most DMV folks don't know of if this form, the name of the form is Affidavit in leu of title certificate. If you go to www.dmvnow.com due a search in the forms area you'll find it. Fill it out and take it to DMV don't go to DMV as all they'll tell you is you have to have a title to get a title. Essentially the form says we'll give you a title but if someone contests the title the Commonwealth will not assist.


Barry
__________________
Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap... Avoid it now, do a trackday.

Do not do business with Myrtle West Cycle... Not a reputable vendor by a long shot.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 02:02 PM   #7
ddlewis
squirrel
 
ddlewis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: South/central Va
Oddometer: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry
A guy on this site PM'd me that there is in fact a DMV method for titling such a bike.

If the bike does not have a certificate of origin or title there is a little know DMV form, most DMV folks don't know of if this form, the name of the form is Affidavit in leu of title certificate. If you go to www.dmvnow.com due a search in the forms area you'll find it. Fill it out and take it to DMV don't go to DMV as all they'll tell you is you have to have a title to get a title. Essentially the form says we'll give you a title but if someone contests the title the Commonwealth will not assist.

Barry
Ok, I found it. Affidavit in leu of title:
http://www.dmvnow.com/webdoc/pdf/vsa12.pdf

Damn, that's cool and good to know. Although it does say this:

Quote:
The final decision to accept or deny the application will be made by the CSC Manager or the Titling, and Registration Division. (In the event the application is denied at either level forward all forms, fees and available documents to Deputy Director, Titling, and Dealer Services. Inform
Has your friend or anyone he knows first hand used this to successfully get a dirt bike titled?
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014